Explain the AH Quote

A Brazilian propaganda poster following the Peruvian-Brazilian war in 1922.

"He's just standing there... menacingly!"

From the TV show "Better With Friends" when the teenaged daughter of the main characters was attempting to explain to the police exactly how the man standing on the corner was harassing her.

"It's a common misconception that Americans hate Europeans. We love you. On that side of the ocean."

From the TV show "Better With Friends" when the teenaged daughter of the main characters was attempting to explain to the police exactly how the man standing on the corner was harassing her.

"It's a common misconception that Americans hate Europeans. We love you. On that side of the ocean."

General Eisenhower on the Franco-American War, where it had to fight a fascist alliance between France and Brazil over control over the Americas.

“Not since the Mongols has anyone managed to take this much territory in just a short amount of time; let alone make that nation stable and not fracture up again.”

General Eisenhower on the Franco-American War, where it had to fight a fascist alliance between France and Brazil over control over the Americas.

“Not since the Mongols has anyone managed to take this much territory in just a short amount of time; let alone make that nation stable and not fracture up again.”
French writer Milene Defray on the eZula Empire, which covered much of southern and eastern Africa, right up to the Sahel.

"If you can't handle a little spider you can kill with barely a fifth of your strength, what chance do you have out there?"

Adrian Goldsworthy on the New Carthaginian Empire. Refounded in 1933 during the wave of ultranationalism that spread across Africa, the Empire managed to conquer much of Africa and the Mediterranean world and create a stable empire that was able to resist American, British, and Imperial Cossack pressure for nearly 500 years.

French writer Milene Defray on the eZula Empire, which covered much of southern and eastern Africa, right up to the Sahel.

"If you can't handle a little spider you can kill with barely a fifth of your strength, what chance do you have out there?"

A quote used to describe the Imperialist ambitions of Mexico in the 1880s. Unable to destroy the much smaller and weaker Republic of El Savador, Mexico looked north to the United Kingdom of Nova Britannia and the Texas Republic. The quote, however, wasn't used till Mexico picked a fight with the huge colonial empire of the French, when it tried to seize Cuba and Jamaica.

"And on the 7th day, he looked over the fields and the forests, and the great multitude of Man, and said, "What have I done?"

Adrian Goldsworthy on the New Carthaginian Empire. Refounded in 1933 during the wave of ultranationalism that spread across Africa, the Empire managed to conquer much of Africa and the Mediterranean world and create a stable empire that was able to resist American, British, and Imperial Cossack pressure for nearly 500 years.

A quote used to describe the Imperialist ambitions of Mexico in the 1880s. Unable to destroy the much smaller and weaker Republic of El Savador, Mexico looked north to the United Kingdom of Nova Britannia and the Texas Republic. The quote, however, wasn't used till Mexico picked a fight with the huge colonial empire of the French, when it tried to seize Cuba and Jamaica.

"And on the 7th day, he looked over the fields and the forests, and the great multitude of Man, and said, "What have I done?"

Rachael Carson, leader of the Worker’s Liberation Front on the ecological catastrophe of the nuclear bombings of China during the Sino-Americans War of 1979

“I have become death, the destroyer of worlds.”

“I have become death, the destroyer of worlds.”
Dominion of India general Subhas Chandra Bose triumphant exclaims this after leading his unit to victory at the Battle of Prachuap. In which his forces cut off southern Thailand so Malaya could be better protected through being linked with Burma.

"What did you do? WHAT DID YOU DO?!"

Bulldoggus

Banned
"What did you do? WHAT DID YOU DO?!"
Gen. Curtis E. LeMay to Gen. Thomas S. Powers following the Scorching of Moscow, 1951. This unauthorized nuclear attack came after the warring powers secretly agreed upon the Warsaw-Sofia Demilitarized Nations Line, the reunification of Germany and return of East Prussia, and other provisions. This attack wiped out much of the Communist Leadership (as well as millions of civilians), and led to the Second Russian Civil War. Some say that Russia from 1914 to the 1964 Restoration was the world's largest graveyard. Though many conspiracy theorists (and indeed some historians) argue otherwise, it is generally agreed that Powers acted alone and with primarily sadistic motives- he was hanged two years later after a much-publicized trial. Despite this, many American anti-communists still idolize Powers, with top right-wing politicians (including, in recent years, Presidents Harper and Gordon) attending a memorial to WWIII veterans that includes the name of Powers (as well as those of other alleged war criminals). This has attracted criticism both from the governments of Russia and from the remaining communist governments of Tuva, North Korea, Khmer, and Formosa.

"If anyone dies with a clean sword, I'll rape his f***ing corpse!"

President MacArthur's response to the Soviets demand to leave Berlin.

"And I put forth the following motion - the disbandment of the United States of America."

A rough translation of a phrase common in Italian elections campaigns for candidates from Sicily until the 1970s.

"A small price to pay for salvation."

King Henry I of Spain addressing the Castilian and Aragonese nobles. He comes from a Portuguese background and married into the Spanish royal family. Under his reign he takes Spain to greater heights, even if it meant Portuguese hegemony over Castile and Aragon, the latter who weren’t comfortable with it

“My ancestors forged an empire in Spain from the New World to the southern reaches of Africa to the realms of India, the Indies, Australia, and the Maghreb. We were wise in avoiding the trivial disputes of European kings and took on more important tasks. Now, I command that we head to the Levant for the prize my ancestors would’ve dreamed of: Jerusalem”.

“My ancestors forged an empire in Spain from the New World to the southern reaches of Africa to the realms of India, the Indies, Australia, and the Maghreb. We were wise in avoiding the trivial disputes of European kings and took on more important tasks. Now, I command that we head to the Levant for the prize my ancestors would’ve dreamed of: Jerusalem”.
Spanish dictator Fransisco Franco calls for Spain, France and Italy to join Russia's quest to invade the Middle East. Of course, they would have stayed in Europe if they knew what Britain had in store for them once they neared Egypt.

"If we can't protect the Earth, you can be damn sure we'll avenge it."

Spanish dictator Fransisco Franco calls for Spain, France and Italy to join Russia's quest to invade the Middle East. Of course, they would have stayed in Europe if they knew what Britain had in store for them once they neared Egypt.

"If we can't protect the Earth, you can be damn sure we'll avenge it."

Slogan of the radical environmentalist group Green Earth, who made numerous attacks against loggers, road workers and other professions that they deemed harmful to nature. They were declared a domestic terrorist organization after a narrowly foiled plot to destroy Hoover Dam. Several of the leaders were sentenced to death in 1988, and their extremism severely weakened the environmental lobby in the United States.

"Ourselves repulsed, our allies repulsed, their allies repulsed, our mutual enemies repulsed. They must have blackmail material on God himself, for nothing else can explain their continued survival."

"Ourselves repulsed, our allies repulsed, their allies repulsed, our mutual enemies repulsed. They must have blackmail material on God himself, for nothing else can explain their continued survival."
General Arthur Percival expresses bafflement at the fact Vichy French forces in Indochina are still present even after the liberation of Thailand. To say nothing of the US' liberation of the French-ruled areas of China.

"Let me guess tiny, a small salad?"

"Let me guess tiny, a small salad?"

Said to Georgian ex-president Ioseb Jughashvili by a Polish waiter when he stopped at a restaurant in Warsaw. He responded by buying the restaurant and firing the man.

"This alliance has stood since the days of Bismarck and you think you can tear it apart with petty threats? We conquered Siberia and Alaska to create the Berlin to Washington railroad, we expanded to encompass all lands that we laid claim to. The French were broken and the British driven off the sea, the Ottomans forced out of Europe and Austria-Hungary absorbed into our empires. Bring your fleets and your armies, let the Pope decree what he will. Kaiser, Tsar and Caeser, the League of Three Emperors has never been broken and it never will be. Washington stands with Berlin and Moscow!"

"This alliance has stood since the days of Bismarck and you think you can tear it apart with petty threats? We conquered Siberia and Alaska to create the Berlin to Washington railroad, we expanded to encompass all lands that we laid claim to. The French were broken and the British driven off the sea, the Ottomans forced out of Europe and Austria-Hungary absorbed into our empires. Bring your fleets and your armies, let the Pope decree what he will. Kaiser, Tsar and Caeser, the League of Three Emperors has never been broken and it never will be. Washington stands with Berlin and Moscow!"
The Kaiser Wilhelm III boasts what things will be like in his vision for Germany.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing."

"I find your lack of faith disturbing."

Said by Ferdinand Foch to Charles de Gaulle when he expressed doubts about the feasibility of the Petain plan, which called for a swift offensive into Spain to crush them before swinging back to meet the Prussians in the event of a two-front war. He was proven correct when Spain did not fall and the Prussians smashed their way to Paris.

"You wish for equality madam? There it is, in that trench. Here is your rifle. The common man earned the vote after five years of gas and explosions and blood in these trenches. You'll have to do no less."

"You wish for equality madam? There it is, in that trench. Here is your rifle. The common man earned the vote after five years of gas and explosions and blood in these trenches. You'll have to do no less."
A line from the 2009 short war film Bernadette, about a girl who joins the Free French forces, and the first live-action film by Henry Banks. The line is said by Jaq, her superior.

"What can I say except 'You're Welcome?'"