URHAFAH: Universal Historical Atlas For AlternateHistorians

upload_2019-8-7_10-39-4.png

My attempt at the UK. dont know however if London shouldnt be depicted as Secular or Sunni.

only half of valais/wallis (Switzerland) is romand/arpitan, the other half is alemannic german. also are canton ethnicities still a thing? as for wales, it depends, for example u origanlly coloured dyfed/Pembrokeshire as welsh even tho its been english speaking for over a hundred years. also north east wales was green despite its close ties with the wirral and chester. the south walian valleys have a stronger welsh identity than deeside. tho id say north east wales as depicted on the map would be strongly welsh, even having decent number of welsh speakers despite them being the minority.

london is christian (48%) with only 20% non-religious and 12% muslim
LK7IpUq.png
the valais/wallis border plus german italy

Last edited:
only half of valais/wallis (Switzerland) is romand/arpitan, the other half is alemannic german. also are canton ethnicities still a thing? as for wales, it depends, for example u origanlly coloured dyfed/Pembrokeshire as welsh even tho its been english speaking for over a hundred years. also north east wales was green despite its close ties with the wirral and chester. the south walian valleys have a stronger welsh identity than deeside. tho id say north east wales as depicted on the map would be strongly welsh, even having decent number of welsh speakers despite them being the minority.

london is christian (48%) with only 20% non-religious and 12% muslim
LK7IpUq.png
the valais/wallis border plus german italy
For Valais, it was not divided into two on the original map. The power Francophone part is more populous than the German-speaking part. The ethnicities depicted are:
Swiss German, Arpetan and Lombard (Ticino) to show the linguistic divide.
For Wales I have no idea how to accurately show the thing. My understanding is that you have:
  1. Welsh-speaking Wales, with a strong identity in regions like Gwynedd.
  2. Anglophone Wales, with strong Welsh identity, like Glamorgan
  3. Eastern valleys like Powys, Anglophone with strong ties eastwards.
Some members from Wales were against me depicting a "Marcher Wales" identity.
London, yes it is coloured Anglican on the map

I would recommend using a different color for the South German provinces of the South of the former grand-duchy of Baden differently, than the provinces of former Württemberg. For local identities in this area, people of South-Baden and Württemberg are in some sort of rivalry, and people in South-Baden are still nostalgic for their own state in the age of the grand-duchy in the 19. century. Also the dialect between people from Swabia/Würtemmberg is different from the Allemanic dialect spoken in South-Baden.

I would recommend using a different color for the South German provinces of the South of the former grand-duchy of Baden differently, than the provinces of former Württemberg. For local identities in this area, people of South-Baden and Württemberg are in some sort of rivalry, and people in South-Baden are still nostalgic for their own state in the age of the grand-duchy in the 19. century. Also the dialect between people from Swabia/Würtemmberg is different from the Allemanic dialect spoken in South-Baden.
I see. Is it only the matter with South Baden, or all of Baden?

The ethnic groups in China are one reason using a base showing every prefecture and most/all counties would be sensible IMO:
DqFz587VYAApUY6.jpg

Attachments

• Autonomous_rule_divisions_in_China.png
    Autonomous_rule_divisions_in_China.png
    351.4 KB · Views: 245
I haven't read every comment here, but what about rivers? Many ancient borders were based on them.
Some of the river borders were translated into provincial borders, such as the Danube in Hungary or the Mississippi or the Rio Grande. Others were not. I was not the mapmaker, and I have changed only very few provincial borders. (Plus I ve changed some borders in Bosnia and Syria)
Are there up-to-date versions of the cultural, linguistic, and political maps?
Yes, I am putting them below.
Religion, today:
upload_2019-8-30_20-36-13.png

upload_2019-8-30_20-30-50.png
(correction, Irkuts Buryats are Tengri, not Buddhist)
Languages, today:
upload_2019-8-30_20-31-21.png
upload_2019-8-30_20-31-39.png

Cultures, today:
upload_2019-8-30_20-32-6.png
upload_2019-8-30_20-32-22.png

The political map and (possibly forms of government map) were not drawn, due to the mere fact that there are so many of them. Showing present political situation.

As a bonus, religion in 1915:
upload_2019-8-30_20-38-19.png
upload_2019-8-30_20-38-37.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-8-30_20-30-29.png
    upload_2019-8-30_20-30-29.png
    442 KB · Views: 222
@Blacklister3000 not saying it is 100% accurate, and as you can see I used the present day map as base in most places

Europe, USA and Middle East are guaranteed, India is as well. For the rest, I used rough assumptions, such as pagan areas in Africa and the Amazon from Extended Timeline mod in EU4. Papua I know got converted relatively recently; enlarged Reformed areas in South Africa according to areas of Boer majority. Russia had minority religious populations inflated, in case of Old Believers and Mennonites.

As for China and Korea, I assume China would have less Christians and Korea more. Dunno.
Greenland is going to be the same, for Canada I believe a reliable source from that time will pop up. Alaska- I do not know, I believe more native and more Orthodox