Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting developments.

What ever Ingrid did to Denise is disturbing.

Also in regards to OTL, May 28th, 2014 was the day I left the States to go back to the Philippines after a month.

Biden
11:46 AM EST, Wednesday, May 28th, 2014

East Room, White House, Washington, DC.

Msc_2009-Impressions-Dett_009.jpg

President Biden walked up to the podium inside the East Room to announce he deeply regretfully accepted the resignation of US Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric Shinseki & declared that those responsible in the VHA Scandal will be brought to justice, hoping for bipartisanship from Congress in accountability at the Veterans Health Administration providing necessary healthcare for military veterans, who've served our country with honor & integrity. He also announced that he would be naming Procter & Gamble CEO & US Army Veteran Robert McDonald as Shinseki's replacement pending approval from the United States Senate.

Eyewitness Accounts: Roberts Commission
Arnold Clavio: "Saksi" GMA Network TV Broadcast Show Co-Anchor

"On the fateful afternoon of Monday, April 28th, 2014, I was inside the GMA News Studio working on the historic State Visit of POTUS Obama to the Philippines. It was a glorious sunny day, despite being one of the hottest summers ever recorded. Watching the festivities on TV with several of my co-workers at GMA Network was amazing, they were excited seeing the spectators on the grounds of Malacanang Palace. Observing from watching the festivities on TV, I noticed some strange cast of characters who looked uncomfortable wearing PNP uniforms, they seemed to be around the age group of 17-40+ range, very young & looking quite suspicious in my eyes because I had never seen someone looking very suspicious before in my life.

Everything during the Welcoming Honors Ceremony at Malacanang Palace was going well: 21 Cannon Salute for POTUS Obama, the respective national anthems of the United States & the Philippines. Then came the Honor Guard Inspection, I couldn't help but see bright shining lights over at the left side when all of a sudden.... gunshots rang out, then more gunshots were fired & before I knew it, chaos just took over at Malacanang Palace.

After witnessing the horrific shooting on live TV, I went back to the newsdesk & GMA Network broke into regular programming so that I could report on what had just occurred & we stayed on the air all night.

Last edited:
Eyewitness Accounts: Roberts Commission
Vicky Morales of GMA Network's "Saksi"

Vicky_Morales.jpg

"Let me tell you in full detail on what I was doing on the fateful Monday, April 28th, 2014. I was working on live coverage on the historic State Visit of POTUS Obama to the Philippines. It was supposed to be a very beautiful & historic day, highlighting the deepening relationship between the United States & the Philippines throughout the years.

More on Morales' account later in the TL.

Last edited:
Here is my DBWI testimony to that day of myself on this timeline. BTW, I am sticking true to events that personally happened to me prior and after the POD

"I started getting interested in politics or world events since 2012 but it was in 2013 where I started reading or watching the news. Prior to entering college during my last days of high school the previous year, I was watching the news of the Korean Peninsula Crisis and the Boston Marathon bombings and manhunt. Then when I entered college, big headlines around the country and the world were made. First, it was the Pork Barrel scam and the Ghouta Chemical attacks in Syria in August 2013. I remember anxiously watching if the U.S., the UK, France, and their Arab Allies would intervene against the Syrian Arab Republic, which the Russian Federation eventually called bluff. Then on September, the Zamboanga City siege occurred which lasted for roughly three weeks. A month later, on October 15th, 2013, a 7.2 magnitude earthquake struck the island of Bohol. I was in Bohol that morning and I remember correctly where I was in the Bohol Tropics Resort in Tagbilaran City. Three weeks later, on November 8th, 2013, Typhoon Haiyan (Local: Yolanda) hit the provinces of Samar, Leyte, northern Cebu (plus the Camotes Islands), Panay, Mindoro, and Palawan. Tacloban City was affected badly as I saw on the news. I would never forget the heartbreaking photos seeing destroyed houses, dead bodies on the streets, the long lines into relief centers, foreign militaries coming to the aid, and more. I remember Obama promising help to arrive as soon as possible. The first help came in the form of U.S. Marines based on Okinawa. Second semester of SY 2013-2014 began and I remember seeing several C-130s and C-17s fly over Cebu as more relief came pouring to the country. The pressence of the USS George Washington and China's PLA-N hospital ship known as the Peace Ark were most memorable of them all. It came to a heartbreak when we knew Fast and the Furious actor Paul Walker met a fatal accident as he did a charity run for the victims of Haiyan, which was followed by the death of Nelson Mandela a few days later.

When 2014 came, I remember watching the Euromaidan protests in Ukraine erupt into their President running away from the country followd by the Crimean Crisis in which "little green men" seized Ukrainian military bases. For the first time, we millenials got a glimpse of a "second Cold War" brewing up in Europe. A month later, Malaysia Airlines MH370 would disappear enroute from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to Beijing, China. The disappearance of a plane in modern times baffled the world as it was merely impossible to happen. My friends and I followed the news of the plane for roughly two months now...to no luck. Then came our finals before our Summer 2014 officially began on March 27th, 2014. Two days later, the Philippine government successfully resupplied our Philippine Marine Outpost located within the rusty LST BRP Sierra Madre at the Second Thomas Shoal at the middle of the Spratly Islands where China Coast Guard vessels lurked. It was a beholden sight seeing a smaller boat getting challenged by a bigger boat. I would spend the next few weeks going to the beach and celebrating the Holy Week with my relatives.

Monday, April 28th, 2014 was a historical day in the Philippines because it marked the first time in 11 years since a U.S. President visited a country. That was back then with George W. Bush in October 2003. I was still seven that time and didn't really care about politics or world affairs. Now I am 17 turning 18 this September 4th. During that time, I was currently 1 month into the summer after my freshman year in college which was an eventful school year full of headlines. At that time, my family and I just came back from Bohol (we revisited the province six months after the earthquake). The city of Lapu-Lapu just celebrated the festivities of the Battle of Mactan while a schoolmate of mine from my high school named Vanessa was joining Miss Teen Earth Philippines. She was currently in NAIA the same time Air Force One landed. I remember jokingly asking her if she saw it but unfortunately she didn't. It was a very hot summer afternoon and I was glued to the TV watching the State Visit of Obama has the presidential limo entered the Malacanang. I was taking pictures of the TV on my iPad and also tweeting at the same time when the unexpected happened. Obama had been shot. I remember that moment all social media went wild. All my friends and most of my followers posted about it. We prayed for his safety but the bad news hit us that night that Obama had died. I was shocked. The entire nation was shocked. The world was shocked. VP Joe Biden was then sworn in as the 45th President of the United States

The next two days were awash with repeated broadcasts of the Obama assassination. On April 30th, I visited my old high school on their last-day-of-school and everyone was talking about it. Instead of festive mood, most of the talk of the day was about Obama. I visited the outgoing batch of 2014 since their graduation was the following day (May 1st) and all of them were still shaken by the news. I couldn't blame them. So was I. That night, I attended my neighbor's 15th birthday party and while we did talk about the upcoming movies for this year and other stuff while also playing GTA V on the Xbox 360, the topic would inadvertently switch to the infamous incident.

A week later, on May 9th, 2014, my family and I went to the United States to visit our relatives in Michigan. The political atmosphere was really tense. Upon arrival in Detroit Metropolitan Airport, most Asians and POCs were subject to intense questioning by the CBP officials. My family and I were the last ones in that line unfortunately so the immigration official also subjected us to a search before we were cleared and given entry to America[1]. Of course I was happy to go have entered the USA but the atmosphere was just so different. A President was assassinated a week before and now there was a new President in the White House. During dinner that night with my relatives and cousins, the Obama assassination was brought once again just like it was throughout the trip. From May 9th-28th, my relatives and I visited various states including by driving through the states of Ohio, Kentucky, Arkansas, Tennessee, Georgia, and Florida before flying to New York then back to Michigan. We returned back to the Philippines on the 28th. Life went on as usual. The vacation ended, my friend Vanessa won Miss Teen Earth Philippines for this year (I was supporting her 12 hours prior when I was still in Detroit Metropolitan Airport and then I arrived in Tokyo for the connecting flight back to Cebu when the pageant began. I would know she won when I arrived back in Cebu around 11:00 PM and I was just so tired from the trip). Then I realized summer was about to end and second year college was going to begin in less than two weeks. As I said, life went on a month after the assassination. My brother and I bought a PS4 on the 31st along with Ubisoft's new game known as Watch_Dogs. Currently, I am just making the most of my remaining days of my summer. It began as fun but mid-way the shocking event happened that would forever change my perception of the world and this decade. I can never forget seeing an American President being shot on live TV. For my generation, it served as our JFK moment. I will forever carry this on throughout my lifetime."

Author's Notes:
[1] Yes this did happen in RL. We were the last one on the foreign nationals line and we were subjected to secondary search after intense questioning by the CBP. They cleared us later after search was complete. I figured in this timeline, the CBP at all ports-of-entry would be more suspicious and aggressive towards Filipinos and Southeast Asians in general since Obama was assassinated just a week before.

Here is my DBWI testimony to that day of myself on this timeline. BTW, I am sticking true to events that personally happened to me prior and after the POD

"I started getting interested in politics or world events since 2012 but it was in 2013 where I started reading or watching the news. Prior to entering college during my last days of high school the previous year, I was watching the news of the Korean Peninsula Crisis and the Boston Marathon bombings and manhunt. Then when I entered college, big headlines around the country and the world were made. First, it was the Pork Barrel scam and the Ghouta Chemical attacks in Syria in August 2013. I remember anxiously watching if the U.S., the UK, France, and their Arab Allies would intervene against the Syrian Arab Republic, which the Russian Federation eventually called bluff. Then on September, the Zamboanga City siege occurred which lasted for roughly three weeks. A month later, on October 15th, 2013, a 7.2 magnitude earthquake struck the island of Bohol. I was in Bohol that morning and I remember correctly where I was in the Bohol Tropics Resort in Tagbilaran City. Three weeks later, on November 8th, 2013, Typhoon Haiyan (Local: Yolanda) hit the provinces of Samar, Leyte, northern Cebu (plus the Camotes Islands), Panay, Mindoro, and Palawan. Tacloban City was affected badly as I saw on the news. I would never forget the heartbreaking photos seeing destroyed houses, dead bodies on the streets, the long lines into relief centers, foreign militaries coming to the aid, and more. I remember Obama promising help to arrive as soon as possible. The first help came in the form of U.S. Marines based on Okinawa. Second semester of SY 2013-2014 began and I remember seeing several C-130s and C-17s fly over Cebu as more relief came pouring to the country. The pressence of the USS George Washington and China's PLA-N hospital ship known as the Peace Ark were most memorable of them all. It came to a heartbreak when we knew Fast and the Furious actor Paul Walker met a fatal accident as he did a charity run for the victims of Haiyan, which was followed by the death of Nelson Mandela a few days later.

When 2014 came, I remember watching the Euromaidan protests in Ukraine erupt into their President running away from the country followd by the Crimean Crisis in which "little green men" seized Ukrainian military bases. For the first time, we millenials got a glimpse of a "second Cold War" brewing up in Europe. A month later, Malaysia Airlines MH370 would disappear enroute from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to Beijing, China. The disappearance of a plane in modern times baffled the world as it was merely impossible to happen. My friends and I followed the news of the plane for roughly two months now...to no luck. Then came our finals before our Summer 2014 officially began on March 27th, 2014. Two days later, the Philippine government successfully resupplied our Philippine Marine Outpost located within the rusty LST BRP Sierra Madre at the Second Thomas Shoal at the middle of the Spratly Islands where China Coast Guard vessels lurked. It was a beholden sight seeing a smaller boat getting challenged by a bigger boat. I would spend the next few weeks going to the beach and celebrating the Holy Week with my relatives.

Monday, April 28th, 2014 was a historical day in the Philippines because it marked the first time in 11 years since a U.S. President visited a country. That was back then with George W. Bush in October 2003. I was still seven that time and didn't really care about politics or world affairs. Now I am 17 turning 18 this September 4th. During that time, I was currently 1 month into the summer after my freshman year in college which was an eventful school year full of headlines. At that time, my family and I just came back from Bohol (we revisited the province six months after the earthquake). The city of Lapu-Lapu just celebrated the festivities of the Battle of Mactan while a schoolmate of mine from my high school named Vanessa was joining Miss Teen Earth Philippines. She was currently in NAIA the same time Air Force One landed. I remember jokingly asking her if she saw it but unfortunately she didn't. It was a very hot summer afternoon and I was glued to the TV watching the State Visit of Obama has the presidential limo entered the Malacanang. I was taking pictures of the TV on my iPad and also tweeting at the same time when the unexpected happened. Obama had been shot. I remember that moment all social media went wild. All my friends and most of my followers posted about it. We prayed for his safety but the bad news hit us that night that Obama had died. I was shocked. The entire nation was shocked. The world was shocked. VP Joe Biden was then sworn in as the 45th President of the United States

The next two days were awash with repeated broadcasts of the Obama assassination. On April 30th, I visited my old high school on their last-day-of-school and everyone was talking about it. Instead of festive mood, most of the talk of the day was about Obama. I visited the outgoing batch of 2014 since their graduation was the following day (May 1st) and all of them were still shaken by the news. I couldn't blame them. So was I. That night, I attended my neighbor's 15th birthday party and while we did talk about the upcoming movies for this year and other stuff while also playing GTA V on the Xbox 360, the topic would inadvertently switch to the infamous incident.

A week later, on May 9th, 2014, my family and I went to the United States to visit our relatives in Michigan. The political atmosphere was really tense. Upon arrival in Detroit Metropolitan Airport, most Asians and POCs were subject to intense questioning by the CBP officials. My family and I were the last ones in that line unfortunately so the immigration official also subjected us to a search before we were cleared and given entry to America[1]. Of course I was happy to go have entered the USA but the atmosphere was just so different. A President was assassinated a week before and now there was a new President in the White House. During dinner that night with my relatives and cousins, the Obama assassination was brought once again just like it was throughout the trip. From May 9th-28th, my relatives and I visited various states including by driving through the states of Ohio, Kentucky, Arkansas, Tennessee, Georgia, and Florida before flying to New York then back to Michigan. We returned back to the Philippines on the 28th. Life went on as usual. The vacation ended, my friend Vanessa won Miss Teen Earth Philippines for this year (I was supporting her 12 hours prior when I was still in Detroit Metropolitan Airport and then I arrived in Tokyo for the connecting flight back to Cebu when the pageant began. I would know she won when I arrived back in Cebu around 11:00 PM and I was just so tired from the trip). Then I realized summer was about to end and second year college was going to begin in less than two weeks. As I said, life went on a month after the assassination. My brother and I bought a PS4 on the 31st along with Ubisoft's new game known as Watch_Dogs. Currently, I am just making the most of my remaining days of my summer. It began as fun but mid-way the shocking event happened that would forever change my perception of the world and this decade. I can never forget seeing an American President being shot on live TV. For my generation, it served as our JFK moment. I will forever carry this on throughout my lifetime."

Author's Notes:
[1] Yes this did happen in RL. We were the last one on the foreign nationals line and we were subjected to secondary search after intense questioning by the CBP. They cleared us later after search was complete. I figured in this timeline, the CBP at all ports-of-entry would be more suspicious and aggressive towards Filipinos and Southeast Asians in general since Obama was assassinated just a week before.

Nice full detailed account on what you were doing that day. I should also note there's no anti-Filipino sentiment in this TL.

Also in RL, I was following on Obama's Asia Trip in April 2014. I remember correctly this trip was supposed to have occurred in September 2013 but was dealyed to months later because of the U.S. Government shutdown at that time plus the tensions with Russia over the possible Syrian intervention.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_presidential_trips_made_by_Barack_Obama_(2014)#April

To quote Wikipedia

April 23-25:
Tokyo, Japan
"President Obama met with Prime Minister Shinzō Abe during a private dinner at Sukiyabashi Jiro.[39] The following morning, on April 24, the President met with Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko at the Tokyo Imperial Palace, before meeting with Prime Minister Abe at the Akasaka Palace in a joint press conference to discuss the territorial disputes in the South China Sea, particularly the disputes over the Senkaku Islands, in which President Obama emphasized on his commitments to the Treaty of Mutual Cooperation and Security between the United States and Japan.[40] President Obama also met with students and viewed an ASIMO robot exhibit at the Miraikan and visited the Meiji Shrine,[41] before attending a state dinner at the Imperial Palace, hosted by Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko.[42][43]"

April 25-26:
Seoul, South Korea:
"President Obama attended a wreath-laying ceremony at the War Memorial of Korea and visited Gyeongbokgung, before meeting with President Park Geun-hye at the Blue House to discuss North Korea's nuclear threat and the U.S.-Korea Free Trade Agreement. In the wake of the sinking of the MV Sewol, President Obama also presented President Park with the American flag that flew over the White House during the day of the disaster (April 16), as well as presenting a magnolia seed to the Danwon High School, which victimized a number of the high school's students and teachers. The following day, the President met with American and Korean business leaders to discuss the trade and economic cooperation between the two countries and delivered remarks at Yongsan Garrison."

April 26-28:
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia:
"President Obama was greeted with a welcoming ceremony outside the Malaysian Houses of Parliament, where he was accompanied by Yang di-Pertuan Agong Abdul Halim and Prime Minister Najib Razak.[46] In the evening, the President was also hosted a state dinner by Yang di-Pertuan Agong Abdul Halim and Raja Permaisuri Agong Sultanah Haminah Hamidun at the Istana Negara.[47] On April 27, President Obama visited the National Mosque of Malaysia, before holding a bilateral meeting and a joint press conference with Prime Minister Najib at the Perdana Putra to discuss issues on trade, defense, and maritime security, as well as the United States' commitment to contributing to the search for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370.[48] He also delivered remarks at the Malaysian Global Innovation and Creativity Centre and participated in the Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative Town Hall meeting at the University of Malaya."

April 28-29:
Manila, Philippines
What would have been his visit and the signing of EDCA

Also in RL, I was following on Obama's Asia Trip in April 2014. I remember correctly this trip was supposed to have occurred in September 2013 but was dealyed to months later because of the U.S. Government shutdown at that time plus the tensions with Russia over the possible Syrian intervention.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_presidential_trips_made_by_Barack_Obama_(2014)#April
Wow, I could just imagine what the backlash could’ve been when this being brought to light. I could see a lot people berating the GOP as the ones who “let Obama die.”

Wow, I could just imagine what the backlash could’ve been when this being brought to light. I could see a lot people berating the GOP as the ones who “let Obama die.”
The postponed Asia trip of Obama in September 2013 was supposed to include Indonesia and Brunei. These two countries were not included in the April 2014 Asia visit.

To quote Wikipedia

April 23-25:
Tokyo, Japan
"President Obama met with Prime Minister Shinzō Abe during a private dinner at Sukiyabashi Jiro.[39] The following morning, on April 24, the President met with Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko at the Tokyo Imperial Palace, before meeting with Prime Minister Abe at the Akasaka Palace in a joint press conference to discuss the territorial disputes in the South China Sea, particularly the disputes over the Senkaku Islands, in which President Obama emphasized on his commitments to the Treaty of Mutual Cooperation and Security between the United States and Japan.[40] President Obama also met with students and viewed an ASIMO robot exhibit at the Miraikan and visited the Meiji Shrine,[41] before attending a state dinner at the Imperial Palace, hosted by Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko.[42][43]"

April 25-26:
Seoul, South Korea:
"President Obama attended a wreath-laying ceremony at the War Memorial of Korea and visited Gyeongbokgung, before meeting with President Park Geun-hye at the Blue House to discuss North Korea's nuclear threat and the U.S.-Korea Free Trade Agreement. In the wake of the sinking of the MV Sewol, President Obama also presented President Park with the American flag that flew over the White House during the day of the disaster (April 16), as well as presenting a magnolia seed to the Danwon High School, which victimized a number of the high school's students and teachers. The following day, the President met with American and Korean business leaders to discuss the trade and economic cooperation between the two countries and delivered remarks at Yongsan Garrison."

April 26-28:
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia:
"President Obama was greeted with a welcoming ceremony outside the Malaysian Houses of Parliament, where he was accompanied by Yang di-Pertuan Agong Abdul Halim and Prime Minister Najib Razak.[46] In the evening, the President was also hosted a state dinner by Yang di-Pertuan Agong Abdul Halim and Raja Permaisuri Agong Sultanah Haminah Hamidun at the Istana Negara.[47] On April 27, President Obama visited the National Mosque of Malaysia, before holding a bilateral meeting and a joint press conference with Prime Minister Najib at the Perdana Putra to discuss issues on trade, defense, and maritime security, as well as the United States' commitment to contributing to the search for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370.[48] He also delivered remarks at the Malaysian Global Innovation and Creativity Centre and participated in the Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative Town Hall meeting at the University of Malaya."

April 28-29:
Manila, Philippines
What would have been his visit and the signing of EDCA

Which suited the Secret Task Force just fine. They were practicing targets in Davao City for months.

Somewhere in Sao Paulo

After getting the itinerary from some paper pushing employee at the US Consulate General's office in downtown Sao Paulo, Ingrid drove back to her secret beach resort hotel. "Got the itinerary & now I'll tell Aliyah the next steps on the upcoming target, from what I've heard is still in the air."

Foreign Policy changes of the Biden White House:

1.) President Biden (I called him Noah Daniels 2.0) got rid of the Obama leading from behind shtick & worked the phones calling leaders from Saudi Arabia, Israel, Jordan, Egypt & Co., in pursuing an aggressive military response to Syria.

He also blocked Congress from trying to stop the upcoming air strikes & possible carpet-bombing of Damascus & critical military apparatus of the Syrian Republic Armed Forces.

2.) Biden also got tougher on the Ukraine Crisis by green-ligting military arms & weapons to the Ukrainians in their fight against Russia. He also sent 25,000 US military troops as well as coordinating with NATO military troops in upping the ante against Putin.

3.) Biden also making plans on visiting the Philippines later this year & meeting face-to-face with Philippine President Benigno SC Aquino, III.

Foreign Policy changes of the Biden White House:

1.) President Biden (I called him Noah Daniels 2.0) got rid of the Obama leading from behind shtick & worked the phones calling leaders from Saudi Arabia, Israel, Jordan, Egypt & Co., in pursuing an aggressive military response to Syria.

He also blocked Congress from trying to stop the upcoming air strikes & possible carpet-bombing of Damascus & critical military apparatus of the Syrian Republic Armed Forces.

2.) Biden also got tougher on the Ukraine Crisis by green-ligting military arms & weapons to the Ukrainians in their fight against Russia. He also sent 25,000 US military troops as well as coordinating with NATO military troops in upping the ante against Putin.

3.) Biden also making plans on visiting the Philippines later this year & meeting face-to-face with Philippine President Benigno SC Aquino, III.

I don't like sound of this. But again, I seriously doubt Russia's capability to retaliate against the Americans in Syria.

With regards to the Philippines, perhaps Biden adopts an aggressive stance like signing of permanent bases in the country. This will draw criticism from leftist Filipinos and China as well. Could also butterfly Duterte winning in 2016.

BREAKING NEWS: PRESIDENT BIDEN SIGNS EXECUTIVE ORDERS TO PLACE US MILITARY TROOPS STATIONED IN PERMANEMT BASES IN THE PHILIPPINES FOR THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE

In news that didn't surprise anybody, President Biden issued executive orders instructing the US Defense Department to have permanent US military bases in the Philippines for the foreseeable future. US SECDEF Chuck Hagel explained the moves are needed in being aggressive in the Pacific & plans are underway between the US Armed Forces & Armed Forces of the Philippines to conducting large scale military exercises including similar exercises with neighboring countries in the Pacific.

United States Senators Joe Manchin (D-WV), Lindsey Graham (R-SC), Marco Rubio (R-FL) & John McCain (R-AZ) applauded the move by the Biden White House, sensing the United States will be aggressive in the Pacific particularly the South China Sea in pushing back PRC hijacking the territories of several countries in the region.

Last edited:
C-SPAN Polling Survey (May 10th-May 28th, 2014)

Do you approve or disapprove the job President Biden is doing ?

Approve: 61%
Disapproval: 13%%
Not Sure: 16%

Status
Not open for further replies.