Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

Interesting but it misses Russia. Russia would definitely fall under the category of "other countries that have suggested joining NATO" like Azerbaijan or Colombia. Technically it should also include the Soviet Union as Gorbachev once suggested it.

The problem is, that would invalidate the whole purpose of NATO. And the realistic probability that the Russian people would accept Russia joining NATO hangs somewhere between zero and none.

@Christory well, that presume that NATO is primarily anti-soviet/anti-russian organisation. You surely can´t say this isn´t true, however, we are on althistory forum. Why NATO couldn´t became organization dedicated not to "western" but to "northern" interests? USA, Russia and Europe against China or islamic world or something like that?

The problem is, that would invalidate the whole purpose of NATO. And the realistic probability that the Russian people would accept Russia joining NATO hangs somewhere between zero and none.

Okay. If you say so. Still seems quite odd (and very incomplete/inaccurate) to include India (whose people would similarly have a probability of accepting Indian NATO membership between zero and none), but exclude Russia whose President once suggested it to Bill Clinton and Bill Clinton's reply was "Why not?"

Heck, even Tom Clancy had a novel featuring this around the time the idea was being floated.

So according to Wikipedia, the French proposed a partition of Morocco to the Spanish in 1902. The plan would supposedly give Spain the territories north of the Sebou River and South of the Sous River. Here's what it would (roughly) end up looking like
Alternate Morocco Plan.png

@Christory well, that presume that NATO is primarily anti-soviet/anti-russian organisation. You surely can´t say this isn´t true, however, we are on althistory forum. Why NATO couldn´t became organization dedicated not to "western" but to "northern" interests? USA, Russia and Europe against China or islamic world or something like that?

Okay, that's a good point.

Okay. If you say so. Still seems quite odd (and very incomplete/inaccurate) to include India (whose people would similarly have a probability of accepting Indian NATO membership between zero and none)

I don't personally think India would have a 0% chance since they're more of a geopolitical "swing state", plus they've been suggested as an addition to NATO not once but twice.

Did someone order three tubs of raw nightmare fuel? No? Well here you go anyway.

If anyone wants it with the rest of the world removed so it's easier to see what's included, here y'go.

NATDONT.png

And also, here's what Putin's Eurasian Union looks like with the rest of the world removed too.

Vlad_P.png

Last edited:
I don't personally think India would have a 0% chance since they're more of a geopolitical "swing state", plus they've been suggested as an addition to NATO not once but twice.
I think its addition is made unlikely because India's biggest ongoing flash point is between itself and Pakistan, and that's a fight that NATO doesn't have a dog in, and could get messy. And while Pakistan may not be a good ally, it's still an ally, and letting India into NATO would just push them into the arms of Russia, China, and/or Iran.

Next, by combining elements of the maps on pages 5, 98, 99, 101 and this one I might throw together a realistic "Eastern Bloc wins CWII/WWIII in the present day" map, similar to how we combined various ideas to create a single well-researched Axis victory map earlier on in the thread. Alternatively, by combining aspects of the maps on pages 62 and 103 I might try to assemble a realistic "Western Bloc wins CWII/WWIII in the present day" map.

Remember this? Well, I'm getting pretty close to bringing it all together. In the meantime, here's one last map before then, although it's more of a prediction than a suggestion.

Silent_Invasion_and_COTP.png

In the 2018 book Silent Invasion, and the 2019 spinoff Claws of the Panda, it is claimed that one of China's long-term geopolitical goals is to turn Australia (and in the spinoff, Canada) into a Chinese puppet state. I personally don't believe this is what they're trying to do, but hey, it'll help to fill things in.

In the 2018 book Silent Invasion, and the 2019 spinoff Claws of the Panda, it is claimed that one of China's long-term geopolitical goals is to turn Australia (and in the spinoff, Canada) into a Chinese puppet state. I personally don't believe this is what they're trying to do, but hey, it'll help to fill things in.

That certainly doesn't sound Sinophobic at all

NATO has no purpose now. Purpose–at least those which can be spoken of–doesn't exist. When the USSR fell, Russia was considered for NATO membership. Logic, reason, comprehension, and any public sense of existence for the sake of anything other than propaganda do not come into the equation when discussing either the continued existence or the expansion of NATO.

Remember this? Well, I'm getting pretty close to bringing it all together. In the meantime, here's one last map before then, although it's more of a prediction than a suggestion.

Have to say though that "Claws of the Panda" doesn't actually sound threatening at all. Rather like "Jaws of the Puppy".

Have to say though that "Claws of the Panda" doesn't actually sound threatening at all. Rather like "Jaws of the Puppy".

Close-up, giant pandas are as dangerous as any other species of bear. The ones you see on those cutesy videos in Chinese zoos/reserves have human contact from birth and so are a lot more trusting of human interaction (even then it's rare to see close-up human interaction with full adult pandas in those videos - the closest I've seen had the staff distract the panda with food so someone else could grab its baby for a health check).

Close-up, giant pandas are as dangerous as any other species of bear. The ones you see on those cutesy videos in Chinese zoos/reserves have human contact from birth and so are a lot more trusting of human interaction (even then it's rare to see close-up human interaction with full adult pandas in those videos - the closest I've seen had the staff distract the panda with food so someone else could grab its baby for a health check).

I wouldn't doubt it, giant pandas though always give the appearance of being gentle even if they aren't. I was mildly surprised the author didn't use "dragon" instead since those usually appear far less gentle in Western understanding (even if dragons aren't necessarily sinister in Chinese culture)

In the meantime, here's one last map before then

So, that was a lie. Here's the actual last map before then (at least the last map I'm making for this thread before then):

2017_-_Copy_2_-_Copy.png

So, you may have a lot of questions already. So do I.

Let's start with the smaller two of the three countries shown. Modern Malaysian irredentism appears to consist solely of the Indonesian half of Borneo, which has a small movement to break of the latter and join the former. Then there's the Idea of a unified "Greater Indonesia" containing Indonesia, Malaysia (not shown), Singapore, Brunei and East Timor.

Now, as for all the blueness that's been splattered over the map, this is a compilation of American expansionist ideas limited to those from within this decade. So, no concepts that haven't been mentioned before 2010. I'm also not including Haiti because that was just a comment, nor am I including the UK or Ukraine because Europe's had a bad time in enough of my maps already. As for the others, well in addition to some of the modern ideas on Wikipedia's 51st state page I've also added the following:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...iberate-hong-kong-communist-chinas-occupation

https://www.reviewjournal.com/opinion/letters/lets-make-mexico-the-51st-state/

https://www.guyanausa.org/

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...ea-of-cuba-becoming-51st-state-300375531.html

https://www.newsweek.com/china-taiwan-two-systems-hong-kong-usa-democracy-1315516

https://www.rappler.com/newsbreak/iq/56124-timeline-ph-us-state-annexation

http://springtimeofnations.blogspot.com/2012/01/will-siberia-become-51st-stateor-maybe.html

So now the question becomes, which idea is crazier? Turning Hong Kong into an American colony, inhaling all of Mexico as a single state, or conquering two thirds of Russia?

Napoleon_Down_Under.png

In the early 1800's, Napoleon sent Nicholas Baudin and several other French scientists on an expedition to Australia on what was ostensibly a zoological and botanical voyage. However, many of them also took note on Port Jackson (what would eventually become Sydney) and its impressive infrastructure. They also liked the settlement's strategic location, but were pretty pissed that the English would claim all of this land for themselves without so much as asking the rest of Europe. A long document was sent to Napoleon saying that Port Jackson should either be destroyed or conquered by France. It also suggested that both the aborigines and even the Irish settlers may side with France in pushing the English out. Any chances of this happening were crushed along with Napoleon's navy at the Battle of Trafalgar in 1805.

Next, by combining elements of the maps on pages 5, 98, 99, 101 and this one I might throw together a realistic "Eastern Bloc wins CWII/WWIII in the present day" map, similar to how we combined various ideas to create a single well-researched Axis victory map earlier on in the thread. Alternatively, by combining aspects of the maps on pages 62 and 103 I might try to assemble a realistic "Western Bloc wins CWII/WWIII in the present day" map.

Finally, finally I can properly begin work on this. For reference, here's every map I'll be using (scaled down here so they don't fill the screen):

Chris_Modern_WWIII_Project_-_Copy.png

[1] Mega-NATO shown on page 109
[2] OTL 2017 map featuring puppet states and alliances, from page 14 of the THICC thread
[3] Expanded Eurasian Union shown on page 109, now with more detail in Russia
[4] American, Malaysian and Indonesian irredentism in the 2010s, shown on page 109
[5] Middle Eastern partition map shown on page 62
[6] Duglin's super-Russia shown on page 98
[7] Ukrainian plan to destroy Russia, shown on page 107
[8] Various irredentist ideas, shown on page 107
[9] Igor Panarin's theory on partitioning the US, shown on page 5 (I'll be relying more on what he said than on what the map shows)
[10] Selected governments-in-exile, shown on page 108
[11] Vladimir Zhirinovsky's ideas, shown on page 101
[12] My initial interpretation of Zhirinovsky's ideas, shown on page 99
[13] More irredentist stuff, shown on page 108
[14] Alleged Chinese goals in the Anglosphere, shown on page 109
[15] One last map I threw together showing territorial claims of Cuba, Pakistan and China on Guantanamo, India and Bhutan

Also, before I begin to assemble this all together I must point out that I'm taking an extremely wide range of ideas and plans from a timespan of about 20 years, so it's all quite speculative what a final result could look like. With that in mind, does this still remain close enough to reality to put here or should it just go on the map thread?

Btw, if anyone wants to see the full-size compilation:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...12115153174528/Chris_Modern_WWIII_Project.png

Anyone has that propaganda map of Germany WWI goals that has it owning land from half of South America to all of China? I remember seeing it here, but searching through 110 pages can be rather taxing.