Die Alte Welt Hat Überlebt- A Central Powers Victory Collaborative Timeline

How many civil wars should Russia have?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about a large revanchist/ultra-nationalist/*fascist movement against a communist, French Republican Calendar-using government kept alive by Germany?
If you don't mind me asking, why would the FRC be used after being obsolete for one and a half centuries? I have seen you use it in other TLs as well, just wondering about what you find fascinating about it.

India’s timeline (1915-1919)

Deleted member 107125

• 1915-1916- The Niedermayer-Hentig expedition succeeds in convincing the Afghans to join the cause of the Central Powers
  • 1915- Indian forces in Singapore mutiny against their British overlords
  • 1916- Afghan forces, commanded by Nadir Khan, besiege Peshawar
  • 1916- The first meeting of the Justice Party is held in Madras, with the objective of strengthening the lower castes
  • 1917- 60 years after the Sepoy mutiny, inspired by the revolutions in France and Russia, the Indian soldiers mutiny against their British overlords
  • 1917- The Champaran Satyagraha succeeds in bringing a (less violent) version of the revolution to the east
  • 1917- The first interpartisanal meeting between representatives of the Ghadar Party, the Muslim League, the Moderates in the Congress, and the Radicals in the Congress
  • 1919 - After King George V is assassinated, the UK sues for peace, and the treaty of Strasbourg is held
  • 1919- The Delhi Conference ensures that
    • Princely states will gain some degree of autonomy
    • The United and Central Provinces, the Punjab Province, and the Bombay and Bengal presidencies unite, forming the People’s Union of India
    • Madras declares independence, as do the Nagas, led by the Messiah-King Haipou Jadonang, and Assam.
    • Germany gains access to Indian ports

If you don't mind me asking, why would the FRC be used after being obsolete for one and a half centuries? I have seen you use it in other TLs as well, just wondering about what you find fascinating about it.

Firstly, the Paris Commune did use the FRC in 1871 (look up "Germinal" on English Wikipedia), so there is an association with the French far-left in OTL. It is not just some obsolete calendar from the days of yore, with a revolution in 1917-19, the last (small-scale) use of this calendar would have been less than 50 years ago.
Secondly, I just love the new system. As a child (that was when I was 12 or so) I even thought of "implementing" this in my home. I planned to buy an "empty" calendar (with no month names filled in) and filling them in with Vendémiaire, Brumaire, etc. Also, for years, I dated my school tests with the date in the French Republican Calendar instead of the Gregorian one.
And to boot, I do find the system of day names beautiful, simply beautiful. As I am not Catholic, I know little about the Saints' days, but on my tablet and cell phone, I have a widget/app which always shows me the date in the French Revolutionary Calendar. And I also see that it could lead to environmental and/or health awareness if coupled with appropriate campaigns - for example, today is the Day of Fennel. Yesterday was the Day of the Watermelon.

Firstly, the Paris Commune did use the FRC in 1871 (look up "Germinal" on English Wikipedia), so there is an association with the French far-left in OTL. It is not just some obsolete calendar from the days of yore, with a revolution in 1917-19, the last (small-scale) use of this calendar would have been less than 50 years ago.
Secondly, I just love the new system. As a child (that was when I was 12 or so) I even thought of "implementing" this in my home. I planned to buy an "empty" calendar (with no month names filled in) and filling them in with Vendémiaire, Brumaire, etc. Also, for years, I dated my school tests with the date in the French Republican Calendar instead of the Gregorian one.
And to boot, I do find the system of day names beautiful, simply beautiful. As I am not Catholic, I know little about the Saints' days, but on my tablet and cell phone, I have a widget/app which always shows me the date in the French Revolutionary Calendar. And I also see that it could lead to environmental and/or health awareness if coupled with appropriate campaigns - for example, today is the Day of Fennel. Yesterday was the Day of the Watermelon.
That is interesting! Maybe we should use it for France then

The poll on Britain is in a three way tie- I had an idea, what about Britain going through a period of reform but remaining pro-activist in the 1950-80's similar to China olt

The poll on Britain is in a three way tie- I had an idea, what about Britain going through a period of reform but remaining pro-activist in the 1950-80's similar to China olt
That makes sense.

I think that I might have asked this before, but someone brought up the idea of the Activists being Anti-Celt. So I was wondering, if maybe during/after ww2, Scotland became independent, or at least tried to?

I think that I might have asked this before, but someone brought up the idea of the Activists being Anti-Celt. So I was wondering, if maybe during/after ww2, Scotland became independent, or at least tried to?

I think that would be possible: After World War II and the death of the first Romanist/Proactive dictator (John Edward Leese?), Scotland (and/or Wales) rise up and go independent with German-Irish-(Scandinavian?) support. And then, some time later, Proactive Britain reforms, but remains at least to some extent Romanist.

That was @Hindustani Person 's idea. I am not sure that I like it.

I do, at least I don't see any big problems with the idea.

EDIT: What would be interesting, too: A Communist rebellion/general strike breaking out after Leese's death and Scotland together with North England (Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle, Sunderland etc.) forming a Communist North England - which would likely be more, not less, democratic than South England.

I think that would be possible: After World War II and the death of the first Romanist/Proactive dictator (John Edward Leese?), Scotland (and/or Wales) rise up and go independent with German-Irish-(Scandinavian?) support. And then, some time later, Proactive Britain reforms, but remains at least to some extent Romanist.

EDIT: What would be interesting, too: A Communist rebellion/general strike breaking out after Leese's death and Scotland together with North England (Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle, Sunderland etc.) forming a Communist North England - which would likely be more, not less, democratic than South England.

Would Scotland remain in the North English State? I can see them assisting the revolution, then leaving them to fend for themselves once their independence is secured.
I do find the "North-South England" an interesting idea, though

I was thinking that Britain would attack Communist France in ww2, due to desire for revenge.

I am not sure why Britain would go anti celt, it already has a scape goat in the trade unions etc.

Last edited:
Here are the results of the polls:

Tanzania Poll.png

West and East Australia:

West and East Australia poll.png

British Romanism:

British Romanism poll.png

And now several questions:
- What shall I conduct the next poll(s) on, if any?
- Do you like the poll system in general?
- How long shall I run polls for (I ended those now, after two days)?
- What regime types would you like for West and/or East Australia (as it seems you are okay with the borders)?

Here are the results of the polls:

View attachment 484096
West and East Australia:

View attachment 484097
British Romanism:

View attachment 484098

And now several questions:
- What shall I conduct the next poll(s) on, if any?
- Do you like the poll system in general?
- How long shall I run polls for (I ended those now, after two days)?
- What regime types would you like for West and/or East Australia (as it seems you are okay with the borders)?
- I like the poll system
- 2-3 days seems like a decent amount of time.
-what about a Activist-Romanist West Australia, and a left leaning Australian Republic in the east?
-a poll on whether there should be two Israels, and perhaps a poll on whether Ireland remains a monarchy to the present day?

-a poll on whether there should be two Israels, and perhaps a poll on whether Ireland remains a monarchy to the present day?

Do you have any suggestions/objections there? For example for poll options?

-what about a Activist-Romanist West Australia, and a left leaning Australian Republic in the east?

That is a good idea. Any other ideas around here? Activist/Romanist West Australia would also be compatible with the British Chagos Islands and Romanist Free France on Madagascar...

German politics
Work in Progress!

German Empire
Deutsches Reich (German)
Tyske Rige (Danish)
Royaume Allemande (French)
Rzesza Niemicka (Polish)

Information, List of Heads of State and Government, History

Flag:
1000px-Flag_of_the_German_Empire.svg.png

List of Heads of State:

1888-1935: Wilhelm II. (resigned)
1935-1964: Wilhelm III.
1964-1979: Louis Ferdinand I.
1979-...: Michael I.

List of Heads of Government

Deutsches Kaiserreich

1. 1909-1918: Theobald von Bethmann-Hollweg (+)
2. 1918-1927: Paul von Hindenburg (+)
3. 1927-1935: Gustav Ritter von Kahr (DKP-DRP-Antisemiten coalition)
1917-1921 de facto: Erich Ludendorff (OHL - Oberste Heeresleitung)

Deutsches Reich (after the Zweite Verfassunggebende Versammlung - second constitutional convention):

4. 1935-1950: Fritz Husemann (SPD-VDP coalition)
5. 1950-1956: Anton Kampschulte (Z-LVP-CSV coalition) (+)
6. 1956-1960: Eduard Dingeldey (Z-LVP-CSV coalition)

7. 1960-1969: Hermann Lange (Z-CSV-NSB coalition)
8. 1969-1974: Adolf Hauswald (SPD-VDP-PFS coalition)
9. 1974-1984: Adolf Hauswald (SPD-VDP-SAPD-NSB coalition)
10. 1984-1999: Raoul Mangold (NLP-Z-CSV coalition)

11. 1999-2004: Heiner Hammerschmidt (Z-NLP-CSV-NSB coalition)
12. 2004-2012: Elmar Strittmatter (SAPD-SPD-NSB coalition)
13. 2012-2017: Katrin Esser (NLP-VDP-Dänen-Polen-Memelbund coalition)
14. 2017-2020: Ireneusz Strzelecki (NSB-Z-UMS coalition)
15. 2020-...: Shinichi Uemura (SPD-VDP-Polen-Sorbischer Bund coalition)

Last edited:
Do you have any suggestions/objections there? For example for poll options?
For Ireland:
1. Ireland remains a Constitutional monarchy to 2019.
2. Ireland remains a Constitutional monarchy, but gives Ulster independence
3. Ireland becomes a Republic, and remains United
4. Ireland becomes a Republic, but loses Ulster
5. Ireland has another civil war.
6. Other (specify in thread)

For Israel:
1. There is a fascist Israel in the Levant, and a democratic one in Uganda (@Red Arturoist's solution)
2. There is one Israel, but it is Fascist.
3. There are two Israels, but both are there in the Levant.
4. Israel starts out fascist, but then reforms.
5. Israel has been a Republic all along.
6. Other (specify in thread)

Work in Progress!

German Empire
Deutsches Reich (German)
Tyske Rige (Danish)
Royaume Allemande (French)
Rzesza Niemicka (Polish)

Information, List of Heads of State and Government, History

Flag:
Flag_of_the_German_Empire.svg

List of Heads of Government

Deutsches Kaiserreich

1909-1918: Theobald von Bethmann-Hollweg (+)
1918-1935: Gustav Ritter von Kahr (Deutsch-Konservative Partei - German Conservative Party)
1917-1921 de facto: Erich Ludendorff (OHL - Oberste Heeresleitung)

Deutsches Reich:

1935-1950: Siegfried Aufhäuser (SPD-SAPD-FVP coalition)
1950-1955:
Looks great!

Mainly because the Romans wanted to take Britain for themselves, and Romanism harks back to the Roman Empire.

I thought so, too. At least with aerial bombardments.
But it makes sense that Britain would prefer to resect their own empire, were as the romanists countries have more of a Roman heritage.

Status
Not open for further replies.