Alternate Weapons of War thread...

Cool.

FG-92.
~FG-92.jpg

It looks awesome there.

The Rifle that I made was more or less for a Velociraptor with more flexible forearms and poseable thumbs.
Thanks man. :)

A rifle for a velociraptor? Interesting. Reminds me of an idea I had a while back of doing a rifle for "The Race" from Turtledove's "World War" series but then I forgot about it. We should both do a "Race" rifle.
I was thinking of a bullpup type rifle but I might try something more exotic like maybe a helical-feed rifle.

Lets see what we can come up with. :cool:

SpaceBB.png

The United Nation Defence Forces needed not only spaceships but battle-capable spaceships. It was forced to use old decomissioned ships, modify them to be space-worthy and throw them into space with special rockets. If smaller ships like destroyer or frigates were already a challenge, the UNDF needed much bigger guns and started its most ambitious project so far: the Defender class battleship.

A complete PITA to bring in space, the Defender is however a titanic steel beast, capable of holding the line.
Its 4 turrets with twin massive 12 inch guns, firing 850 pound heavy shells with modern charge that throw them over 3000 ft./s. is delivering a barrage of fire and steel that, if connecting with its target, can be debilitating for any type of spaceships. But if its main firepower come from its venerable gun turrets, it also possess more modern weapons to help diversify the Defender's offensive options. A heavily modified Sea Slugs missile system capable of carrying a nuclear warhead was installed and two Seawolf sextuple launcher used both as anti-ship and anti-missile platform. Latter versions added 4 twin mounted 40 mm round turrets under the belly as often attackers started to hit from ''under'', realizing the weak spot from its archaic design, these are manned by gunner assisted by AI.
Fitted with much more modern firing systems and radars, capable of tracking in a 3d environment and cutting edge electronics for its new rocket propulsion, the Defender is not however without flaws. Hastily brought into service because of necessity, its superstructure have barely been modified and kept many flaws from its archaic oceanic form. Either from the very exposed stations or the limited room for additional weaponry, it meant that the ship was less then perfect and even less space-worthy then other modified ships. Its new rocket engines were limited in size and power due to lack of internal space and the need to have them protected, meaning that the Defender was much more slower then other ships relative to its size and tonnage.
But despite this, the Defender was able to stand its own and change the course of space warfare thanks to its competent captains who quickly understood that the behemoth's place was in a support position, as a slow, heavily armored, weapon platform capable of covering the more nimbles ships while dishing and enduring most of the damages.

(OOC: This is a project started with my space-destroyer , a reimagined Space Battleship Yamato setting with slightly more realistic design. But, of course, its made for fun and yes, I know that it's near improbable/impossible.)

Last edited:
What are belly defenses?
I think he meant the hull under the superstructure

These designs look really cool, but I was always bothered by the lack of belly defences...

I know, I was bother by that at first but when you look at the internal space of a battle ship, you realize that with the fuel/machinery (replaced ITTL by the oxidizer and fuel tanks), the shell storage, the (ITTL) life support system and the crew quarter eat most of the ''bottom'' room. You cant really fit any substential weapons down there.

EDIT: I guess that it could pitch or roll if any threat came from ''under''

I think he meant the hull under the superstructure

I know, I was bother by that at first but when you look at the internal space of a battle ship, you realize that with the fuel/machinery (replaced ITTL by the oxidizer and fuel tanks), the shell storage, the (ITTL) life support system and the crew quarter eat most of the ''bottom'' room. You cant really fit any substential weapons down there.

Main guns, no. But one could plop in, at least, some light anti-fighter/torpedo boat mounts, like WWII bomber turrets (or the Milenium Falcon models!). The crews could reach/maintain them using tunnels. Otherwise nothing stops fighter bombers in gun/torpedo runs. Heck, even a guy in an EVA suit can "swim under" the ship and just put in some magnetic mines...

Main guns, no. But one could plop in, at least, some light anti-fighter/torpedo boat mounts, like WWII bomber turrets (or the Milenium Falcon models!). The crews could reach/maintain them using tunnels. Otherwise nothing stops fighter bombers in gun/torpedo runs. Heck, even a guy in an EVA suit can "swim under" the ship and just put in some magnetic mines...
I added 4 twin gun turret beneath it

SpaceBBwAA.png

Last edited:
Pawn-class Frigate.png

Here is my first (poor) attempt to draw a vehicle in an electronic medium. As in I first drew this ship physically. I kind of tried to make it scaled here but don't think it really worked. It is supposed to be a soft sci-fi spaceship.
I tried to use the colours to show what is closer or farther from the viewer (darker means farther away).
As for technical details this is the Pawn-class Frigate which is circa 100 meters long and has a crew of around 50 people with 10 Marines also on-board. Its main armament are 10 torpedo tubes (5 seen), the ship carries 120 torpedoes. Another main weapon is the 10m long 50cm in diameter triple coilgun turret (which is technically a cruiser armament). There are also 10 dorsal and 8 ventral point defence laser turrets (only half seen). Oh and also its supposed to have wings (thats what that lighter coloured thing in the middle is supposed to be). P-247 happens to be the name of this particular ship.

Last edited:
View attachment 483587
Here is my first (poor) attempt to draw a vehicle in an electronic medium. As in I first drew this ship physically. I kind of tried to make it scaled here but don't think it really worked. It is supposed to be a soft sci-fi spaceship.
I tried to use the colours to show what is closer or farther from the viewer (darker means farther away).
As for technical details this is the Pawn-class Frigate which is circa 100 meters long and has a crew of around 50 people with 10 Marines also on-board. Its main armament are 10 torpedo tubes (5 seen), the ship carries 120 torpedoes. Another main weapon is the 10m long 50cm in diameter triple coilgun turret (which is technically a cruiser armament). There are also 10 dorsal and 8 ventral point defence laser turrets (only half seen). Oh and also its supposed to have wings (thats what that lighter coloured thing in the middle is supposed to be). P-247 happens to be the name of this particular ship.
Kinda like a blocky Klingon Bird of Prey, but with more weapons? Nice :)

Can you also do a plan (Top) and front view?

Knight-class Destroyer (side).png

Knight-class Destroyer (top).png

Side and Top views of a Knight-Class Destroyer, from the same fleet as the Pawn-class Frigate. It is 250m long and crewed by 200 people, has 40 Marines with 2 AFVs (either Dingo APC or Coyote IFV). Its main weapon is a 100m long and 1m in diameter spinal railgun. There are 9 5m long 30cm in diameter double coilgun turrets. there are 10 laser point defense turrets and 6 torpedo tubes. 60 torpedoes are stored on-board. There are 8 orbital drop-pods (carry 5 marines in power armour) and 2 vehicle drop-pods (each able to carry one AFV, with the APC comfortably carrying 20 men or 10 marines in armour). A hangar carrying a squadron of strike-craft has been removed from the original drawing. Lancelot is the name of this particular ship. Also the Pawn had the number of torpedo tubes raised from 6 to 10 when compared to the original drawing.

Edit: just realised that I drew drop-pods than there was supposed to be. Please imagine seeing one less drop-pod in the image.
New Edit: actually don't do that, just got to change the writing. And just changed it.

Last edited: