The Footprint of Mussolini - TL

Can we have a map of China?

Around the latitude for Shanghai across the front, with Xinjiang in rebellion.

However, the UN know that they can easily advance now with the Chinese lines so frayed and broken. That sure as heck won't be the final border - it's going to be north of the current frontline for sure.

I think a sticking point with China will be whether to press for the max RoC and let Xinjiang go, or accept less for Chiang to get a new allied state.

The Tibetans i think would support the UN recognizing the rebels to better secure them against possible Communist aggression in the future.

Keep in mind, while the Un forces have won it has been insanely costly on the heels of WWII in men and material. And the West doesn't know how badly off the USSR is. For America there is also now the civil rights conflict gearing up, and the European colonial powers have their won issues to mind.

So the PRC will survive, ad with Moscow in shambles they won't get quite as bad a deal was they would otherwise. For the USSR and PRC their future will hinge on ow well their post war leadership is able to recover from the half generation of war.

The West is not going to be eager to 'liberate' the PRC or Central Europe after a decade or more of war. So expect the both Chinas to lob shells at each other but to focus on reconstruction. The next big show will be the Middle East and the various colonial wars in Africa and Asia. With the PRC heavily damaged and a stronger India and Republican China we may see different Asian Tigers in the 60's and 70's. Regarding the US, while the crippling of the KKK and the more overt racists in the Freedom Party and south we still will see a different 'Southern Strategy'.

Also Sorairo, I do not speak for everyone but we all understand the demands of real life. Take care of your health and relationships first.

Just had a thought pop into my head:

With the U.S. under Patton cracking down hard and fast on the Klan, Jim Crow, etc etc while also openly siding with the Colonial Empires that should make for some "interesting" future relations between African-Americans and Africans living in the independent parts of Africa.

Just had a thought pop into my head:

With the U.S. under Patton cracking down hard and fast on the Klan, Jim Crow, etc etc while also openly siding with the Colonial Empires that should make for some "interesting" future relations between African-Americans and Africans living in the independent parts of Africa.

Most intresting affect this will be on Aparheidist South Africa. USA might be even more relucant support their system. And for Rhodesia that is too intresting affect. Ian Smith's premiership might be butterflied away. This probably means better relationships between Blacks and Whites and Whites are not explelled from Rhodesia/Zimbabwe. Hoperuflly we don't too see Mugabe's presidency or he is at least lesser corrupt.

I think that depends on just when the Apartheid becomes common knowledge to the rest of the western world. If by that time the USA is tired and has a more inward-focused president busy with a second reconstruction, any potential pressure to behave like civilized people will come from the British Commonwealth itself. While the UK might be slightly better off than OTL and much closer to Canada and Australia due to the USA being seen as unreliable due to how much a change in presidents can alter their foreign policy, I am not so sure the British have the kind of resources and will to impose themselves on South Africa.

It might be interesting if they did though, particularly if the RA is caught between wanting South Africa to join their team and not wanting to ruin their relationship with the democratic powers of Europe while the soviets are still a thing.

“I’ve fought Nazis, and I’ve fought Communists. Now it’s time to fight the elephant in the room. The monster lurking right in America. The monster of racial hatred and oppression. I’m ashamed of how little I’ve done about it before … and as part of my apology to Jackie Robinson, to his family, for not doing as much as I could … I make this solemn oath, and I apologise to the Preacher if it’s not suitably Christ-like enough: By the time I leave office, the only place you’ll see people with a burning cross and white hood is in Hell.”
What America needs at the moment.

Deleted member 109224

What America needs at the moment.

new-years-resolution-for-2016-idk-maybe-lose-10-pounds-10175777.png

Honestly, I'm interested in South Africa. A lot of the South African National Party and Apartheid Leaders were big fans of the Nazis taking note of their policies and applying elements of it towards the Africans with Apartheid.

Last edited:
Honestly, I'm interested in South Africa. A lot of the South African National Party and Apartheid Leaders were big fans of the Nazis taking note of their policies and applying elements of it towards the Africans with Apartheid.

Considering that the Nazis took notes from Jim Crow this is sort of an ironic full circle sort of thing.

Considering the current mood of nations worldwide, I do feel many countries will cut off South Africa once the National Party is elected to power and enforces Apartheid.