Status
Not open for further replies.
No God, No Gun
No God, No Gun

Bremen, March 6, 1901

It was a normal day like any other. The streets were lively with people as they went about their daily routine; the shops were open with the things they sell and horse-drawn carriages mill about everywhere. One of those carriages was a very special one, a very royal carriage. As it moved through a street, Kaiser Wilhelm II sat inside reading a newspaper about the current events of both home and abroad.

On the other side of the street, stood a young man. He had been standing there for god knows how long. Waiting for someone. Inside his coat, rests his old, rusty-ass revolver. The young man had been radicalized a few years back to the sweet, juicy music of Anarchism.

As the carriage approached, the young man made his move. He hurriedly walked towards the side of the carriage and pulled out his gun. The fancy-mustached Emperor looks up from the paper only to be sent hurtling back towards his seat as shots rang out and his vision instantly blackened.

As the young man was tackled to the ground, an unassuming policeman looked into the carriage only to be greeted by his worst nightmare. In front of his eyes, he sees a man laid back against the seat, drooling blood from his mouth whilst bleeding from bullet holes across his torso. His eyes and mouth were wide but he was unresponsive.

The Kaiser was dead.

wilhelm-ii-medium.jpg

Wilhelm II, Emperor of Germany (1888-1901)
(1859-1901)

Last edited:
Welcome to my newest TL where I try to make Germany have it's place in the sun that would last a long time. The POD is obvious: Kaiser Bill gets gunned down like Franz Ferdinand.

During the course of this TL, I'll be trying to add some wacky words/phrases into the story to make it more, humorous. :rolleyes:

Bremen, March 6, 1901

It was a normal day like any other. The streets were lively with people as they went about their daily routine; the shops were open with the things they sell and horse-drawn carriages mill about everywhere. One of those carriages was a very special one, a very royal carriage. As it moved through a street, Kaiser Wilhelm II sat inside reading a newspaper about the current events of both home and abroad.

On the other side of the street, stood a young man. He had been standing there for god knows how long. Waiting for someone. Inside his coat, rests his revolver. The young man had been radicalized a few years back to the sweet music of Anarchism.

As the carriage approached, the young man made his move. He hurriedly walked towards the side of the carriage and pulled out his gun. The Fancy-mustached Emperor looks up from the paper only to be sent hurtling back towards his seat as shots rang out and his vision instantly blackened.

As the young man was tackled to the ground, an unassuming policeman looked into the carriage only to be greeted by his worst nightmare. The Kaiser was dead.
That alone will not avoid WW1 or british entering, Bill 2 was anyone else, the things are already moving over as OTL.

What can change is that Germany does not attack Belgium but the war will happen with the Russians, French or Austrians being the first to start with disputes or internal problems.

I once read of some celebrated author (Elie Wiesel?) seeing an exhibit about German crimes, and saying softly, "It could have been their century."

I'm not sure your PoD is sufficient. Crown Prince Wilhelm was a militarist and expansionist like his father. Though he would be only 20, his father's example of sacking Bismarck when he was only 31 would inspire him and he would throw his weight around.

Perhaps he will develop differently over the next few years without his father's influence.

Last edited:
I once read of some celebrated author (Elie Wiesel?) seeing an exhibit about German crimes, and saying softly, "It could have been their century."

I'm not sure your PoD is sufficient. Crown Prince Wilhelm was a militarist and expansionist like his father. Though he would be only 20, his father's example of sacking Bismarck when he was only 31 would inspire him and he would throw his weight around.

Perhaps he will develop differently over the next few years without his father's influence.
Wilhelm III was a professional soldier, unlike Willy II in a way, still he would do like OTL. Just follow public opinion, the navy was a popular idea, tripitz idea were passed easily the parliament, he would enjoy more the social life of the crown that the rulling if we know his otl personality

Dragged Into Reality
Dragged into Reality

As news spread of the assassination, all of Germany, including the world, dropped its collective jaw. Many Germans couldn't fathom the idea of their monarch becoming a victim of someone's political ideology. The nation went into deep mourning as everyone laid wreaths of flowers outside the imperial palaces.

In the international scene, all the kings, prime ministers, and presidents of the world sent telegrams of condolences that were delivered by their respective ambassadors. All the royals who were related to Wilhelm were devastated, especially his cousins, the Russian Tsar Nicholas II, and Britain's King Edward VII.

Meanwhile in Berlin

16769490_303.jpg

At the Royal Palace, the entire Hohenzollern family had come together to mourn the loss of their family patriarch. The late Kaiser's son, the 19-year-old Crown Prince Wilhelm, felt numb and had sunken into depression. His father is gone and now he has huge shoes to fill along with the entire country seemingly at his shoulders. He could only imagine the amount of stress he would endure having to rule a country along with 56 million subjects.

Fortunately, he had a team of advisers at his side, which included Chancellor Bernhard von Bülow, along with the guidance of his uncle, Prince Henry of Prussia, who would help Wilhelm navigate the world of war and diplomacy like Bismarck.

5 days later, Wilhelm attended his father's state funeral. Dignitaries from all across Europe, both Royals and Ministers, came to pay their respects to the man that many believed would've brought the continent into a destructive war. Among those present wasn't a European but an American, Vice President Teddy Roosevelt.

Having known what it meant to lose a loved one (in his case, 2 loved ones), Teddy got to have a chat with the young German Emperor.

TR: Good day, your Majesty. My name is Theodore Roosevelt and I'm the Vice President of America. I've come here to offer my condolences for the death of your father.
Wilhelm 3: Nice to meet you, Herr Roosevelt. It's nice of you to come here anyway.
TR: Would you be kind to let me offer you some advice? In life, there will be ups and downs for all of us. You will experience good moments and bad moments, so be ready to could take on the world and just don't be taken down by it.

- An eyewitness account of the conversation between Teddy Roosevelt and Wilhelm III.

funeral-service-for-otto-von-bismarck-in-munich-illustration-id960325634

Funeral Service for Wilhelm II in Berlin

funeral-service-of-herbert-prince-von-bismarck-1904-CPJ8AJ.jpg

Wilhelm's coffin being delivered to Hohenzollern Castle

Plon_5.jpg

Wilhelm III, Emperor of Germany
(1901-)

Last edited:

manav95

Banned
I will watch this with great interest. Perhaps the new Kaiser and TR could forge some sort of new alliance?

An alliance to keep the peace in Europe and avoid a Great War. Surely the Kaiser would do well to speak softly and carry a big stick, i.e. build a Navy comparable to the skill and might of the Royal Navy.

An alliance to keep the peace in Europe and avoid a Great War. Surely the Kaiser would do well to speak softly and carry a big stick, i.e. build a Navy comparable to the skill and might of the Royal Navy.

Germany doesn't really need a navy to match the Royal Navy; especially if it has a valuable ally like the U.S. Perhaps focus more funding into research (i.e. planes and armored development) while pushing increase the size of the army.

Anything that deviates from OTL history is a POD.
Obviously; the question is whether the effects of the PoD are sufficient to alter the broad historical pattern under discussion.

Of course, I may be premature here; I don't know how you plan to have Wilhelm III alter Germany's course, or what consequences that will have. I may have assumed that you intended a particular shape of events which is entirely different from your actual intended scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.