Should we change this title to "The Big 4 comics industry"

• Yes

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Yes but it will have to change when Image comics is formed?

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • No Fawcett comics survives is a good title

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fawcett comics
PSX_20190818_171737.jpg

First Silverage appearance of Ibis the Invincible 1965 by Jerry Siegel and Geoff Campion (cover by Joe Shuster)
Don't worry that costume doesn't last

Last edited:
thunder_evinrude.jpg

With the success of the 007 films Goldfinger and Thunderball spy mania took the world by storm. All TV stations took action to capitalize on this with shows like Secret Agent, Mission Impossible, The Saint ,Thunderbirds and Get Smart.
The comic book industry would take notice with DCs Blackhawks, Charlton comics Sarge Steel, even Harvey comics got in with Joe Simon's Spyman. But Fawcett Enterprise and Atlas Comics in found themselves in competition with Atlas putting their World War 2 war hero Sargent Nick Fury fighting the international terrorist group known as Hydra while Fawcett created a superhero team that could compete with the Justice League or Defenders titled the THUNDER Agents a team consisting of.
  • Spy-Smasher
  • No-Man
  • Avenger
  • Midnight ( a descendant to Captain Midnight)
  • Lightning (a grownup version of Pinky the Wiz-kid)
  • Menthor
Together fighting the terrorists organization known as SPYDER
PSX_20190818_192447.jpg
PSX_20190818_183642.jpg

View attachment 481458
With the success of the 007 films Goldfinger and Thunderball spy mania took the world by storm. All TV stations took action to capitalize on this with shows like Secret Agent, Mission Impossible, The Saint ,Thunderbirds and Get Smart.
The comic book industry would take notice with DCs Blackhawks, Charlton comics Sarge Steel, even Harvey comics got in with Joe Simon's Spyman. But Fawcett Enterprise and Atlas Comics in found themselves in competition with Atlas putting their World War 2 war hero Sargent Nick Fury fighting the international terrorist group known as Hydra while Fawcett created a superhero team that could compete with the Justice League or Defenders titled the THUNDER Agents a team consisting of.
  • Spy-Smasher
  • No-Man
  • Avenger
  • Midnight ( a descendant to Captain Midnight)
  • Lightning (a grownup version of Pinky the Wiz-kid)
  • Menthor
Together fighting the terrorists organization known as SPYDER
View attachment 481464 View attachment 481463

I love that cover. Hopefully, THUNDER Agents will be a much more successful title under Fawcett. Things can only look up for them in the future if it is.

I love that cover. Hopefully, THUNDER Agents will be a much more successful title under Fawcett. Things can only look up for them in the future if it is.
Considering Fawcett is more established company then Tower & are using some established characters Jim Steranko might take over for Wood than Kirby

Last edited:
Lobo-1q.jpg

In December of 1965 Dell comics released the first Comic with an African American lead in Lobo. It was sadly not successful and didn't help the deterioration of Dell comics

OTL, DC did a storyline called the Death of Ferro Lad.
In the recent Hardcover collection, it was reveled the Ferro Lad who face was always covered with a Mask was suppose to be reveled as a Black Man.
But DC chicken out.

Since Dell has broken the Race barrier in comics with a Black Lead, Does either Fawcett or DC have a Black Hero earlier?
Is there a version of the Death of Ferro Lad and are the writers and editors brave enough to stick with the idea that Ferro Lad was black?

Edited
In 1965 Bob Haney and Bruno Premiani were placed with giving DC a young superhero team to compete with Fawcett's Legion of superheroes and Atlases X-men and taking the sidekicks of their heroes Teen Titans was presented in Brave and the Bold & getting their own comic in 66 the original team consisted of Robin, Aqualad, Kid Flash, and joining the team in Teen Titans issue 1 Green Arrows sidekick Arrowite
PSX_20190818_182626.jpg

View attachment 481649
In January of 1966 Triplicate girl became Dual Damsel after Mr Minds creation Computo kills one of her forms.

Continuity is starting to have long term consequences for characters at this point in time. I can't believe we're finally in 1966. the era of Adam West's Batman, Star Boy's expulsion from the Legion, Dial H for Hero, Star Trek, Fantastic Voyage, The Good, The Bad and the Ugly, Sounds of Silence by Simon & Garfunkel, the rise of the hippie culture and maybe, the return of Golden Arrow and Devil's Dagger? One thing I'd love to see from TTL's 66, is Metamorpho not rejecting, but rather ACCEPTING The JLA's membership offer.

Last edited:
Continuity is starting to have long term consequences for characters at this point in time. I can't believe we're finally in 1966. the era of Adam West's Batman, Star or rather Magnet Boy's expulsion from the Legion, Dial H for Hero, Star Trek, Fantastic Voyage, The Good, The Bad and the Ugly, Sounds of Silence by Simon & Garfunkel, the rise of the hippie culture and maybe, the return of Golden Arrow and Devil's Dagger? One thing I'd love to see from TTL's 66, is Metamorpho not rejecting, but rather ACCEPTING The JLA's membership offer.
You're forgetting Fawcett Enterprise has a Paperback division and their Matt Helm series was just given the Green light for a feature film from Columbia pictures
silencers-poster-300x238.jpg

Also Fat-Marvel an Comando Yank are coming back

Last edited:
You're forgetting Fawcett Enterprise has a Paperback division and their Matt Helm series was just given the Green light for a feature film from Columbia pictures
View attachment 481662
Thisw is interesting, not only are Fawcett one of the only Comic Publishers who hasn't scraped every division barring their comic book department, but the success of the Silencers movie might lead to them making Matt Helm a part of the Fawcett Universe somewhere down the line.

Oh, that reminds me. Is the Lensmen series part of the Paperback division now, and if so, will they be joining the Fawcett Universe?

Thisw is interesting, not only are Fawcett one of the only Comic Publishers who hasn't scraped every division barring their comic book department, but the success of the Silencers movie might lead to them making Matt Helm a part of the Fawcett Universe somewhere down the line.

Oh, that reminds me. Is the Lensmen series part of the Paperback division now, and if so, will they be joining the Fawcett Universe?
According to Wikipedia Fantasy Press bought the rights to the Grey Lensman series in 1951 unfortunately. However you did bring up an idea with Fawcett not scraping there other media divisions it would be interesting if the other publishers started building their own publishing outlets outside of the funny books.

According to Wikipedia Fantasy Press bought the rights to the Grey Lensman series in 1951 unfortunately. However you did bring up an idea with Fawcett not scraping there other media divisions it would be interesting if the other publishers started building their own publishing outlets outside of the funny books.

Not that it'll amount to much. Atlas is mostly if not all Comics Already, DC's is a year away from being bought by Kinney National Company and they will probably separate National's Paperbacks from the Comics as much as possible. Maybe Viacom will be a bit more willing to grant Fawcett more control over their novel department.

Also, Fat-Marvel and Comando Yank are coming back.

Commando Yank and Phantom Eagle? So soon? When do you plan to bring them back? Maybe Ditko could do the art?

View attachment 481649
In January of 1966 Triplicate girl became Dual Damsel after Mr Minds creation Computo kills one of her forms.

Also, just noticed. Why has CMJ's cape been coloured out here?

Last edited:
OTL, DC did a storyline called the Death of Ferro Lad.
In the recent Hardcover collection, it was reveled the Ferro Lad who face was always covered with a Mask was suppose to be reveled as a Black Man.
But DC chicken out.

Since Dell has broken the Race barrier in comics with a Black Lead, Does either Fawcett or DC have a Black Hero earlier?
Is there a version of the Death of Ferro Lad and are the writers and editors brave enough to stick with the idea that Ferro Lad was black?
My line of thinking would be that if a teenaged Jim Shooter takes over for Bob Haney on Teen Titans, "Ferro" (where can drop "Lad" since that was a Legion convention) could still introduced as a black teenager from the south. Possibly delay his introduction to coincide with the assassination of MLK so that DC would go through with it as a tribute to the man.

On that note, I wonder what to do with Mon-El. Will he stay an obscure character, or could Superman cure his lead poisoning so that he could join the Titans instead? Without a Wonder Girl they will need a powerhouse.

Yank and Phantom Eagle? So soon? When do you plan to bring them back? Maybe Ditko could do the art?

Also, just noticed. Why has CMJ's cape been coloured out here?
  1. Comando Yank is replacing Super Green Beret ITTL
  2. Because it's not Captain Marvel jr. But Teth-2

View attachment 481662
Please tell me that they treat Halm Seriously in this timeline.
How about Lee Marvin as Matt? Less Matt as a womanizing man and heavy drinker and more of the character as he is in the books. The US Government stone cold Killer.

I Love to see the Lensmen Books turned into a Comic. Edmund Hamilton working for Fawcett. That be perfect for him.