Q-Bam Historical Map Thread

Ottokar Bohemia.png

Map for a patch on Ottokar's Bohemian "Empire". If you don't know who he is, he's the guy that ruled generally all of Austria except for the Prince-Bishoprics, Bishoprics, Imperial Cities, and Tyrol for the first time. If he succeeded in becoming Holy Roman Emperor, the Hapsburgs would never come to power in the way they did.

HRE 1648.png

So, I know that it's been a while since there has been a 1648 patch, but this took quite a bit of time. I managed to do most of the HRE's states (apart from many of the smaller german states and territories) using this map
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7d/Holy_Roman_Empire_1648.svg
I have a couple questions on Silesia, Moravia, and Bohemia because I don't know the specific relation with Silesia and the K. of Bohemia. This mostly has to do with border colors

Crazy Boris

Banned
View attachment 482425
So, I know that it's been a while since there has been a 1648 patch, but this took quite a bit of time. I managed to do most of the HRE's states (apart from many of the smaller german states and territories) using this map
I have a couple questions on Silesia, Moravia, and Bohemia because I don't know the specific relation with Silesia and the K. of Bohemia. This mostly has to do with border colors

Damn, this is very impressive! I’m usually too intimidated by the bordergore to draw any HRE states at all aside from Austria and Brandenburg-Prussia

Silesia and Moravia were part of the Crown of Bohemia but had their own estates but basically were run as a single big unit. Definitely as much if not more integrated politically as Austria proper with Styria and Carinthia.

Damn, this is very impressive! I’m usually too intimidated by the bordergore to draw any HRE states at all aside from Austria and Brandenburg-Prussia
It is easier than it looks, but it is a pain in the butt nevertheless. The 1200 hre for some states might be easier to do if you ever considered doing them. I've considered doing 1453 but that might be the height of the border gore.
Silesia and Moravia were part of the Crown of Bohemia but had their own estates but basically were run as a single big unit. Definitely as much if not more integrated politically as Austria proper with Styria and Carinthia.
So basically I should make the border between all three of them as the lighter gray vs the darker gray?

View attachment 482425

You are officially awesome. :cool:

I don't suppose I could trouble you (or others) to make other HRE patches, especially 1789 and 1803? This is totally unrelated to a project that I am totally not working on, you understand.

You are officially awesome. :cool:

I don't suppose I could trouble you (or others) to make other HRE patches, especially 1789 and 1803? This is totally unrelated to a project that I am totally not working on, you understand.
Those will probably come out as we go but sure, I and other people can make patches. They take a while so don’t expect anything immediately

Crazy Boris

Banned
It is easier than it looks, but it is a pain in the butt nevertheless. The 1200 hre for some states might be easier to do if you ever considered doing them. I've considered doing 1453 but that might be the height of the border gore.

Honestly, I’m too scared to touch the HRE’s internals after around 1000, it just gets too messy for me to handle on my own after that point.

Crazy Boris

Banned
@Crazy Boris , is there a reason that the 2019 map is only available on your deviantart account as an unusable JPG file? Or was that a mistake?

It should be a PNG, I uploaded it as one and the download link takes you to a PNG.

Are you using Deviantart's new "Eclipse" site or the old one? Because I think Eclipse screws with the image.

Napoleonic Europe.png

Patch for September 14, 1812 when Napoleon invaded Russia. I did Europe only since the rest of the world's borders either didn't change or changed very little.

Last edited: