Should we change this title to "The Big 4 comics industry"

• Yes

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Yes but it will have to change when Image comics is formed?

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • No Fawcett comics survives is a good title

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Igeo, that is a great new weeper origin! And most of your text could word-for-word be the narration boxes in the comic book that introduces him.

Only changes I'd make to make it a silver age comic: Change the "show them how depressing life truely was" to something like "make them see life as depressing as he saw it", change "boyfriend" to "suitor" or something, and change "screwed" to "ruined".

Fawcett comics
PSX_20190817_232209.jpg

Design idea for silver age Funnyman designed by Jack Cole ( the monical is optional)

View attachment 481273
Design idea for silver age Funnyman designed by Jack Cole ( the monical is optional)

Well, I like it. Not so much the monocle, but everything else is great. It's nice to see the Fawcett universe coming along nicely. And with Kelly's Eye and Funnyman still to come in 1963 and Mytek and Mr Scarlett all coming in 64, and Golden Arrow, Red Gaucho, Devil's Dagger or Hunchback and The new Ghost Rider coming whenever, It's shaping up to be a very interesting time for the company.

One thing I do hope is that the Modern Ghost Rider still gets to drive a Motorcycle, although it's safe to say he'll be quite a different character to the one at Marvel IOTL.

Also, about what was said about Viacom and MTV and Nickelodeon and all that. I did some research and as it turns out, Nick, MTV and VH1 all used to belong to Warner Bros until 1986 when WB sold them to Viacom. Just a thought but, for fun, we could have WB sell MTV and VH1, but keep Nick, therefore allowing Viacom, which would own Fawcett at this point, to set up their own Kids TV Block and showcase their stuff for younger viewers there. Including their Superhero shows. Sound like an idea?

Last edited:
Fawcett
PSX_20190817_155339.jpg

In 1964 Atlas writer Stan Lee tried to bring Bill Everett back to to the company that he brought Namor The Submariner to . Bill wanted to bring in a blind superhero as a tribute to his daughter but after months of trying to come up with a name Bill Everett left and pitched his idea elsewhere. In July Everett pitched his blind Superhero idea to fellow artists Wally Wood who convinced him that this Matt Murdock would make a good successor to Mr. Scarlet which was published in July

Last edited:
View attachment 481367
In 1964 Atlas writer Stan Lee tried to bring Bill Everett back to to the company that he brought Namor The Submariner to . Bill wanted to bring in a blind superhero as a tribute to his daughter but after months of trying to come up with a name Bill Everett left and pitched his idea elsewhere. In July Everett pitched his blind Superhero idea to fellow artists Wally Wood who convinced him that this Matt Murdock would make a good successor to Mr. Scarlet which was published in July

Maybe it's just me but I'm not a fan of the yellow highlights here. They work on Bulletman and Bulletgirl, given their status but on Mr Scarlett? Not so much I'm afraid.

That being said, I can say without much hesitation that ''The Owl'' is going to become the new Scarlett's most reoccurring nemesis. With comics' first handicapped superhero under their roof, it makes one wonder how Fawcett will top this one and how Atlas and DC will respond. True, next year they'll have their first Silver Age team book with THUNDER Agents and whoever else that year.

Last edited:
(Ok for this post to make any since I have to acknowledge that in my earlier post I didn't realize that Both Fox Features and Quality owned the rights to Phantom Lady so despite my previous post Fox gets bought by Charlton and Quality got bought by DC)
220px-Blue_Beetle_v3_1.jpg

In June of 1964 Charton Comics released the first comic from the Fox Features buyout with plans for there other characters however DC comics had plans to reintroduce Phantom Lady into the pages of Hawkmans comic with both companies realizing that legally the Phantom Lady is in financial limbo
With in November Joe Kurbert hastily redesigning his redesign of Phantom Lady into Zatanna: Daughter of Zatara the magician

Maybe it's just me but I'm not a fan of the yellow highlights here. They work on Bulletman and Bulletgirl, given their status but on Mr Scarlett? Not so much I'm afraid.

That being said, I can say without much hesitation that ''The Owl'' is going to become the new Scarlett's most reoccurring nemesis. With comics' first handicapped superhero under their roof, it makes one wonder how Fawcett will top this one and how Atlas and DC will respond. True, next year they'll have their first Silver Age team book with THUNDER Agents and whoever else that year.
Yeah Wally Woods design was not as popular as Steve Ditkos classic design in a few years

(Ok for this post to make any since I have to acknowledge that in my earlier post I didn't realize that Both Fox Features and Quality owned the rights to Phantom Lady so despite my previous post Fox gets bought by Charlton and Quality got bought by DC)
View attachment 481376
In June of 1964 Charton Comics released the first comic from the Fox Features buyout with plans for there other characters however DC comics had plans to reintroduce Phantom Lady into the pages of Hawkmans comic with both companies realizing that legally the Phantom Lady is in financial limbo
With in November Joe Kurbert hastily redesigning his redesign of Phantom Lady into Zatanna: Daughter of Zatara the magician

I'm ok with Charlton having control of Fox. This gives them a golden opportunity to try and make it big. Sure, they'll be losing a number of characters when Ditko leaves for Fawcett, but they still have some good names. Son of Vulkan, Nature Boy, Mr Muscles, Judomaster, Daredevil, Captain Atom, etc. And now with Fox, they have Stardust the Super Wizard, Blue Beetle and Phantom Lady under the same roof.

I'm just going to assume DC made or will make another purchase down the like. Like Standard or something. Seems like something they would do. Though, somehow, I have a feeling Charlton is gonna get bought anyway in a decade or two. Maybe not by DC Nessisarily, but by someone.

Also, in spite of Zatanna showing up, I think that Fawcett can get away with one, teeny tiny little ripoff with Isis: Daughter of Ibis. It's all about the presentation.

I'm ok with Charlton having control of Fox. This gives them a golden opportunity to try and make it big. Sure, they'll be losing a number of characters when Ditko leaves for Fawcett, but they still have some good names. Son of Vulkan, Nature Boy, Mr Muscles, Judomaster, Daredevil, Captain Atom, etc. And now with Fox, they have Stardust the Super Wizard, Blue Beetle and Phantom Lady under the same roof.

I'm just going to assume DC made or will make another purchase down the like. Like Standard or something. Seems like something they would do. Though, somehow, I have a feeling Charlton is gonna get bought anyway in a decade or two. Maybe not by DC Nessisarily, but by someone.

Also, in spite of Zatanna showing up, I think that Fawcett can get away with one, teeny tiny little ripoff with Isis: Daughter of Ibis. It's all about the presentation.
Like I said because of the legal hoopla surrounding Phantom Lady right now she doesn't officially get reintroduced until Crisis on Infinite earth's while Charlton will create Nightshade as a replacement for Phantom Lady

Like I said because of the legal hoopla surrounding Phantom Lady right now she doesn't officially get reintroduced until Crisis on Infinite earth's while Charlton will create Nightshade as a replacement for Phantom Lady

Poor PL. Can't seem to catch a break ITTL. Oh well, that's showbiz.

Looking forward to what comes next. Actually, I'd love to know people's reactions to the creations by the British writers. The Sucess of Kelly's Eye and Mytek will be the determining factors in whether or not they get to make Janus Snape and Adam Eterno in the future.

Poor PL. Can't seem to catch a break ITTL. Oh well, that's showbiz.

Looking forward to what comes next. Actually, I'd love to know people's reactions to the creations by the British writers. The Sucess of Kelly's Eye and Mytek will be the determining factors in whether or not they get to make Janus Snape and Adam Eterno in the future.
I would assume that the reaction to Foreign writers and Artists coming to American comic would be similar to America's introduction to The Beatles and the Rolling Stones around the same time FYI who would be a good British writer and/or artist for Ibus the invincible?

I would assume that the reaction to Foreign writers and Artists coming to American comic would be similar to America's introduction to The Beatles and the Rolling Stones around the same time FYI who would be a good British writer and/or artist for Ibus the invincible?

If you mean Isis, I would say.... Evelyn Flinders on Art. Though in terms of writers, I'd continue the trend of pairing up British artists with American writers.

Both the Black Bat and Dr. Mid-Nite appeared before Matt Murdock OTL and presumably ITTL.

Well, the first recognizable Blind Hero Anyway. Seems like Fawcett is quickly becoming the perfect line between the Embodiments of Virtue at DC and the Relatable Heros of Atlas.

To compete with the teen super teams of Fawcetts The Marvel Family, Legion of Superheroes and Atlas s X-Men
DCs team of Bob Haney & Bruno Premiani created a team called Teen Titans in the title of Brave & the Bold with the roster of their heroes Sidekicks original roster were Robin (Batman) Aqualad (Aquaman) Kid-Flash (Flash) and Miss Arrowite (Green Arrow)

Great idea, but I prefer the name ''Arrowette.'' Also, what happened to Speedy?

Last edited:
If you mean Isis, I would say.... Evelyn Flinders on Art. Though in terms of writers, I'd continue the trend of pairing up British artists with American writers.

Great idea, but I prefer the name ''Arrowette.'' Also, what happened to Speedy?
Evelyn Finders would be a good artist for Mary Marvel actually.
Sppedy was going to be used but Haney wanted to ad a female member on the team. Funny enough he almost put Wonder girl on the team instead but was informed in time that she is not Wonder Woman's sidekick but her time displaced younger self..

Evelyn Finders would be a good artist for Mary Marvel actually.
Sppedy was going to be used but Haney wanted to ad a female member on the team. Funny enough he almost put Wonder girl on the team instead but was informed in time that she is not Wonder Woman's sidekick but her time displaced younger self..

Well, she could always be put on Multiple books. Isis still needs an artist. and there's still the matter on how to make her different from Zatanna.

I'd still like there to be a wonder girl on the team. Maybe Haney can do it anyway and actually give her a definitive origin this time.

Well, she could always be put on Multiple books. Isis still needs an artist. and there's still the matter on how to make her different from Zatanna.

I'd still like there to be a wonder girl on the team. Maybe Haney can do it anyway and actually give her a definitive origin this time.
I think he means Ibis not Isis.

The way I see it both Isis and Wonder girl ITTL will formally be created in the 70s for ironically the same reason TV.
Isis is created because of Filmations Captain Marvel/Isis power hour and Fawcett trying to find out how she fits in there universe.
Drusilla the Wonder Girl is put into the comics because of her popularity in the Wonder Woman Show

The way I see it both Isis and Wonder girl ITTL will formally be created in the 70s for ironically the same reason TV.
Isis is created because of Filmations Captain Marvel/Isis power hour and Fawcett trying to find out how she fits in there universe.
Drusilla the Wonder Girl is put into the comics because of her popularity in the Wonder Woman Show

OK. So Ibis comes first. Got it. In that case, While Evelyn can draw for Mary and some other female hero, Geoff Campion can draw for Ibis. Maybe he could draw for Golden Arrow too?

Also, I've come to realise that Devil's Dagger WOULD make a better female reinvention than Hunchback. You could even make her a kind of Proto Wolverine with her powers.

Last edited: