WIP Map Thread

A WIP map of my Red Dawn (the 1984 film) cover, and yes I used the Red Dawn +20 TL for ideas (and then some, namely with some liberties taken to make this somewhat close to plausible):
dpqhOP3.png

A WIP map of my Red Dawn (the 1984 film) cover, and yes I used the Red Dawn +20 TL for ideas (and then some, namely with some liberties taken to make this somewhat close to plausible): SNIP

Wow, surprised this hasn't been done before, good job! Any interest in an "after the war" map, especially given at least how RD+20 ended up?

EDIT: Forgot to address this being a WIP, so if my question is still "in the works", please disregard.

Wow, surprised this hasn't been done before, good job! Any interest in an "after the war" map, especially given at least how RD+20 ended up?

EDIT: Forgot to address this being a WIP, so if my question is still "in the works", please disregard.
To be honest I've just started reading up on the TL and it seems disjointed despite a noble attempt at filling out the world the film is set in; that and I haven't thought of doing an aftermath but rather before the war starts but I'd figure I'd have the map set during the war. It's on my to do list you know.

And you thought that Versailles and Trianon were harsh?
(Europe almost completed, not sure if I should do Anatolia also... it would be mostly likely just variation on OTL Sevrés...)

Attachments

• Copy.png
    Copy.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 330
EnhancedWorldA - Old NA.png

This map, intended to be a scenario where Teddy Roosevelt becomes the Republican nominee instead of Taft (resulting in Roosevelt winning his third term) is almost done, as you can see.

China is provisional, I'm not really happy with it (but I wanted to have the colors and the general provinces on there).

EDIT: Changed the borders of Italian North Africa a bit.

Last edited:
Progress continues on my 1980s Punk Map! Some themes were inspired by B_Munro's 1980s Retrofuture. Basemap is EqualAA projection (and not Robinson Worlda.) Subsequent pixel editing is all my work.

I wanted to show organized crime and rebel movements, but there was no way to do it without the map becoming an eyesore.

YVe1X4P.png

so0Bq4W.png

x1tkDu7.png
5LCWGfa.png

maps of my "guy claims to be jesus, becomes European Hong Xiuquan in the 11th century" TL. 1300 AD, 1400 AD and 1600 AD. everything except the Americas are uncomplete in the 3rd one

A cut-out of the German-led Europaischer Staatenbund (plus turkey and azerbaijan). An dumb as shiet attempt of a nazi-wank which i probably will not continue as holy shit the nazi state is quite flawed and contradictory

Attachments

• Hitler's Fursona.png
    Hitler's Fursona.png
    39.7 KB · Views: 371
When your king is going totally mad, but also get some supernatural help from old gods...
(not sure what to do with my "magic napoleonic wars" so I maybe turn them to "magic 18th century wars" in which "classic powers" under guidance of France, ruled by god-emperor Louis Invictus wage ethernal war against their barbarous "gothic" enemies... with satyrs and montgolfiers)
Inspired by this: https://www.deviantart.com/arthurdrakoni/art/Percy-Jackson-Meets-Captain-Confederacy-485860601

wip.png

When your king is going totally mad, but also get some supernatural help from old gods...
(not sure what to do with my "magic napoleonic wars" so I maybe turn them to "magic 18th century wars" in which "classic powers" under guidance of France, ruled by god-emperor Louis Invictus wage ethernal war against their barbarous "gothic" enemies... with satyrs and montgolfiers)
Inspired by this: https://www.deviantart.com/arthurdrakoni/art/Percy-Jackson-Meets-Captain-Confederacy-485860601

View attachment 483292
oh hey that's the wrong proposal without napoleon (read it, it's actually the most interesting historical SCP http://www.scp-wiki.net/wrong-proposal)

oh hey that's the wrong proposal without napoleon (read it, it's actually the most interesting historical SCP http://www.scp-wiki.net/wrong-proposal)
Ancient race of cannibals, finally destroyed by Temujin? Gnostic Napoleon? Great!
Also, clockwork soldiers? Hey, they will be there probably too (Mr. Spallanzani work for French... mhm, so maybe not only clockwor soldiers but also clockwork maitresses? :D)

Nah, I think there will be less divine powers/magic on the French side, (mad 18th century) science would be mostly enough for them :D