DBWI PAC's resturant chain doesnt exist

Founded by Peter Paccara PACS or Pizza and coffee in 1919.

The restaurant chain started humbly in Glendale California, Peter loved two things Pizza and Coffee, and decided to create an experience around them. The chain was the first chain in America to use expresso machines to make its coffee and is said by many to basically starbucks before starbucks became a thing.

Peters was an odd man by the standards of the time he wore a monocle constantly dispite the fact it was outdated, was obessed with his stores being clean and had a code of honor of a sort that revolved around being professional.

stock-photo-portrait-of-senior-man-with-monocle-and-a-coffee-cup-378775717.jpg

Photo of Peter Paccara

1900-1980

A big thing about Peter is that he thought Racism was unprofessional, he refused to segregate his resturants, refused to pay people differently based on race, promoted on merit and refused to bend on that issue.

He focused on small individual pizzas that the brand is now famous for, good coffee and mediocre salads, and the chain did well, due to lucky investments and getting out in time during the depression Peter found himself as a wealthy man when the depression happened.

Instead of collapsing the chain grew during the depression becoming one of the first fast food chains in American history, he stubbornly held to his code of professionalism, and as the chain grew he imposed his rules on the chain, as CEO he had no problem going in and personally firing managers who discriminated based on race.

The chain grew during the depression spreading to the east coast, his son Victor took over the New York branch of the company. Where he met and fell in love with a jazz singer, a black one. When he announced that he was going to marry her he famously went to his fathers place expecting to be disowned.

his father then instead asked why he never introduced his girlfriend to him, then asked if she was a good woman and then told his son that he wasn't getting out of managing the company in the future. This was in great depression America....

When the wedding happened in New Orleans the Klan decided to interviene, Peter brought out a loaded shotgun and asked the Klansmen if any of them.

"Do any of you think your hard enough?"

They famously left the wedding in peace, Pete gave no F's.

The company then spread to the south and became one of the favorite chains of the civil rights movement with Martin Luthor king famously loving their coffee, in time Peter left the position of CEO and let his son victor take over instead becoming the famous face of the company like Cornel sanders did for KFC.

He passed away in 1980, these days his grandson controls the company which has gone international having resturants every where from Australia, south Korean, the middle east and Europe. But what if this company didn't exist how would American history be changed if PACs wasn't around?

Obviously the "PAC Man" videogame wouldn't be around; to let your animated pizza devour pepperoni dots and defy KKK "ghosts". Other fast-food chains like Burger Time and Mario Brothers probably don't commission vanity-themed games either.

Re: civil rights, openly segregated chains like (happily defunct) White Castle probably stay around, at least until the Romney Administration bans them.

Last edited:
Mr. Paccale left a very wonderful legacy behind. Supposedly, his love of pizza and coffee came from his Italian heritage and his family ties to Ethiopia. Unsurprisingly, both nations have PACs, with Italy sticking to the recipe as “Pizza Americana”

It also led to closer ties to Italian-Americans and Afro-Americans for sure, though also Catholics in general.

The KKK met a rightfully violent end

Dolan

Banned
Nowadays, it's getting the rather awkward image of being Republican meeting place after President Colin Powell's way too often used them as meeting places.

Nowadays, it's getting the rather awkward image of being Republican meeting place after President Colin Powell's way too often used them as meeting places.
To be fair Both parties use it. I mean before President Powell used it President Jackson did

Well, where the hell else would a confirmed bachelor get a halfway decent manly-man meal at a decent price?

If PAC hadn't been around to prove that individual pizza fast casual chains were a viable business model, would other places that took after it like MOD and Blaze exist?

Maybe we'd be able to get normal sizes for coffee at coffee places instead of venti/grandi/whatever
Maybe people would drink coffee for breakfast I heard story's my grandparents told that in the fifties the doughnut shops sold coffee with the bagels and doughnuts instead of tea like they do now.

Maybe people would drink coffee for breakfast I heard story's my grandparents told that in the fifties the doughnut shops sold coffee with the bagels and doughnuts instead of tea like they do now.

The morning seems like an odd time to drink coffee. People usually get up and move around in the morning to get going, but people with office jobs tend to hit a wall in the afternoon after lunch, and coffee helps keep that at bay. Most people I know need their jolt around 2 or 3 in the afternoon, which is why people call coffee “a second wind.”

Maybe we'd be able to get normal sizes for coffee at coffee places instead of venti/grandi/whatever

Pacs used to have normal sizes for its drinks but its started to do the Venti/grande/tall thing during the 50s in order to get the hip beatnik crowd to go to their chains. The beatnik fad died but they never went back to normal sizes names.

The morning seems like an odd time to drink coffee. People usually get up and move around in the morning to get going, but people with office jobs tend to hit a wall in the afternoon after lunch, and coffee helps keep that at bay. Most people I know need their jolt around 2 or 3 in the afternoon, which is why people call coffee “a second wind.”

I drink coffee darn near first thing in the morning every day.

that is very true I work second shift so I normally take my coffee break around 7 or 8 pm to get me to midnight when my shift is over.. Mornings for me is a nice cup of Earl Grey or Irish Breakfast from Dunks

that is very true I work second shift so I normally take my coffee break around 7 or 8 pm to get me to midnight when my shift is over.. Mornings for me is a nice cup of Earl Grey or Irish Breakfast from Dunks

You really cant beat Dunks milk brewed tea, the flavor is pretty hard to describe but its a fine way to start the day.