Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

Might I suggest trying to have the Neuces as the border? I feel Neuces Texas would look appealing, combined with part of Oklahoma. Ahhh yes, neither you nor Itsa made those maps. If you did I would hire someone to track your locations so I could buy a plane ticket, get a taxi, and physically strike you for not having Connecticut, Rhode Island, or Massachusetts in New England. Really, given the area contains New Hampsire, New Brunswick, New York, Nova Scotia, and Newfoundland they should have just removed the England from the country name and it would have been fine.

Anybody wanna try to make a worlda of this lol:
european_theater__2136_by_ynot1989_d7wjpjo-pre.jpg

This checks every box for clichés (CSA, Texas, West Coast, Deseret etc.), but also has its own share of new insanity: "Kingdom of Hawaii"? "Soviet Zapatista Republic"? "Cuban Commonwealth" that holds Florida's tip?
It’s like they mashed together ideas from five different TLs.

Crazy Boris

Banned
I tried to recreate some extremist proposals for Greater Serbia and Greater Croatia during the Dissolution of Yugoslavia in MBAM.
Maps are based on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Map_of_Greater_Serbia_(in_Yugoslavia).svg and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Greater_Croatia_01.png

As always nationalism is evil. Both maps reflect extreme nationalistic political proposals which advocate for ethnic cleansing and war crimes.

View attachment 480714

I like how either way nothing happens to Slovenia. Slovenia always wins in the end.

I like how either way nothing happens to Slovenia. Slovenia always wins in the end.

I find it especially funny when looking at that Greater Serbia map, since I've heard that the Serbo-Croatian spoken in the territories of that rump Croatia (Kajkavian and Chakavian) is closer to Slovenian than it is to the predominant way of speaking, that being Štokavian. So, theoretically, that rump Croatia could be absorbed by Slovenia, giving us Greater Slovenia.

Meaning Slovenia would win doubly.

I tried to recreate some extremist proposals for Greater Serbia and Greater Croatia during the Dissolution of Yugoslavia in MBAM.
Maps are based on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Map_of_Greater_Serbia_(in_Yugoslavia).svg and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Greater_Croatia_01.png

As always nationalism is evil. Both maps reflect extreme nationalistic political proposals which advocate for ethnic cleansing and war crimes.

View attachment 480714
Im surprised Serbia doesnt have irredebtists claims on Bulgaria or Albania.

"Kingdom of Hawaii"?
Uhhhh, well that's not really a particularly new or totally insane thing, because there's quite a few sovereignty activists here who would totally be on board with that. if the federal government actually started breaking down and left Hawai'i to fend for itself, they might even get some support other than themselves. Actually, that strikes me as being the most plausible part of the map...

Vlad_P.png

And finally, to at least temporarily wrap up the quadrillogy of modern Russian goals, here’s all of Vladimir Putin’s plans rolled into one map.

Overall goals: In July of 2014, Putin stated that he would use Russia’s “entire arsenal” to protect Russians abroad. He has also listed NATO as Russia’s number one military threat.

Transnistria: Polls taken in March of 2014 show that a majority of Transnistria’s population, 40% of which is Russian, would prefer their country to be re-integrated with the Russian Federation. I see no reason why Putin wouldn’t accept the results of, for example, a Crimea-style referendum once there’s a land connection between the two nations.

Moldova: In January of 2017, Putin presented the Moldovan president with a map of the country in 1790, which included a large chunk of what is now Romania (and maybe a few pixels of Ukraine, I can’t remember). It is implied that this is a subtle way of saying that this is what Putin plans to reward Moldova with in exchange for Transnistria, and/or in exchange for Moldovan support in a future war against the EU or NATO.

Ukraine: Back in 2008, Putin stated that “Ukraine is not even a state”, and that the nation was “an artificial creation sewn together from territory of Poland, [Czechosovakia], Romania, and especially Russia in the aftermath of the Second World War”. With this in mind I’ve given Slovakia and Romania their 1932 borders in Ukraine (minus Moldova’s stuff), although I’ve avoided giving anything to Poland since it would be dumb to let go of such a large portion of the East European Plain. More recently, in August of 2014, Putin stated that Russians and Ukrainians are “practically one people”. With this in mind I’ve given the rest of the country to Russia. This also shows that his definition of “Russians” includes, at least sometimes, the entire East Slavic group. Historically this makes sense.

Belarus: If Putin considers Ukrainians to be Russian, the same must be said of Belarus. As early as 2011 he said that a reunification of the two countries was “desirable”, and this February the Belarusian president stated that “we’re ready to unite”.

The Baltics: This is a tough one. In order to protect Russia’s position on the East European Plain, it’s a fair assumption that Putin wants to pull the Baltic states out of the European/American sphere of influence and into Russia’s own. As for what to annex directly, the only Baltic province which is overwhelmingly Russian by either definition is Ida-Viru in Estonia. I’ve also included the Latvian region of Latgale, since in April of 2014 a demonstration at the Latvian embassy in Moscow propagated the idea of integrating Latgale into Russia.

Abkhazia, South Ossetia and Georgia: These two nations have large portions of their population in favour of uniting with Russia, however I don’t know if Putin would accept that since neither country has a Russian majority (by either definition), and such a unification would end any possibility of an alliance with Georgia, which is something he’s been hoping for. In February of 2008 he stated that “I still very much hope that this really brotherly nation will finally understand that Russia is not an enemy, but is a friend and the relations will be restored”.

Alaska: He specifically stated he doesn't want Alaska.

Serbia: Vladimir Putin was firmly against Kosovo’s independence, stating in February of 2008 that “The precedent of Kosovo is a terrible precedent, which will de facto destroy the whole system of international relations”. Putin considers Serbia to be a valuable ally of Russia, although much like Russia’s allies of Iraq, India, Vietnam and North Korea, he’s never tried to include them in the Eurasian Union project.

EAU: One of the Putin administration’s most successful projects has been the formation of the Eurasian Economic Union, which Putin aims to expand into a competitor to the European Union, with a similar structure. In June of 2016 during a visit to China, he suggested that the Union could eventually encompass all of the post-Soviet states plus Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, China and Mongolia. By April of 2018 he had also sent invitations to Turkey and Syria. It appears that Putin’s goal here is to consolidate Russia’s allies in Eurasia under a single organisation in order the strengthen ties between them. It should be noted that for this to work, several nations would have to be pulled out of the Western Bloc.

Next, by combining elements of the maps on pages 5, 98, 99, 101 and this one I might throw together a realistic "Eastern Bloc wins CWII/WWIII in the present day" map, similar to how we combined various ideas to create a single well-researched Axis victory map earlier on in the thread. Alternatively, by combining aspects of the maps on pages 62 and 103 I might try to assemble a realistic "Western Bloc wins CWII/WWIII in the present day" map.

Last edited: