NWS Rule the Waves 2 Thread

下載.jpg
Welcome, fellow Admirals and Ship Designers! This is the thread for those who enjoyed the game Rule the Waves 2 produced by NWS Wargaming.

Old homepage: https://store.nws-online.net/index.html

New homepage: https://nwswargamingstore.net/

Forum: http://nws-online.proboards.com/

As the CIC of a country's navy, you are in control of the development of the Naval Order of Battle and influence the fortune of the your nations in a period of 70 years (1900 to 1970) via the clever use of seapower and naval air power. One would of course be influenced by political winds, both domestic and international.

Through strategic, operational and tactical control of naval assets, one can push one's country from mediocrity to the list of Great Powers.

images

@JudgeKing @Eternity @matlef @Vanguard45 @Count of Crisco @ShockTrooper262

Let us start the ships rolling!

The workhorse of the last two wars of my American Game had to be the Scott Class Destroyers.

The first 16 were equipped with torpedos, but the next 36 removed the torpedoes and focused on AA and Speed increases as the USN found fighting near France to be a Carrier and Land Based fight.

The USN's 6* Modern battleships however did allow for French shipping to be intercepted and sunk while USN Submarines locked down the Pacific from hostile ships.

upload_2019-8-4_20-59-49.png

USS Scott would score many aircraft kills, and successfully lead the very last torpedo attack against a hostile Battleship when she and her sister the USS Drayton torpedoed the German SMS Deutschland, sending the 56,000t Battleship to a watery grave in the North Sea. You can in fact diver her wreck and several others in that area.

Here i am in 1905 and just want my war with Russia to end, 30 000 vp vs their 14 000 but it just never ends :/

The legacy 10" battleships as Japan are a divine punishment i am sure of it.

I have just bought this game. I tried a Britain play through, but I think I was designing my Dreadnoughts wrong as they kept on sinking. (My brandnew battleships lost to two older battlecruisers and a destroyer)

I have just bought this game. I tried a Britain play through, but I think I was designing my Dreadnoughts wrong as they kept on sinking. (My brandnew battleships lost to two older battlecruisers and a destroyer)

What year are young playing? What's the level if your techs? Have you add torpedo protection to your capital fleets? How do you allocate armor to the different location of the ship?

Also, UK is difficult for new player to handle, as it has heavy foreign station requirement.

What year are young playing? What's the level if your techs? Have you add torpedo protection to your capital fleets? How do you allocate armor to the different location of the ship?

Also, UK is difficult for new player to handle, as it has heavy foreign station requirement.
Ah - torpedo protection :pensive:. Thank you This was about 1920 - 100% tech. I am going to start again on a new game and see how that goes.

USS_Wright.JPG

My first purpose built carrier, limited by treaty but by god does she look nice. Named after the carrier from The Great Pacific War
My other carriers were pre-dreadnought battleships

Capture.JPG

Aftermath.JPG

In my recent game I defeated Germany badly. I took most of their overseas colonies, took their newest battleship which I will convert to a light carrier as a frig you, and the Kaiser was deposed. All at the cost of one heavy cruiser.
Next stop, Britian

The best part is my battleships didn't fight the main battle fleet once. There was just a quick one on one which the German ran from as my younger battleship found the mark in the dark

Well, just had a wild ride. The year is 1950 and my fleet at Port Arthur is suddenly attacked. The Japanese launch attacks from Korea and Japan itself on the fleet of 2 battleships (33,000 tons), 1 battlecruiser (25,000 tons), 8 heavy cruisers (12,000 tons), 10 light cruisers (9,000 tons), 2 light carriers (18,000 tons) and 20 destroyers (1800 to 2000 tons). The aerial assault catches the fleet warming the boilers up. As they reach the fleet, they meet the defenses of the fleet. All the ships, even the 4 heavy cruisers from 1905 I kept until replacements could be built, all had 6 inch DP guns with autoloaders. The aerial assault wounds 2 battleships, 2 of the heavy cruisers and 5 destroyers. The fleet moves out as 8 Japanese crusers (6 heavy, 2 light) and 12 destroyers rush the defenses. The ensuring gunfight sees all but two of the heavy cruisers destroyed with only the loss of 1 of mine. Shouldnt have attacked me just after I did excercises and doctrine training. Of course as I finish the battle the game freezes. Otherwise Id be posting the results

Well, just had a wild ride. The year is 1950 and my fleet at Port Arthur is suddenly attacked. The Japanese launch attacks from Korea and Japan itself on the fleet of 2 battleships (33,000 tons), 1 battlecruiser (25,000 tons), 8 heavy cruisers (12,000 tons), 10 light cruisers (9,000 tons), 2 light carriers (18,000 tons) and 20 destroyers (1800 to 2000 tons). The aerial assault catches the fleet warming the boilers up. As they reach the fleet, they meet the defenses of the fleet. All the ships, even the 4 heavy cruisers from 1905 I kept until replacements could be built, all had 6 inch DP guns with autoloaders. The aerial assault wounds 2 battleships, 2 of the heavy cruisers and 5 destroyers. The fleet moves out as 8 Japanese crusers (6 heavy, 2 light) and 12 destroyers rush the defenses. The ensuring gunfight sees all but two of the heavy cruisers destroyed with only the loss of 1 of mine. Shouldnt have attacked me just after I did excercises and doctrine training. Of course as I finish the battle the game freezes. Otherwise Id be posting the results

What country were you using? Russia? The tonnage of BBs and BC sound too light and the no. of carriers too few for a 1950 fleet.

What country were you using? Russia? The tonnage of BBs and BC sound too light and the no. of carriers too few for a 1950 fleet.
US.
I was also limited by a 12 year Treaty that limited ship size to 18000 tons. Also the ships there were meant to flee to the Pacific afterwards to beef up the Phillipennes