Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a cyberpunk/vaporwave base map I whipped up for my cyberpunk shared worlds map game:
Pieced together from two different base maps and added a legend and some different color.

Here are the sources:
The earth base map was made by sirion101 here: https://www.deviantart.com/sirion101/art/Vaporwave-Worlda-Basemap-774419053
Moon and Mars map from here: https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/map-thread-xii.307632/page-10#post-8793332

I put together everything else.

BaseMap.png

The remainder of the USSR after the Third World War:

View attachment 479869

The constituent republics of the USSR are the Volgarossiyan SSR, the East Ukrainian SSR, the Crimean SSR, the Khazarian SSR, the Kalmyk SSR, the Circassian SSR, the Abkhazian SSR, the Ossetian SSR, the Ingush SSR, the Chechen SSR, the Dagestan SSR, the Georgian SSR, the Armenian SSR, and the Azeri SSR.

North of the USSR is a radioactive wasteland - the major cities, such as Moscow and Stalingrad, have been wiped off the face of the earth, and winds have swept the radioactive matter over a much larger area. Aside from separatist states in the Urals, and the military state of Kazakhrossiya, the closest thing to civilization in the area are armed militias extracting tribute from anyone unlucky enough to be in their territory. The Balkans and the Carpathians have also been spared the nuclear onslaught, but order has still collapsed and the official borders no longer matter. In the Middle East, Turkey's armies are slowly bringing the Arabian Peninsula under control, while Iran has collapsed after the nuclear bombing of Tehran. To the east, the Republic of Turkestan is dominating Central Asia.
I would love to see more from this. If you would also like to collaborate in making a final product, I can help along.

As of the 1440s, Fechmoiri (Irish Islam) is being pushed to the west and are gradually being reduced to only communities in the western frontier (and whose disappearence will be made even faster with some Cultural Revolution-lite-esque reforms passed by later Ireland) as Ireland gradually becomes Catholic, but during Roman times all of Ireland (and Brittania) is solidly Muslim.
Roman times?

Roman times?
It's from a reverse map game. Rather than a point of divergence, it has a point of convergence; the further back in time, the more different things are from OTL. It's an inherently ASB premise, but a really fun one, because it lets you take bits and pieces from history and put them wherever you want, really.

Aurantiacis

Gone Fishin'
It's from a reverse map game. Rather than a point of divergence, it has a point of convergence; the further back in time, the more different things are from OTL. It's an inherently ASB premise, but a really fun one, because it lets you take bits and pieces from history and put them wherever you want, really.

Honestly, rather than a point of total convergence, it's more of a convergence only for the map and for a rough outline of the buildings on mankind. HMverse is very very different from ours (with the aforementioned exceptions), consisting of entirely different ethnic compositions, artifacts, and different ways of thought from ours.

But it's fun nontheless:D

Status
Not open for further replies.