Map of the Fortnight: Main Discussion Thread

How do you post a large image file (2mb or so)

Upload it somewhere else than this forum (because its upload tool sucks a lot), imgur, deviantart, whatever, then click on the image button and add a direct link to the picture.

Note that it may not work for very large pictures, but we're talking those that are 50 MB+

Also yeah i'll try to put out a map for the current contest.

First of all, new threads are up!

MotF 201: Abandon Big Ben - Voting Thread
MotF 202: Dust to Dust - Entry Thread

Second of all, congratulations to @TheKutKu for crushing MotF 200 with that awesome map of Walchéren as a sort of reverse Hong Kong!

Third, I am always looking for suggestions for future contest topics! Here are some I am considering; if you like any of these or have others to suggest, let me know!
  • A Crown From The Gutter - Make a map showing a new dynasty or royal house established with strong popular support.
  • Caveat Emptor - Make a map showing the purchase of a territory or the consequences of that purchase.
  • The City That Never Was - Make a map showing an alternate city or an alternate version of a city that exists in OTL.

What's the threshold for apocalyptic? Can it be apocalyptic for a single country/region (like Eastern Europe under Generalplan Ost) or does it have to be a near- worldwide calamity?

What's the threshold for apocalyptic? Can it be apocalyptic for a single country/region (like Eastern Europe under Generalplan Ost) or does it have to be a near- worldwide calamity?

Let's stick to near-worldwide calamities for this one. (Though obviously the map can focus on a single country or region that has been affected by broader events.)

One challenge down, five to go.

Backstop? What Backstop? (aka Greener Pastures II, a re-run of MotF 98)
Make a map showing a legal discrepancy between countries that prompts related border traffic.

The Boy Who Lived
Make a map of a country with its former political system surviving to the present day.

I Love You, You Pay My Rent

Make a map of a fiscal redistribution scheme.

Making The Best Of An Awkward Situation
Make a map of a place, project or other endeavor that has been abandoned by the group that started it.

Our Father's Father Says That Things Were Better Then
Make a map depicting an attempted or successful socio-economic or socio-cultural political backlash. (Wahhabi-influenced Political Islam? Chavista Venezuela? Western World Alt-Right? You name it!)

You Pan Handle It!

Make a map of a nation with a panhandle

All That is Divided Must Be United!

Make a map of a nation (not based on ASB or Future History) where a historical (or made up) pan-nationalist movement is successful

Tell Me, Do You Bleed?

Make a map of a nation that has been humiliated, conquered, oppressed, and/or partitioned by its former victims

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Make a map of a nation that has been sent straight to hell with an outrageously insane government

A Lannister Always Pays His Debts

Make a map of a nation that has gotten payback against a nation(s) for wrongdoing

Last edited:

Deleted member 107125

You Pan Handle It!

Make a map of a nation with a panhandle

All That is Divided Must Be United!

Make a map of a nation (not based on ASB or Future History) where a historical (or made up) pan-nationalist movement is successful

Tell Me, Do You Bleed?

Make a map of a nation that has been humiliated, conquered, oppressed, and/or partitioned by its former victims

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Make a map of a nation that has been sent straight to hell with an outrageously insane government

A Lannister Always Pays His Debts

Make a map of a nation that has gotten payback against a nation(s) for wrongdoing
1 and 2 sound the best

Does this include ASB/wank? And does the basemap have to be original?

Yes, there is no restriction on the plausibility of maps entered in this contest.

You are not required to create a basemap yourself (the classic World-a and its descendants are fine, for example) but your entry should be recognizably your own work.