A Shining Valley - The Great Desert Lake in California

Soon™

In seriousness right now I have the following planned already so....
Eureka wiki article (requested)
Politics overhaul 2.0 (National Union article expansion, 2016 election redux, faction infographic, fusion parties)
Economist news article
Troubles wiki article
Secret Service wiki article
List of Presidents (requested)

Damn. Politics overhaul looks crazy.

I always like alt news articles, especially the little details in the recommended news tab, so that'll be fun too.

Good luck!

Well I figured out the Presidents more or less that are OTL figures, I just need to create alternate Presidents now. I do need to figure out the Vice-Presidents though.
Maybe you could make Robert Todd Lincoln be a VP then. I know he was firmly against taking the offices of President or VP in OTL, but since this is an ATL that diverges before the Civil War you could probably get away with it

For a bit of history, before the 25th Amendment it was traditional that the Vice Presidency remain unfilled if the former VP was sworn in as President. For example Andrew Johnson never had a Vice President he was sworn in after the death of Lincoln OTL, and the same happened here when Joseph Lane became President.

Whoops, forgot Lane was Douglas’ VP and had thought he was directly elected

The Secret Service
bUFKpzv.png

Last edited:
Basically the SS is this universe's FBI. Do they still have the duties of protecting the President?
Basically yea, the Federal Marshals fill that role of protecting the President actually as well as being the main federal law enforcement agency.

Last edited:
Next you'll be saying there's a General Statistical Policy Office.
Who says there won't be ;)
This is a very impressive timeline! Great work!
Thank you very much!
To be fair, it's possible that in some other universe, there's someone going 'CIA huh? Pretty unfortunate acronym, the Central Integralist Alliance devastated half of Europe'.
Basically this but any organization or group that would share the initials CCC