Should we change this title to "The Big 4 comics industry"

• Yes

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Yes but it will have to change when Image comics is formed?

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • No Fawcett comics survives is a good title

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've been thinking. Now that DC has Fox Features, will they just sit on it throughout the 60s like they did with Fawcett? Do nothing with it until some point in the 70s where they start doing stuff with Earth-F and...IDK, Stardust or something. I mean Captain Marvel has always been DC's ''Other Superman'' ever since they reintroduced him. Could The Super Wizard fill the same roll?

@Igeo654 From a private conversation with @THeaven
With both DC and Marvel being bought out by other companies in the late 60s (DC by Kinney National Company in 1967 and Marvel by Cadence Industries in 1968) who will be the one to buy out Fawcett?
I don't know
I do have a fascination with the likes of RKO, Fox Films, DuMont, and Mutual that the for could be owned by a non OCD Howard Hughes alongside Fawcett in 1969, maybe?
Any thoughts?

@Igeo654 From a private conversation with @THeaven

Any thoughts?

I would hold off the purchase for a few decades. Wait till 1985 when HBO is in it's prime and have THEM buy Fawcett. Might be better for the company overall, TBH. Instead of focussing on Reality TV in the future, they could become more animation based. And before anyone says that MTV would then be a strictly ADULT animation studio, I have, in my childhood, seen cable listings on the MTV channel, for reruns of Spongebob. I think they could do adult AND family entertainment too. Does anyone remember The Maxx animated series from OTL? A line of Fawcett Animated Shows from MTV could work. Behold!

And to complement the Non-Liquid Tv block of programming, here's a new kids network to make Nick, CN, Fox Kids and Disney Afternoon feel uneasy.

latest

Last edited:
I would hold off the purchase for a few decades. Wait till 1985 when HBO is in it's prime and have THEM buy Fawcett. Might be better for the company overall, TBH. Instead of focusing on Reality TV in the future, they could become more animation based. And before anyone says that MTV would then be a strictly ADULT animation studio, I have, in my childhood, seen cable listings on the MTV channel, for reruns of Spongebob. I think they could do adult AND family entertainment too. Does anyone remember The Maxx animated series from OTL? A line of Fawcett Animated Shows from MTV could work.
I can't imagine them surviving that long on their own. ITTL both HBO and MTV can still do programs without owning them, plus neither are as big as Disney or Warner.

On a side note I think we may need to start introducing original characters, them entire industry is not going to run the same ITTL as OTL.

And to complement the Non-Liquid Tv block of programming, here's a new kids network to make Nick, CN, Fox Kids and Disney Afternoon feel uneasy.

latest
Only if they music videos too. Also HBO is own by Warner who own DC and MTV is own by Viacom. So having a conglomerate owning Fawcett starting in the late 60s makes sense.

I would hold off the purchase for a few decades. Wait till 1985 when HBO is in it's prime and have THEM buy Fawcett. Might be better for the company overall, TBH. Instead of focussing on Reality TV in the future, they could become more animation based. And before anyone says that MTV would then be a strictly ADULT animation studio, I have, in my childhood, seen cable listings on the MTV channel, for reruns of Spongebob. I think they could do adult AND family entertainment too. Does anyone remember The Maxx animated series from OTL? A line of Fawcett Animated Shows from MTV could work. Behold!

latest
Nickelodeon was owned by MTV during the 80's and 90s

Nickelodeon was owned by MTV during the 80's and 90s

Here's how it would work. in 1970, CBS Enterprises becomes Viacom and shortly afterwards buys the Fawcett. 23 years later, after several short-lived animated series in the 70s and early to mid-80s, Viacom hands full animation duties over to MTV's animation department, following the success of it's The Maxx television series, it's first Fawcett shows come out in the early 90s and continue throughout the decade, ending up on Nickelodeon, which would probably change the fate of the network.

Last edited:
So, anyway. You said Earlier that The Fawcett Brainiac would be a retooling of Mr. Atom. Does this mean that he shares the same design only with a few details from the DC brainiac of OTL, or something else?

So, anyway. You said Earlier that The Fawcett Brainiac would be a retooling of Mr. Atom. Does this mean that he shares the same design only with a few details from the DC brainiac of OTL, or something else?
He is still an alien robot scientist of from the the planet Colu however the design for him can be up for anything but should be inspired by 1950s-early 60s science fiction movies

He is still an alien robot scientist of from the the planet Colu however the design for him can be up for anything but should be inspired by 1950s-early 60s science fiction movies

Well, when I think Brainiac meets Mr. Atom, I think of something that looks rather like this.

latest

So, any new updates?

Last edited:
220px-Showcase_22.png

After achieving great success in 1956 in reviving the Golden Age character The Flash, DC editor Julius Schwartz looked toward recreating the Green Lantern from the Golden Age of Comic Books. Drawing from his love for science-fiction, Schwartz intended to show the new Green Lantern in a more modern light, enlisting writer John Broome and artist Gil Kane, who in 1959 would reintroduce Green Lantern to the world in Showcase #22 (October 1959) by creating Hal Jordan.
With the success of their other new characters Flash, Jonn Jhozn the Martian Detective, Batwoman and now Green Lantern an idea of a team to take on Fawcett's Legion was proposed only this team would be set up with characters with their own solo books like the Justice Society of old

A new Legion member Vulcan Boy
dddr4x0-dcdd6a2c-784a-4214-83ae-414ee896e1dc.png

Personally, I would be partial to the name "Kid Vulcan" and I imagine that he would replace OTL's Sun Boy/Fire Lad? The costume looks similar and has fire-based powers like Dirk Morgana. The early roster of TTL's Legion of Super-Heroes will be interesting to see has many of the early members were created by Joe Siegel and Jim Mooney as part of Supergirl's adventures. However, that Siegel and Mooney could just as easily be working on Mary Marvel and create counterparts. As I see it this is how I would see the likelihood of the Silver Age roster being.

Definitely
Star Boy (an Otto Binder creation)

Maybe
Triplicate Girl (Siegel creation)
Phantom Girl (Siegel)
Chameleon Boy (Siegel)
Colossal Boy (Siegel)
Invisible Kid (Siegel)
Shrinking Violet (Siegel)
Bouncing Boy (Siegel)
Matter-Eater Lad (Siegel)
Ultra Boy (Siegel)
Element Lad (Edmond Hamilton creation)
Lightning Lass (Hamilton)
Dream Girl (Hamilton)
Timber Wolf (Hamilton)

Unlikely
Karate Kid (Jim Shooter creation, unlikely as it was Mort Weisenger who hired a then 13-year-old Shooter.)
Princess Projectra (Shooter)
Ferro Lad (Shooter)
Shadow Lass (Shooter)
Chemical King (Shooter)

Personally, I would be partial to the name "Kid Vulcan" and I imagine that he would replace OTL's Sun Boy/Fire Lad? The costume looks similar and has fire-based powers like Dirk Morgana. The early roster of TTL's Legion of Super-Heroes will be interesting to see has many of the early members were created by Joe Siegel and Jim Mooney as part of Supergirl's adventures. However, that Siegel and Mooney could just as easily be working on Mary Marvel and create counterparts. As I see it this is how I would see the likelihood of the Silver Age roster being.

Definitely
Star Boy (an Otto Binder creation)
Triplicate Girl (Siegel creation)
Phantom Girl (Siegel)
Chameleon Boy (Siegel)
Colossal Boy (Siegel)
Invisible Kid (Siegel)
Shrinking Violet (Siegel)
Bouncing Boy (Siegel)
Matter-Eater Lad (Siegel)
Ultra Boy (Siegel)
Element Lad (Edmond Hamilton creation)
Lightning Lass (Hamilton)
Dream Girl (Hamilton)
Timber Wolf (Hamilton)

NO
Karate Kid (Jim Shooter creation, unlikely as it was Mort Weisenger who hired a then 13-year-old Shooter.)
Ferro Lad (Shooter)
Shadow Lass (Shooter)
Chemical King (Shooter)
Edmond Hamilton will definitely be on the Fawcett payroll. However Dreamgirl and Timber Wolf might be allies of Minute-man instead. While Shooter creations will be members of DC comics Teen Titans

Unlikely
Ferro Lad (Shooter)
Shadow Lass (Shooter)
Chemical King (Shooter)

So, all we need to do is figure out how to replace all of those guys? Easy. Just buy another failing company and Legionise the Golden Age roster. Eastern Colour Printing could be the place to go. here. I'm thinking Hydro Lad, Rainbow Boy, Maid O'Metal, Light Adam, (Black Adam's descendant) and Zombie Girl would be good stand-ins.

View attachment 479716
After achieving great success in 1956 in reviving the Golden Age character The Flash, DC editor Julius Schwartz looked toward recreating the Green Lantern from the Golden Age of Comic Books. Drawing from his love for science-fiction, Schwartz intended to show the new Green Lantern in a more modern light, enlisting writer John Broome and artist Gil Kane, who in 1959 would reintroduce Green Lantern to the world in Showcase #22 (October 1959) by creating Hal Jordan.
With the success of their other new characters Flash, Jonn Jhozn the Martian Detective, Batwoman and now Green Lantern an idea of a team to take on Fawcett's Legion was proposed only this team would be set up with characters with their own solo books like the Justice Society of old

So, with GL now back and Fawcett Re-Making Bulletman as a response to Flash, what will their response to this be? The return of Funnyman or the return of Captain Midnight? Perhaps Both and Spy Smasher, now that the Justice League is on the way? Would be a great time to re-make the Crime Crusaders Club into something with a new name. Maybe Shazam's Squadron of Justice?

Last edited:
So, all we need to do is figure out how to replace all of those guys? Easy. Just buy another failing company and Legionise the Golden Age roster. Eastern Colour Printing could be the place to go. here. I'm thinking Hydro Lad, Rainbow Boy, Maid O'Metal, Light Adam, (Black Adam's descendant) and Zombie Girl would be good stand-ins.
So, with GL now back and Fawcett Re-Making Bulletman as a response to Flash, what will their response to this be? The return of Funnyman or the return of Captain Midnight? Perhaps Both and Spy Smasher, now that the Justice League is on the way? Would be a great time to re-make the Crime Crusaders Club into something with a new name. Maybe Shazam's Squadron of Justice?
OK Fawcett can't keep pulling a Disney and Buy properties because of competition came up with a hit. It makes them look creatively bankrupt as for the Green Lantern problem simple have Fawcett lease the Lensmen for adaptation