How should 1983 Doomsday have gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
What should the world be like in 2019?

What should’ve happened to the USA, USSR, UK, Europe, South Africa, Australia etc?

I’m doing this because apparently it’s too optimistic.

About a 90% eventual world population die back. Only regional or large local areas unmarked by the total global thermal nuclear war. Bombs tended to be big back then. Some surface burst areas still very hot. Life would go on. Probably areas non affected except for possible EMP damage. Probably a world tech setback to about 1900 AD. I myself would be very dead. Overlapping big craters. Forty thousand rads.

The major concern would be smaller ongoing nuclear exchanges or targeting. Regional conventional wars. Natural resource wars. Political wars. Things would continue to get worse for another 50 years before world recovery begins. By then the aforementioned 90% population die back.would have occurred. Again some areas wiped out, ... some areas left untouched. Difficult to forecast back then. Yikes!

What should the world be like in 2019?

What should’ve happened to the USA, USSR, UK, Europe, South Africa, Australia etc?

I’m doing this because apparently it’s too optimistic.

2019 would be differnet from ours. Think of it like Fall Out, Metro, The Day After, and Threads for those affected areas that were hit by the bombs. The Southern Hemisphere which was less affected would be much better off.

the majority of posters here ( who wouldn't be posting here because the internet would not have spread) would be very, very dead.

North American Europe and East Asian would have been bomb back to the stone age. The Fall out would cause colder winter and crops failures the global economy would come crashing down. All the pollution radiation and the nuclear winter would cause a max extinction. Expect a 90 plus death rate in the rest of the world . Best cause scenario a return to early modern levels in development In the Mid East south American and Oceania. Africa relies heavily on foreign aid they would be the hardest hit surviving area they could be a century or two behind the rest.

What happens to Brazil, Argentina, South Africa and Australia?

Brazil became the next powerhouse of South America and basically, the entire world.

Argentina united with Uruguay and became the United American Republic.

South Africa collapsed into many states and is balkanized. Part is controlled by New Britain while there is an Orange Free State, a nation called KwaZhoSa, and the RZA which is jointly administered by the ANZC and SAC.

Australia is considered to the successor of America having formed a commonwealth with New Zealand and other Pacific Islands including former U.S. territories.

It would be a good time to live on some island in the middle of the Indian Ocean or the mountains of Madagascar.

Maybe they don't get many if any direct nuclear effects but import-dependent places, particularly figurative or literal islands, will be hating life in a hurry as their shipments immediately cease. Reunion Island will probably never see a mushroom cloud or enemy battleship, even from a far distance, but can they feed themselves in the long-term future?

Brazil became the next powerhouse of South America and basically, the entire world.

Argentina united with Uruguay and became the United American Republic.

South Africa collapsed into many states and is balkanized. Part is controlled by New Britain while there is an Orange Free State, a nation called KwaZhoSa, and the RZA which is jointly administered by the ANZC and SAC.

Australia is considered to the successor of America having formed a commonwealth with New Zealand and other Pacific Islands including former U.S. territories.
I disagree with the South Africa part. They would of probably crushed the black rebellions and with autarky and no superpowers to stick their noses in. They would've succeeded and would be more repressive and get away with it, not to mention the flood of European and North American refugees to bolster the white population. By 2019 it could look like this: https://www.deviantart.com/moxn/art/Picking-up-the-Pieces-in-Africa-653423780

I disagree with the South Africa part. They would of probably crushed the black rebellions and with autarky and no superpowers to stick their noses in. They would've succeeded and would be more repressive and get away with it, not to mention the flood of European and North American refugees to bolster the white population. By 2019 it could look like this: https://www.deviantart.com/moxn/art/Picking-up-the-Pieces-in-Africa-653423780

Not to mention they had around 6-7 nuclear weapons at this period.

Also in the 1983: Doomsday canon, Nelson Mandela was killed when a SADF fighter jet bombs his supporters' base in 1984.

the us should have probably pulled a peshawar lancers type situation in mexico, with a US that's reclaimed the southwest by 2019. the fact that it's a government centered in mexico city running texas/california again would probably be seen as quite an irony

That's kind of what I was implying. The Angrezi Raj in Peshawar lancer became essentially another indian dynasty in time, so apply that analogy to the 10-15 million american refugees in Mexico.

That's kind of what I was implying. The Angrezi Raj in Peshawar lancer became essentially another indian dynasty in time, so apply that analogy to the 10-15 million american refugees in Mexico.
Yeah, because a bunch of tired and starving refugees trying to topple a government is obviously the same as an empire relocating their government and aristocracy to one of their colonial possessions.:rolleyes:

Geon

Donor
Yeah, aside from suffering economic collapse and fallout from the Northern Hemisphere.:rolleyes:

While I could understand economic collapse would fallout be a problem? According to someone I talked with elsewhere discussing the film On the Beach - the first version - fallout would not be a problem for the Southern Hemisphere supposedly because of the wind patterns there would be no exchange of fallout particles. I'm no meteorologist so could someone comment on this.

I believe the worst would be over for much if not most of the world, but we would be well within the recovery period. TTL 2019 would be still a post-war austerity scenario, and proper normality would be a few decades away. Some countries would be ahead in the reconstruction stage (either through luck or being less hit, or having an easier access to aid and trade with non affected areas).

Status
Not open for further replies.