Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

I'll probably play Yunnan first and have the KMT take power. My ideal game would see the KMT take power and reconcile throughout southern China and push forward in a final Northern Expedition.

I'll probably play Yunnan first and have the KMT take power. My ideal game would see the KMT take power and reconcile throughout southern China and push forward in a final Northern Expedition.
Left-KMT would be pretty fun too, yeah. Though honestly, I thought you'd prefer playing Liangguang since they have the most diplomatic option for reunifying China and that would keep the casualties to a minimum.

Left-KMT would be pretty fun too, yeah. Though honestly, I thought you'd prefer playing Liangguang since they have the most diplomatic option for reunifying China and that would keep the casualties to a minimum.
Oh I probably will and they are definitely my second choice. I want to play Yunnan first so I can watch how the AI works and figure out just where everything stands. An observer game before diving head first into the action. And I definitely plan on playing the Left KMT eventually before moving north to play Qing and Fengtian.

Deleted member 92121

I'm surprised a project like that would be so open to shifting course so many times.
It's the constant changing of devs.

Sometimes a new Dev comes in and keeps insisting on "Perfect lore", and criticizes everything that doesn't make 100% historical sense, even if at the cost of a good narrative or fun concepts.

Other times someone is just obsessed with one specific idea, and will fight any sense of logic or larger scale vision to implement said idea.

This constant flow of devs coming in and out, with people having to learn all the plans, and coming up with their "that could be cool, BUT, what about..." can make the process very slow.

There needs to be an effort to catalog all of the sub-mods associated with KR, and if possible, trying to bundle complementary ones with each other. Since they flesh out the universe with alternate possibilities rejected or ignored by the devs.

There needs to be an effort to catalog all of the sub-mods associated with KR, and if possible, trying to bundle complementary ones with each other. Since they flesh out the universe with alternate possibilities rejected or ignored by the devs.

The Soviet Union submod is an underrated one, that's a good one to start with.

The focus shortening submod is practically mandatory. But those are the only ones I can think of that are anything more than flavor. Even if the players who use the Victoria Louise submod would disagree.

Last edited:
i really want to play kaisereich but i dont know how to play hoi 4 :tiredface:

It’s Paradox’s easiest game to learn, it’s a little overwhelming at first but you can learn the gist pretty quick.

To be honest I only played an hour or so of base game HOI4, then I played Kassierreich.

If playing base pick the US because you don’t have to worry about a lot of things so it should be easy to learn from their.

If playing kassierreich play a small nation, I think Bolivia is a great one one, that shows you how to fight in small but manageable ways and learn the basic gameplay.

Last edited:
It’s Paradox’s easiest game to learn, it’s a little overwhelming at first but you can learn the gist pretty quick.

To be honest I only played an hour or so of base game HOI4, then I played Kassierreich.

If playing base pick the US because you don’t have to worry about a lot of things so it should be easy to learn from their.

If playing kassierreich play a small nation, I think Bolivia is a great one one, that shows you how to fight in small but manageable ways and learn the basic gameplay.
I always felt like smaller countries were a bit frustrating for a first playthrough, what with the tiny industrial base and all that.

I always felt like smaller countries were a bit frustrating for a first playthrough, what with the tiny industrial base and all that.
I prefer the limited aspect of a smaller observer nation at first. Imagine going into a US game completely blind in Kaiserreich with no context about it. Back in the old version where Canada and Mexico could potentially go to war with you and you get about 15 events in two days and you have no idea what's going on.

I bring up that example because that's exactly how my first Kaiserreich game went. A smaller nation (but not undeveloped small) is a great start. I recommend Greece or Bulgaria for any first time players. Or basically anywhere in South America. Sure lack of industry can be frustrating, but too much too fast can be overwhelming.

I prefer the limited aspect of a smaller observer nation at first. Imagine going into a US game completely blind in Kaiserreich with no context about it. Back in the old version where Canada and Mexico could potentially go to war with you and you get about 15 events in two days and you have no idea what's going on.

I bring up that example because that's exactly how my first Kaiserreich game went. A smaller nation (but not undeveloped small) is a great start. I recommend Greece or Bulgaria for any first time players. Or basically anywhere in South America. Sure lack of industry can be frustrating, but too much too fast can be overwhelming.
NatPop Switzerland is a great observer nation. Not much gameplay unless you want it but a good way to see how things turn out.

Yeah but not having much of in the way of existing forces and industries to reorganize at the beginning is very helpful when starting.

Also Austria is pretty good for a ‘second game’/ first major power. You more or less have complete control when dealing with major powers, have some resources and pop, got flavor events. Etc