TL-191: Featherston's Finest - Uniforms, Weapons, and Vehicles of the CSA and Freedom Party

Has anyone talked about the development of Confederate Submersibles during the course of the Great Wars?
I stand corrected, we did briefly discuss CS subs a while back here. Here's a design based on that discussion.

CSA  Sub.gif

I'm thinking its a late war design that never got past one prototype being built before war's end. This weapon system was designed for retaliating against the Union for the mass heavy bombing campaign waged against the Confederacy.

Union newsmen nicknamed the Confederate flying bombs "Buzzers" because of its loud buzzing noise that could be heard from great distances.
The design used various ideas and technology used by the British and the French on their submarines and other experimental naval vessels.

The vessel was dubbed the CSS Gator.

Last edited:
I stand corrected, we did briefly discuss CS subs a while back here. Here's a design based on that discussion.

View attachment 478844

I'm thinking its a late war design that never got past one prototype being built before war's end. This weapon system was designed for retaliating against the Union for the mass heavy bombing campaign waged against the Confederacy.
The design used various ideas and technology used by the British and the French on their submarines and other experimental naval vessels.

Needs a name, open to suggestions.

How about Buzzer because of the Buzz Bomb?

View attachment 478844

Needs a name, open to suggestions.
I'd go with Gator or Bull Whale.

I drew my own interpretation of the Dire Wolf. I "britified" a KV-1 hull and modified a VK45.01(p) turret to make it less of a kitbash as well as changed the 50mm gun from the text to a variant of the 57mm 3-pounder gun to make it less exactly a Panzer III or exactly a Tiger or anything like that.

ddg0nua-02dea40f-d710-4a50-88f7-8996eb6e077a.png

I'll probably also do the Mark 4 and Mark 5 barrels sometime soon, although I have different ideas in mind for those than in this thread.

How about this for a Confederate side arm?

WolverineR.jpg

Its called the Wolverine and I think it was made in the 1960's but it wasn't a big seller and the company went out of business. I think it was a 9mm, it's a rare gun.

Well they look like Aryan Brotherhood members. So I'm guessing the idea is that they are some sort of neo-confederates but it doesn't really work imho because unlike the OTL Nazi's the Freedom Party don't seem to have gone in for Germanic Paganism and occultism.

Well they look like Aryan Brotherhood members. So I'm guessing the idea is that they are some sort of neo-confederates but it doesn't really work imho because unlike the OTL Nazi's the Freedom Party don't seem to have gone in for Germanic Paganism and occultism.
It could be possible that new-Confederates could try to emphasize their “superior Anglo-Saxon roots”.