Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the Japanese even attack in the first place

i don't think wiping out basically an ENTIRE country can be used as justification for 'lenience in reality'

and then there's also uh
the asia section
and the africa section...
I'll be real with you I'm at work and so some of the wording might be bad and I just not be able to see. Just. Whitewashed confederates that are just "the US but south and with a funky accent" annoy me

I will give @Mr. Orwell's map credit. Its one of the first to at least try to really show the full ramifications of "the South literally would destroy everything if it meant sustaining slavery and the Southern Way of Life"

Hell on Earth comparable to if the Nazis won WWII. In either case, the Soviets would be preferable. The Soviets may have been bastards much of the time, but they at least had principles.

So no anime.

Now that would be the Confederacy's biggest crime against culture. Unforgivable.

Hell on Earth comparable to if the Nazis won WWII. In either case, the Soviets would be preferable. The Soviets may have been bastards much of the time, but they at least had principles.
I will say the one time I tried to make a CSA victory map recently, I had to stop because I knew people who IRL ended up being actual sex slaves because of how much of a failure southern administration is today and writing about fictional ones just makes me angry and spiteful.

I like the map... but you sure killed a looot of butterflies there, pal.

This was my trying to be a bit more realisitic take on the movie CSA: The Confederate States of America, I actually did my research of the movie's timeline and tried to throw in information they didn't put

Did the Japanese even attack in the first place

As said before, this is based off of the movie, the CSA saw Japan as a threat and attacked first

I will give @Mr. Orwell's map credit. Its one of the first to at least try to really show the full ramifications of "the South literally would destroy everything if it meant sustaining slavery and the Southern Way of Life"

I mentioned in the 30s the CSA in favor of mechanization and sanctions that weren't helping the economy, the CSA banned slavery but they treated African-American's horribly

It is based on the book cover, so it can be put down to the artist. Keep in mind, on that book cover the distance between Newfoundland and Ireland is less than the real distance between London and Iceland. Neither the map on th ebooks nor this page shoes the Azore Islands and I really feel the Portuguese would have noticed the mountains on the horizon. Maybe. I don't know how close something needs to be seen on the horizon.

It's cannon that there were islands south of Atlantis that stayed in French hands and were used for growing sugar. One of Turtledove's characters muses about a successful slave rebellion on one of them.

Worlda scale remake of a Rome in South America map.
Alien space bats were involved.
romanthing worlda.png

That's one hell of a sail there
I mean, there are theories that the Romans or even peoples earlier than that managed to sail to the Americas. And Carthage at its height managed to send explorers from North Africa to modern-day Nigeria, with very few rest stops in between. If the Romans hug the coast or go from Colombia to the Caribbean, it's not as improbable a journey.

I mean, there are theories that the Romans or even peoples earlier than that managed to sail to the Americas. And Carthage at its height managed to send explorers from North Africa to modern-day Nigeria, with very few rest stops in between. If the Romans hug the coast or go from Colombia to the Caribbean, it's not as improbable a journey.
Nothing substantiated. I mean, I'm all for pre-columbian trans-oceanic contact with 1350s Mali for example. But that's a big jump for Roman boats.

We're talking about going around all of south america there, which is a step harder than sailing from Carthage to Nigeria (reportedly)

We're talking about going around all of south america there, which is a step harder than sailing from Carthage to Nigeria (reportedly)
The "Romans in South America" map is an ISOT. I believe a bunch of Roman cities were sent across the seas to the Pacific Coast of South America, no sailing involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.