Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes V (Do Not Post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ted Bundy was part of the RNC in the 60s if I recall correctly. I've always wanted to do wikiboxes where people who became criminals and killers like didn't have a bad lot in life and instead became happy and successful; like Ed Kemper becoming a police chief and Manson becomes a successful musician
I'd like to see that. Also Jim Jones should be included.

Another post from my Führerreich to the present TL. This time, the first post for this TL that has nothing to do with politics or geopolitics, here's Deutschpop, the genre of German-language pop music that's sweeping the world and is notorious on the internet for having fans who say "well they should've stanned Monda" in response to political assassinations on the news. No images unfortunately, as I couldn't find German boy bands or girl groups that worked for this

Deutschpop.PNG

NKJ.PNG

Monda.PNG

Last edited:
I couldn't resist ;)
ddc7qid-ebf8a218-161e-4ae2-9f74-481c24079b49.jpg
I was quite literally about to make one of these

So I did.

Can't Stop Won't Stop

QDMZ1Bp.png

When the daily finally came around, people actually showed up en-masse to run at Area 51. Immediately they were met with what has been described as 'camo dudes', who attempted to ward them off. Several hundred managed to run interference on the patrols or find alternate routes, only to be met with actual military with actual big guns. The entire thing becomes a media firestorm where the soldiers, unprovoked, open fire on a crowd of participants dressed in cosplay. Hospitals are overcrowded, and when they're patched up, they are hauled off to jail cells for their upcoming trials. A few actually claim to have made it to the facility itself, which is unlikely, considering that there is a sixteen-hundred square kilometer distance between the perimeter and the actual base itself, convincing cgi be damned!

Another post from my Führerreich to the present TL. This time, the first post for this TL that has nothing to do with politics or geopolitics, here's Deutschpop, the genre of German-language pop music that's sweeping the world and is notorious on the internet for having fans who say "well they should've stanned Monda" in response to political assassinations on the news. No images unfortunately, as I couldn't find German boy bands or girl groups that worked for this

View attachment 475564
View attachment 475565
View attachment 475566
I guess krautrock didn't exist ITTL? Because it probably would've been an influence on Deutschpop.

Last edited:

View attachment 475791
View attachment 475565
View attachment 475566
I updated the first infobox in this post because @AltFuture reminded me Krautrock is a thing, and also added some more flavor that shows it has local scenes in Austria, Schleswig-Holstein, and the Rhineland, which are all independent ITTL

unknown.png

A barebones election infobox for the Concordian Confederation, as a system of voting, has not yet been decided yet! Though it runs down all the major parties of this country, as well as the figures associated with.

unknown.png

Infobox for the Chief Councilor.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Hi, @Newne76 ! That is very interesting! What became of the American Revolutionary Calendar - are any dates still given in the ARC? Was it as revolutionary as the French Revolutionary Calendar?

Also, this USA seems to be quite militarist and/or reactionary and/or extremely religious (and under the yoke of groups like Jehovah's Witnesses or even worse religious sects). Am I right?

And now, a load of question:

Why did the military believe it necessary to stage a coup during the Symington term? What were they against so heavily? Civil rights for African-Americans (and/or other minorities) maybe? How did The Grand Purge go - do I have to imagine a Stalin-like purge with Gulags and mass murdering forced labour etc.?

Why was Paris nuked during the Goldwater term? What is the "Atheist Act" - sounds like an act banning/persecuting atheists? For what reason should one persecute Atheists? And why did the US lead war against Canada?
What the heck was the US doing in the European Free Trade Association and why did Perot think Amexit was a good idea? Was it a good idea or not?

Why was Spain then nuked (back to the stone age?) in the Dole Term? What were the Fjord Attacks and why was Norway invaded?

Who nuked Washington D.C. in the Perot term? Why are nukes applied so generously ITTL?

What were the "colonial empires" doing and why did they collapse all of a sudden during the Christ term? Who staged and who fell victim to the "June 1999 Attacks" (probably has something to do with Indonesia, although with that sort of militarist America, I can also imagine them invading Indonesia for no real reason)?
What was the "Wonderbread Scandal"?
Huh?

How in the Name of the Great Bear in the Sky did you think that: "under the yoke of groups like Jehovah's Witnesses or even worse religious sects" when there is NOTHING in the member's post you are replying to about religion, even in passing, for any of politicians listed nor are ANY of the ones listed for the entire 20th or 21st Century members of the Jehovah Witnesses (thanks, BTW, for making me look up the religion of a pack of never were political leaders just for shits and giggles on your part) was going to pass muster?

I'm half tempted to Ban you, this is, after all, going to be your 15th action. However...

Kicked for a week. Know, for a fact, that this is your LAST CHANCE.

So I was going through an old infobox thread when I came across a cool trend. People took election polling on their date-of-birth and made election infoboxes out of them. I thought this was a very nice idea so I made a few for my birthday:

(Shoutout to @Oppo for help with the Canadian one)

Sep72002.png

Sep72002Canada.svg.png

UMNLuTk.png

Louis Ferdinand (November 18, 1772 – July 26, 1814) was King of the United States from September 13, 1804 until his death on July 26, 1814. Before his ascension to the American throne, he was a Prussian prince and a renowned musician, composer, and soldier in the Napoleonic Wars. Elected by the House of Representatives in the first and only royal election, Louis Ferdinand served as the first monarch to serve following the ratification of the 12th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, establishing the American monarchy as a "hereditary office that is to be inherited by future successors of the royal blood of Henry of Hohenzollern", effectively solidifying the House of Hohenzollern's control over the American monarchy.
Born in the Friedrichsfelde Palace near Berlin, Louis Ferdinand was the third and eldest-surviving son of Prince August Ferdinand of Prussia and Elisabeth Louise of Brandenburg-Schwedt. The prince would play a major role as a Prussian commander in the French Revolutionary Wars, and was wounded during the Siege of Mainz in 1793. Despite these wounds, he would go on to serve during the Battle of Kaiserslautern and would be greatly rewarded for his efforts; by 1800, he would be promoted to lieutenant general and would serve as one of the principal advocates of resuming the war against Napoleon.

In addition to his military accolades, Louis Ferdinand was a noteworthy composer and pianist who was celebrated by his contemporaries. Ludwig van Beethoven dedicated his Third Piano Concerto to him, out of respect for his immense skill. Whilst serving in the court of Frederick William III, he also gained a reputation as a notorious womanizer who fosted numerous illegitimate children with various women. All of his children chose to remain within Europe and refused to leave alongside him to the Americas once he ascended to the American throne in 1804.

As the closest living male relative to the childless Henry I, Louis Ferdinand would be elected as the next monarch of the United States by the House of Representatives in 1804 following a chaotic two-year regency period led by Alexander Hamilton. Despite his partisan history within the Prussian Army and his outspoken beliefs on European politics, he was censored from openly advocating his views within the United States thanks to the new Twelfth Amendment, establishing a hereditary monarchy that was a strictly ceremonial position and severely restricted from participating in any partisan or governmental activities within the nation. He would eventually accept the position and would marry Charlotte Frederica of Mecklenburg-Schwerin in 1805, sailing to the United States in mid-1805 and finally receiving his coronation in January of 1806.

Initially ambitious, charismatic, and eager to establish a Prussian-inspired system of governance within his new country of residence, Louis Ferdinand would be left utterly disappointed at the lack of political power he held as monarch of the United States and would suffer from deep bouts of depression and stress throughout most of his reign, turning to alcohol and extramarital affairs as a form of solace. His poor English and personal disgust with the ideology of consul Thomas Jefferson would further jeopardize his reign in the eyes of the American people, with many commoners viewing him as a foreign occupier with no legitimacy or right to sit on the throne.

By the time he had spent nearly ten years on the throne in 1814, he was a husk of the man he once was: he was severely overweight, riddled with numerous health problems such as hemorrhoids and alcoholism, and spent most of his days wasting away in the Columbia Palace, becoming the first monarch to establish permanent residency within the royal mansion. Hoping to restore his public image in the eyes of the American populace, he would suddenly die in 1814 whilst preparing for a nationwide tour commemorating the tenth anniversary of his ascension to the throne. He would be succeeded by his eight-year-old son Henry II.

Historians and popular opinion regard Louis Ferdinand as one of America's worst public officials—slothful, incompetent, a notorious womanizer, and an alcoholic, his reign nevertheless marked the official beginning of the American monarchy and establishing most of the customs associated with the office. His lack of competence at public office had also ironically strengthened the concept of constitutional sovereignty within the country, with the American public electing a democratic government in Congress to rule over the nation whilst the monarch served as a solely ceremonial and apolitical figurehead that serves to mostly spearhead the diplomatic perception of America abroad. His reign would also oversee the period of rapid democratization undergone by the Jefferson administration and the Barbary Wars of the early 19th century.​

0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0=0

I6jGyst.png

(all credit goes to @Askelion for the design, circa 2012)

The Prussian Scheme
A Monarchical/Parliamentary United States TL

~0~0~0~0~0~

List of Monarchs of the United States
Henry I (1789–1802) • Vacant (1802–04) • Louis Ferdinand (1804–14)

List of Consuls of the United States
George Washington (1789–97) • Alexander Hamilton (1797–1804) • Thomas Pinckney (1804–07) • Thomas Jefferson (1807–15)

ZtXZ3Yu.png

The National Union of America, also known as the Nationals, or simply as the Party, is the dominant political party in the United States and is one of the most successful ones in the West, perplexing political scientists for over a century. Whether the National Union is an incredibly broad and decentralized political party, or whether it is actually a broad political coalition of de facto political parties is up for debate. In addition there is a consensus among the majority of political scientists, that the National Union is so embedded in the American government that it is effectively become a government institution in its own right as a vital part of American governance. Thus it maintains its importance by its own political power. Regardless of what it is, at least according to the Federal Elections Commission, it is registered in 38 states on the state and federal level. While in these other states the National Union does not have an official presence, instead there are affiliated ones. In these states, while the state level parties are still affiliated with the National Union, the Party’s factions formally becomes political parties, which compete with each other. The most famous example is the Citizens of California party, largely representing the non-Californios in the state. Including the affiliated parties, the National Union has supermajorities in both houses of Congress and has held the Presidency for the last ten elections. It may look like the National Union has a firm grip on power in the United States, but if you look closer, the truth is much more complicated.

Instead of a unified political party, in actuality the National Union consists of several competing political factions vying for power. While all the factions agree with empowering labor unions and the need for a market economy, they have significant differences over social and economic issues. A recent national debate over the legalization of same-sex marriage has split the party by its factions. The party’s current major factions can be split into three broad groupings. Christian Labor and Southern Labor form the Conservatives, who combine socially conservative policies with moderate left economics. They draw broad support across the Factory Belt and most of the Sun Belt from conservative ethnic minorities, and low-income whites. The Liberals consist of the Moderate faction, who support both socially and economically liberal policies. They draw support from the middle class, particularly urban areas on the coast, and libertarian-minded voters in the West. Lastly is the Progressive faction, consisting of the imploding Democratic Left and the rising United Left, who support leftist economics and some social reforms. They garner support from religious leftists and the workers of the Midwest. These three broad political groups are enough to cover the political positions of the vast majority of American voters.​

In order to govern however, the National Union had to form a cohesive national policy out of this fractious party. For the past century, this was done through the primary system. The first primary elections were held for 1904 Presidential Election when Theodore Roosevelt ran in the first ever National Union primaries running on his Progressive platform. He found broad support among Americans, but the leadership was able to prevent him from winning the nomination. Enraged, Roosevelt gathered a large coalition of voters in the actual election and won it in a landslide. Once President, Roosevelt demanded reforms to the nomination process and leadership, otherwise he would personally burn the party to the ground. The establishment acquiesced and allowed the reforms, allowing Roosevelt to use the party as a vehicle for the Progressive Era reforms. Not only did the 1904 Elections lay the foundations for the modern National Union and it’s primary system. While all the states would adopt primaries by 1932, it would take several election cycles before reforms were made to allow a more open and democratic selection of the nominee. Even then conflicts remained, especially over the role of superdelegates, winner take all systems, and the bonus delegates rule for first-place finishers. This dispute boiled over in the most infamous defection in 1972, when Sam Young successfully won the Presidency as an independent, after the second place finisher in popular votes became the nominee by a combination of the previously mentioned factors. Further reforms would take place with superdelegates were abolished and the bonus delegates rule being abolished outright. However the winner take all rules were gradually replaced with proportional distribution of delegates over several election cycles. The simplification and standardization of the rules has largely prevented general election defections from occurring in the recent election cycles. Still as a multi-party system emerges and fractional conventions appear to be the new norm, the possibility for chaos still remains, however slight.

tzc8RgE.png

Status
Not open for further replies.