United Republic of the Netherlands; History of the Netherlands
I'm still not gone.

In fact, this time the reason for my absence was because I've been working on this, doing research and then putting the pages together and then trying to find suitable images. But it's done now.

So what part of the world is this?

It's the Netherlands.

Just because it looks the same on the map as OTL doesn't mean it is the same...

Anyway, most of the information is already in the images, so without further ado...

The United Republic of the Netherlands!
Threadhead.png

fayWZyj.png

ANiKtoy.png

Any questions? Requests? Suggestions?​

Given that you mentioned it in the Dutch wiki article, it looks like Neutral Moresnet still exists.

Did Amikejo still happen?

The Republic of Moresnet is indeed independent! One of the smallest nations in Europe, its continued independence was a bit of an accident... more to come soon!

I love that! You are a serious contender of @Kanan and @Erinthecute !

Glad you like it! I’m really not though. They’re a lot better than me.

What is the League Pact and the Charleroi Union?

The League Pact is the military arm of the League of Nations, a NATO-style organisation headed by France and with other significant members including Poland, India and South China.

The Charleroi Union is the common name for the Union of Western European States, an organisation somewhere between the EU and the Continental System. Its critics often derisively refer to it as the Third French Empire.

More to come in both of those organisations and more as I start work on more detail about the Silent War.

But if you have other questions, don’t hesitate to ask!

Monarchs of Eastern Europe
Yep, I'm still here. I'm sure you wish I was gone by now...

Monarchy is much stronger ITTL, especially in Europe, at least partly thanks to a lack of Soviets going around making everyone republican. So let's have a look at a few of these monarchs, shall we?

Threadhead.png

wYnxFag.png

deFFkje.png

Now I constantly end up getting sidetracked, so I'd really appreciate some questions or suggestions or requests to a) keep me on track and b) prevent the thread from constantly dying and being revived - so if you have anything you want to say, fire away!

And because I spent way too long on it and I'm way too proud of it, here's a larger version of the coat of arms of Carpathia that I made.

xE2aoAG.png

Monarchy is much stronger ITTL, especially in Europe, at least partly thanks to a lack of Soviets going around making everyone republican. So let's have a look at a few of these monarchs, shall we?

Now I constantly end up getting sidetracked, so I'd really appreciate some questions or suggestions or requests to a) keep me on track and b) prevent the thread from constantly dying and being revived - so if you have anything you want to say, fire away!

And because I spent way too long on it and I'm way too proud of it, here's a larger version of the coat of arms of Carpathia that I made.

xE2aoAG.png
I know this sounds like a dumb question but what exactly is Carpathia?

Now I constantly end up getting sidetracked, so I'd really appreciate some questions or suggestions or requests

xE2aoAG.png

Awesome, And I douht Anyone wish you were gone...

I’d love to learn more about kidulia, it’s a very interesting country, i’d like to learn more about the austronesian-kidulian culture,the place of indigenous Yolnu in the country, diemensland, it’s economy and development, as well as its relation and history with nusantara and the rest of Indonesia (insulindia?)

Autonomous Region of Diemensland
diemensland

Threadhead.png

pUnlV4Y.png

The Autonomous Region of Diemensland (Indonesian: Daerah Otonomi Diemensland; Dutch: Diemensland Autonoom Gebeid) is an autonomous region of the Republic of Kidulia. Situated in the north-west of the country, it is one of the least populated regions of the country, with a population of less than 150,000.

Diemensland has a tropical monsoon climate, where 90% rain falls during the short wet season, and some of the hottest temperatures on the Australian continent, with the average annual mean temperature around 27° C (81° F). As a result, apart from the aboriginal peoples of the region - estimated to have inhabited the region for 60,000 years - the modern region of Diemensland remained sparsely inhabited well into the 19th century. Settlement in the region initially took the form of land grants given to the Dutch East Indies elite, who took up settlement on large farming stations, often following their retirement from the bureaucracy in Batavia. Upon Kidulia's independence in 1952, the region became officially a part of the new republic, despite a number of movements for the predominantly white, Dutch-speaking region to accede to New Holland. Instead, much of the white population of the region quickly established themselves in the new country's bureaucracy, securing many special privileges for the region of Diemensland, most notably in their exemption from the program of renaming carried out across Kidulia to remove most Dutch place names. Dutch and Indonesian are the official languages, while the capital is Willemstad, located in the west of the province near the border with New Holland. Willemstad is the home of the Legislative Assembly - the legislature for the region, which has remained under the control of the Oranjepartij for over thirty years continuously. Following the end of National Guidance in Kidulia and the return of democracy, the region retained its autonomous status, with significantly greater autonomy than other regions. While being one of the lowest populated regions, it is also one of the richest per capita, thanks to the historic wealth and privileges of the province. Today its primarily agricultural economy is supplemented by resource extraction and tourism, as one of the most visited regions in Kidulia.

-​

Questions?

I've got a whole lot of other ideas in my head - i just have to get them onto paper. Well, not paper - you know what I mean.

The Autonomous Region of Diemensland
-​

Questions?

I've got a whole lot of other ideas in my head - i just have to get them onto paper. Well, not paper - you know what I mean.

Awesome!

I hope it's not too much of a stupid question... but how does/did kidulia feeds itself? More people than live in current australia (although i guess with lower quality of life) in one of the less populated and barren part of the continent is impressive.

My understanding is that the soil in the northern territory are poor due to being very old and that the weather is very variable. And that a lot of the fertilization and farming methods that make the small agriculture economy in the NT possible now are 20th century inventions that wouldn't be available to the early convicts. I've read that there is IRL some potential in increasing the cattle and fruit production of the region but it still seems very small compared to the whole current australia, although it also seems that IRL the fact that it's so isolated from any sizeable markets means that there is little investment so maybe if there is a need to feed millions in the north someone will find a way... I've also read that the Ord river in what would be Diemensland there has some relatively fertile land.

But idk, maybe it would be very dependant on the rest of australia (which can definitely feed the 60 millions or so of inhabitant), but i'm also worried about how they fed themselves during the late 19th century/early 20th century before modern farming and importations from the rest of australia.

I hope it's not too much of a stupid question... but how does/did kidulia feeds itself?
Well they could have adopted some non-European agricultural packages and/or methods that are better suited for the conditions of northern Australia. I wouldn't be willing to bet money on it, but it is a possibility.

Awesome!

I hope it's not too much of a stupid question... but how does/did kidulia feeds itself? More people than live in current australia (although i guess with lower quality of life) in one of the less populated and barren part of the continent is impressive.

My understanding is that the soil in the northern territory are poor due to being very old and that the weather is very variable. And that a lot of the fertilization and farming methods that make the small agriculture economy in the NT possible now are 20th century inventions that wouldn't be available to the early convicts. I've read that there is IRL some potential in increasing the cattle and fruit production of the region but it still seems very small compared to the whole current australia, although it also seems that IRL the fact that it's so isolated from any sizeable markets means that there is little investment so maybe if there is a need to feed millions in the north someone will find a way... I've also read that the Ord river in what would be Diemensland there has some relatively fertile land.

But idk, maybe it would be very dependant on the rest of australia (which can definitely feed the 60 millions or so of inhabitant), but i'm also worried about how they fed themselves during the late 19th century/early 20th century before modern farming and importations from the rest of australia.

Food scarcity in Kidulia is the most severe on the continent, although it's far from crisis levels. In the early days, small-scale agriculture was supported by regular imports of food, although conditions were intentionally harsh. Since then, modern technology and adopting
some non-European agricultural packages and/or methods that are better suited for the conditions of northern Australia

have allowed Kidulia to produce much more food: now only about one third of its food is imported. Historically, and even into the present, grazing has made up most of Kidulia's agricultural economy, and the average Kidulian diet has more meat in it than many other places around the world. Nonetheless, with recent technological advancements, as well as a large series of dams and reservoirs to allow for irrigation, Kidulia is becoming more self-sufficient - and almost all of its imported food comes from elsewhere in Australia.

From an OTL perspective, there's definitely a lot of room for expansion, so the OTL NT could be producing a lot more. Enough to sustain 28 million people? No. But enough to sustain a good proportion of them, and with support from other Australian Union member states, they're doing fairly well.

From the good old ABC:
There's "no doubt" NT could easily triple its current output if all the impediments were removed, said Luke Bowen from the Northern Australia Development Office.

"Soybean, cotton, peanuts, mung beans, chick peas, they're all tropical or semi-tropical crops that can be grown if we develop those growing systems," Mr Owens said.

It's estimated Australia currently feeds about 60 to 80 million people outside of its borders.

I wonder, did the Australian continent see any military engagement? Either some large penal or colonial revolt in kidulia or costa norte, or were there battle between the Dutch and British during the napoleonic war before the British occupation of New Holland? Or were there some skirmishes and military stand-off between french aligned and British aligned troops in Auralia and australiasia during the silent war. Or was the transition in and/or out of the National guidance period peaceful?

This is absolutely amazing, if you dont mind me asking what software do you use when making the maps theyre so good!

Hong Kong
Given recent events...​
Threadhead.png

2YfneYg.png

Hong Kong
is a constituent country of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, situated on the eastern side of the Pearl River estuary in southern China. It borders the Union of China to the north and west. With over 7.4 million people of various nationalities in a 1,104-square-kilometre (426 sq mi) territory, Hong Kong is one of the most densely populated places in the world. Originally a sparsely populated area of farming and fishing villages, the territory has become one of the world's most significant financial centres and commercial ports.

Hong Kong became a colony of the British Empire at the end of the First Opium War in 1842. The territory, originally made up of only the island of Hong Kong, expanded over time to ensure its security, with the British Empire acquiring the Kowloon peninsula in 1860 and obtaining a 99-year lease over the New Territories in 1898. The territory was invaded and annexed by Republican China during the World War, following which the entire colony was ceded in perpetuity to the United Kingdom. Since the 1950s, spurred on by the change in the geopolitical situation in China of the early Silent War, Hong Kong rapidly developed from a colonial backwater into a rich and prosperous city. As the population grew and developed, and the process of decolonisation continued, various calls were made for the independence of Hong Kong, or its incorporation into one of the Chinas. In response, the territory was granted self-government in 1981, under which system almost all internal affairs were regulated by an elected Legislative Council, replacing the colonial-era legislature. As the city developed further, becoming one of the most prosperous parts of the United Kingdom, calls for its full integration into the UK under the Singapore Model grew, and eventually in 1994, Hong Kong became a constituent country of the United Kingdom, with a devolved Assembly granted wide-ranging powers to govern the region, including the abolition of functional constituencies and the phasing out of the Hong Kong dollar for the Commonwealth pound.

Modern Hong Kong is classified as an alpha+ world city, indicating its high level of influence throughout the world. It is one of the most significant global financial centres, and it hosts the largest concentration of ultra high-net-worth individuals of any city in the world. The city has the largest number of skyscrapers in the world, most surrounding Victoria Harbour. Hong Kong consistently ranks high on the Human Development Index, and has one of the highest life expectancies in the world. Although the city has one of the highest per capita incomes in the world, there is severe income inequality.

dddo2ng-e0045bb0-5c39-4352-8076-b432949c1d2f.png

Sorry for the late replies.

This is absolutely amazing, if you dont mind me asking what software do you use when making the maps theyre so good!

Thanks! Glad you like it. I use Inkscape for all my vector maps. It's free (yay!) and fairly simple to use once you get the hang of it.

I wonder, did the Australian continent see any military engagement? Either some large penal or colonial revolt in kidulia or costa norte, or were there battle between the Dutch and British during the napoleonic war before the British occupation of New Holland? Or were there some skirmishes and military stand-off between french aligned and British aligned troops in Auralia and australiasia during the silent war. Or was the transition in and/or out of the National guidance period peaceful?

Oh yes. Some of the more notable ones include:
  • The British occupation of New Holland during the Napoleonic Wars, although (obviously) it was returned afterwards
  • A number of skirmishes along the modern Auralian-Australasian border in the early years of French colonisation
  • A series of miscellaneous penal and native revolts, usually put down by force
  • The Australasian invasion of the German Pacific during the Great Imperial War (technically not the continent, but close enough)
  • The Chinese invasion of the Dutch East Indies saw a Chinese occupation of the sticky-out bit (does it have another name?) of modern Kidulia after Batavia surrendered
  • An attempted military coup in Auralia in the late 60s, which failed and in the long run only entrenched democratic rule
  • And last but certainly not least, the Baudinian Missile Crisis, which nearly brought the world to an end but thankfully didn't (sound familiar?)

Given recent events...​

Hong Kong
is a constituent country of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, situated on the eastern side of the Pearl River estuary in southern China. It borders the Union of China to the north and west. With over 7.4 million people of various nationalities in a 1,104-square-kilometre (426 sq mi) territory, Hong Kong is one of the most densely populated places in the world. Originally a sparsely populated area of farming and fishing villages, the territory has become one of the world's most significant financial centres and commercial ports.

Hong Kong became a colony of the British Empire at the end of the First Opium War in 1842. The territory, originally made up of only the island of Hong Kong, expanded over time to ensure its security, with the British Empire acquiring the Kowloon peninsula in 1860 and obtaining a 99-year lease over the New Territories in 1898. The territory was invaded and annexed by Republican China during the World War, following which the entire colony was ceded in perpetuity to the United Kingdom. Since the 1950s, spurred on by the change in the geopolitical situation in China of the early Silent War, Hong Kong rapidly developed from a colonial backwater into a rich and prosperous city. As the population grew and developed, and the process of decolonisation continued, various calls were made for the independence of Hong Kong, or its incorporation into one of the Chinas. In response, the territory was granted self-government in 1981, under which system almost all internal affairs were regulated by an elected Legislative Council, replacing the colonial-era legislature. As the city developed further, becoming one of the most prosperous parts of the United Kingdom, calls for its full integration into the UK under the Singapore Model grew, and eventually in 1994, Hong Kong became a constituent country of the United Kingdom, with a devolved Assembly granted wide-ranging powers to govern the region, including the abolition of functional constituencies and the phasing out of the Hong Kong dollar for the Commonwealth pound.​

wow, weird to think the UK has both one of the poorest region of the world in northern ireland and some of the richest in Singapore/HK... I'd love to see an infobox of Britain

How integrated are the other territories in malta, Sinai, Gibraltar, Newfoundland, Pitcairn, Andaman and Nicobar (and other if i forgot), which have representation in the House of Common? Also is Bermuda an independant country? It doesn't seem part of the West indies federation

wow, weird to think the UK has both one of the poorest region of the world in northern ireland and some of the richest in Singapore/HK... I'd love to see an infobox of Britain

Already working on it - although no guarantees it'll be up soon - it's a big one!

How integrated are the other territories in malta, Sinai, Gibraltar, Newfoundland, Pitcairn, Andaman and Nicobar (and other if i forgot), which have representation in the House of Common? Also is Bermuda an independant country? It doesn't seem part of the West indies federation

In order of integration:

Roughly equal-ish, and all legally part of the UK, electing members to the House of Commons:
  • Singapore
  • Newfoundland
  • Hong Kong
  • Malta
  • Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Then:
  • Sinai
  • Bermuda
  • British Antarctic Territory (including St Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cuhna)
  • Pitcairn Islands
  • Gibraltar
  • the Crown Dependencies (Isle of Man, Jersey, Guernsey etc)
These territories do not have representation in the House of Commons, and do not legally comprise part of the UK, instead being external territories, although all have some level of local self-government.

Keep the questions coming!