Im still unsure how this fitna will work? Still the umayyad successes will mean they will have support and abbasids cant just murder them like they did otl, so will france and hispania remain loyal to the umayyads?

I can say that Uqba will be an important factor in that, the side he chooses will be the side of france and hispania

*Meanwhile, in the near future...*

16XX, Venice.

"The wall have been breached"

"We cant hold them back, the 3rd Swiss Foot Guard can barely contain them!"

Antonio, Captain of the Holy Militia take a deep breath. 'How could it go into this way?', he wondered. 'Those damn far-east Mohamedian barbarian barely have winter coat, mostly were "donated" by the Turk, their body were smaller than us and using that weird dagger* as weapon beside musket. The damn Pope and the rest of clergy are nowhere to be seen'.

"Enemy sighted! They're coming and forming a firing line. Capt-agughlggh" a tower sentry have been shot down by arrow before he can finished his word.
-----------
Parameswara look at the enemy and say, "Musketeer, take aim" and the rest of his men follow.
"Mak kau hijau!**(yo mama is green!)"

"Mak kau hijau!" His men laugh

"All rank, fire!"

*Bang**bang**bang**bang*

Shot were fired, the suprised and panicked militia can barely form a firing line to exchange shot were cut down by the Malacca's volley fire.

*keris/kris
**old viral stuff:biggrin:

I liked that

I can say that Uqba will be an important factor in that, the side he chooses will be the side of france and hispania
how much influence does he have in hispania that they will follow him? Hispania has a few thousand muslims, France at most a few hundred. Isn't a arab in charge of Hispania.

how much influence does he have in hispania that they will follow him? Hispania has a few thousand muslims, France at most a few hundred. Isn't a arab in charge of Hispania.

Uqba is the wila of Hispania and the troops of France are mostly loyal to him, so you can have an idea of her influence

So, the next chapter will be a summary of what happened in the period between the end of this phase of the story and move on to another, and the next is something that you are all waiting for

Prologue: Chapter 14
Muslim World

And yet more conquests: 741-743

The victories of the caliphate in his recent military incursions had given much encouragement to Hisham, who soon ordered another incursion into the rich lands of India after being repulsed in Navsari (739) and Chittor (740), a large army of 48.000 men is gathered in Al-Sindh for a new attack on Chittor. The siege succeed with the new army, and after that, the Muslims manage to secure control of much of Rajasthan, however, further expeditions in indian soil would be severely repulsed in the coming years, the same would be for counter-attacks of the indians, with a stalemate being found.

Some minor conflicts occur between umayyad and chinese troops on the border at Transoxiana, no major winner in such conflicts for the time being.

Arab administration on Al-Faransa begins, Qarn Al-Waddi, a learned syrian administrator, is sent to be the new wila of Al-Faransa. Although the territory is newly conquered, no major problem occurs, with Al-Waddi not making greater repressions against the christian majority population, this ends up bringing several converts in the first years of umayyad dominion in Al-Faransa.

The european territories of the caliphate are in good hands.

Uqba returns to Al-Andalus after the campaign, he continues to repair the abuses that the population suffered at the hands of the last governor, and with the old visigoth judicial system being applied to the natives. Uqba also ends up making Al-Andalus a refuge for oppressed berbers, with the same being famous for its good treatment of the berbers, this ends up helping in the increase of the muslim population in Iberia, with major berber settlements surging across Iberia. The european territories of the caliphate are in good hands.

Tensions are still very high in Al-Ifriqyia, largely because of the oppressive policies of Ubayd Allah ibn al-Habhab, yet, no further revolt occurs, although many conspiracies are armed.

In the Byzantine Empire, in 742, Constantine V crosses anatolia to begin his counterattack against the muslims, but, at the same time, his brother-in-law, Artabasdos (Stratēgos of the Opsikion Theme) rebelled. However, in a few months the rebellion was suppressed because Constantine was not far from the revolt, since Opsikion was literally the basis of the attack. (Remember that I said that the arabs capturing Akroinon was going to be important later), but that forces Constantine to delay its offensive for next summer.

On 6 February 743, Caliph Hisham ibn Abd al-Malik dies of natural causes, and is succeeded by his nephew Walid ibn Yazid ibn Abd al-Malik, Walid ends up giving up his idea of arresting the son of the ancient caliph, Sulayman ibn Hisham, due to his great popularity (even bigger than in OTL) after the capture of Akroinon (Remember that I said that the Arabs capturing Akroinon was going to be important after 2: Electric Boogaloo), since this could hurt her good image in the court.

In August of 743, Constantine V begins his campaign against the muslims, attacking Antioch to go towards Damascus, the ultimate showdown begins.

Last edited:
Prologue: Chapter 15
Muslim World

Save Damascus! The Home of a Glorious Dynasty

August 22, 743 - al-ʾIskandariyya
He is in Alexandria to deal with the caliph's internal affairs, but they knock on his door.

He bad opens and hears "It is urgent, my lord, that the country needs you to come immediately." He leaves the room and follows the guard to the gates of the city, he barely has time to carry out the formalities when the disastrous news comes. "The romans have attacked my lord, Antioch must have fallen before i have arrived, i suppose they are already surrounding Damascus."

But he can not do much, he is old, he has almost 50 years of life on his shoulders, so he is limited to one thing, he orders them to call Sulayman, the man he antagonized so much. Sulayman ibn Hisham was an experienced general, who had led several successful campaigns against the Byzantines, including the one who captured Akroinon.

It is the turn of the younger, he thinks, and sees the glorious arrival of Sulayman, speaking to the army and organizing him for a difficult campaign. Then he simply sees the great departure of his general and his army over the sunset.

August 31, 743 - Dimasriq
Sulayman is finally, on the outskirts of Damascus, he sees the enormous army that the enemy presents, he calculates that it has a disadvantage of almost 2 to 1. This was not a fight against local byzantine forces, it was the joint effort of the remnant of the more glorious empire from the face of the earth, the legacy of Rome still remains, whether or not the eternal city has fallen.

Sulayman commands his cavalry to make several small attacks on the byzantine forces that surround the city, forcing them to take defensive positions and, gradually, to retreat. Something that works, arresting part of the enemy forces around the walls, being pressed against such walls. But the romans are quick and comes a counterattack ot the byzantines, using their heavy cavalry against the arab forces, but Sulayman already expected this and the rest of the cavalry, which was in the rear of the army, out of sight of the enemies and commanded directly by Sulayman, quickly intercepts the enemy, repelling him after a small battle where they suffered considerable casualties.

After much time pressed against the walls the byzantine infantry finally sees itself free and begins to reorganize. But soon afterwards the arab infantry advanced with everything against the enemy, with the byzantines advancing with the rest of their army, trying to use of their numbers to surpass the enemy. Seeing this, at the same moment Sulayman begins to retreat, taking positions at the top of a hill, positioning his archers in order to cause casualties and delay the incoming enemy, while his cavalry makes small attacks to the marching enemies, trying to cause more casualties and delay them a little.

Sulayman retreats his cavalry to the other side of the hills, out of the enemy's sight. Then they enter the trains of arab supplies and pick up drums and bits of wood that would be used for encampments, bonfires, and anything that needs wood.

Thus the cavalry makes improvised wooden figurines, which closely do not resemble a man but from afar they can easily be mistaken. So they advance and emerge from the hills on the left byzantine flank, riding at full speed, with the drums that should be for most of the Arab army being used there and hundreds of foot soldiers moving the wooden puppets, making it appear that there is a huge army there.

Thus the moral of the byzantine forces suddenly falls sharply, with soldiers imagining tens of thousands of arab reinforcements coming, thus occurring desperate mass desertions, with soldiers trying to escape discreetly into the city walls. Thus the rapidly decreasing byzantine numbers and the work of preventing more desertions, in addition to the low morale and the almost surprise attack of the arab cavalry, enable the cavalry charge to cause a rapid collapse of the left byzantine flank. At that moment the main force advances with all, entering into combat with the demoralized and disorganized byzantines.

The byzantines begin to perceive the farce, but now it is too late, the arabs are almost arriving in the byzantine lines and a brutal combat begins quickly. The cavalry on the left flank begins an attack on the byzantine rear, attacking the roman cavalry that tried to intercept it, managing after a certain time to win due to its great quality. After this victory against the enemy cavalry, it attacks the right side of the byzantine flank, allowing it to collapse and the center to be surrounded by forces and then completely annihilated. Thus after a hard battle the byzantine army is defeated, having only left some soldiers that have closed within the walls of Damascus, that however surrender quickly.

After the rescue of Damascus, Sulayman and his troops rest in the city, with prayers being made in the Great Umayyad Mosque. He prepares for his great campaign, to punish the romans for their daring, once for all.

Last edited:
That teaser at the end... still very nice the battle
Thank you!:)

Its actually done with a rush, therefore its not as long, detailed as i hoped. This is the result of bored man with his tab during driving test afterall.:p
I liked that
Thank you very much! You made my day.*sniff*(Damn those onion-cutting ninja.)
The siege is actually on Rome, not Vienna, sorry.:coldsweat:

The near-future teaser is that if the Portugal cease to exist under your glorious empire, the Fall of Malacca wouldnt happen.And if this ATL crossed with my project in the signature:evilsmile:,

Due to my si, Malacca rose to prominance, to the point it own a landmass just like my current EU4 campaign. Therefore, that is why Malacca in omake somehow participate in siege of Rome.

The idea of SE Asia to join in European campaign sound nice in my ear.o_O

Thank you!:)

Its actually done with a rush, therefore its not as long, detailed as i hoped. This is the result of bored man with his tab during driving test afterall.:p

Thank you very much! You made my day.*sniff*(Damn those onion-cutting ninja.)
The siege is actually on Rome, not Vienna, sorry.:coldsweat:

The near-future teaser is that if the Portugal cease to exist under your glorious empire, the Fall of Malacca wouldnt happen.And if this ATL crossed with my project in the signature:evilsmile:,

Due to my si, Malacca rose to prominance, to the point it own a landmass just like my current EU4 campaign. Therefore, that is why Malacca in omake somehow participate in siege of Rome.

The idea of SE Asia to join in European campaign sound nice in my ear.o_O

Rule Malacca, Malacca Rule The Waves :openedeyewink: