Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel free to comment below about what you want to see and if I like it, I'll do them!!

I realise I'm seconding what a bunch of other people have already said but I'd love to see infoboxes on the Crown Colonies and/or Commonwealth Realms (any of them really but perhaps some of the non-Rhodesian ones in Africa like Kenya or Equatoria?) and one on the Latin Union, if possible.

Loving this all so far

OTOFTPD.png

cmyK0Wh.png
I love to see the Social Labor party winning my home county, however unrealistic it may be :p

@Kanan, what's Hong Kong like ITTL? I saw John Tsang was leader of one of the Commonwealth parties, so I'm guessing there was no handover, but what's the colony/territory like now? What are the political dividing lines if there isn't a pro/anti Beijing dynamic as IOTL? And any chance of a Suez-style election wiki at some point?

(Only asking all these at once since you asked us for questions/ideas--don't mean to impose!)

Oh, that's magnificent. I love these compilations of regional history.

Good to see Hong Kong doing well for itself.

What exactly was the issue with the Functional Constituencies that the July Revolution was spurred by? Going by the wikibox, it was something to do with a lack of Universal Suffrage, but in what regard?

Oh, that's magnificent. I love these compilations of regional history.

Good to see Hong Kong doing well for itself.

What exactly was the issue with the Functional Constituencies that the July Revolution was spurred by? Going by the wikibox, it was something to do with a lack of Universal Suffrage, but in what regard?

Hong Kong is prosperous, democratic, and Britain leaves it the hell alone. Just like it wants it to.

The Functional Constituencies were established by the Governors of Hong Kong to give representation to industrial and commercial elements of Hong Kong. For instance, there would be the Functional Constituency of Engineers, which would elect a member of the LegCo among themselves with a franchise of only several thousand. By 2002, Functional Constituencies composed over half of the LegCo, which meant that the democratic will of the people was simply ignored, and it meant Hong Kong's government was more or less run by people against the majority. The revolution was the backlash against this. Britain finally realised this was not going to work for Hong Kong, and made the LegCo fully democratic elected from 100 geographical constituencies on a FPTP basis.

Since 2002, Britain has left Hong Kong alone. British Governors do very little, and functionally act like a Governor-General in former Dominion countries. However, Hong Kong maintains itself as an integral part of the United Kingdom, and does not engage in any foreign policy without representation by London.

Hong Kong is prosperous, democratic, and Britain leaves it the hell alone. Just like it wants it to.

The Functional Constituencies were established by the Governors of Hong Kong to give representation to industrial and commercial elements of Hong Kong. For instance, there would be the Functional Constituency of Engineers, which would elect a member of the LegCo among themselves with a franchise of only several thousand. By 2002, Functional Constituencies composed over half of the LegCo, which meant that the democratic will of the people was simply ignored, and it meant Hong Kong's government was more or less run by people against the majority. The revolution was the backlash against this. Britain finally realised this was not going to work for Hong Kong, and made the LegCo fully democratic elected from 100 geographical constituencies on a FPTP basis.

Since 2002, Britain has left Hong Kong alone. British Governors do very little, and functionally act like a Governor-General in former Dominion countries. However, Hong Kong maintains itself as an integral part of the United Kingdom, and does not engage in any foreign policy without representation by London.

I don’t know much about the specifics of IRL HK, but how is the housing market there? Are the inequalities as high as IRL (iirc the gini coefficient of HK is higher than Brazil’s), are there more social protections?

Status
Not open for further replies.