Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
so is this incomplete? because I'm wondering if you're going to do the description for the rest of the political balls seen on the spectrum, and I'm guessing there is going to be a write-up?
I'm thinking of leaving this as it is. The flag-balls are sorted by my guess for GDP in 2047 and beyond Indonesia it gets kinda sketchy.
Excellent map with a realistic portrayal of global geopolitics (and orbital mechanics!)

One thing that’s a bit unclear to me: what specifically is China’s challenge to the status quo? If it is dominating the South China Sea and Indonesia is in its corner, it has secured the Malacca and the sea lanes to the Middle East and Africa, and fulfilled its main geopolitical imperative (though India might cause some trouble.)
China's main issue at that point is access to Africa, a key source of raw materials and cheap labour, but Chinese presence in the Indian ocean worries New Delhi, to say the least. But as a whole, Beijing is not OK with the US being the world's 'policeman'.

ST15RM

Banned
Combined map of First and Second Rome (Roman Empire, Byzantine Empire, Papal States, and Holy Roman Empire)
View attachment 472042
so let's add some third rome
upload_2019-7-12_15-53-40.png

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Could you imagine what would be happening if Pakistan, India, and Bangladesh were all still united today? That's a recipe for disaster, destruction, full-on civil war, and probably some ethnic cleansing and genocide. A lot less peaceful than border skirmishes, minor terrorism, disputes over Kashmir, and painting the Pakistani flag on some of India's sacred cows.

axDWjQp_700b.jpg

(Yes, Pakistanis in Kashmir actually did this. Personally, I think the world would be a much better place if instead of terrorism we just did things like this more often than, ya know, killing people.)
We ARE SO NOT DOING THIS.

This won't just get political, it will get ugly political

If I added russia it wouldn't be rome anymore
Russia and Moscow are sometimes known as the "Third Rome," though that title is/was also sometimes passed around to the Ottoman Empire, the Holy Roman Empire, Italy, Spain, Greece, France, Austria... basically, any and every nation in Europe at one time or another claimed to be a direct successor of Rome.

draka.png

My interpretation of the Draka-verse at the eve of 1900's.

After decades of wars and ejection from most of Africa, the European powers of France, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Britain and Ottomans have created a league to contain the Domination of the Draka, which, after the Fachoda crisis, the Draka Dominion leaved the British Empire. This crisis saw Drakan forces battling the British forces in Sudan, expelling them from the region before being stopped at Wadi Halfa, just before Egypt and signing the peace treaty of Cairo. Following the peace treaty, the British empire tried to limit their power by imposing a British high command on the Draka army but the Drakan refused and leaved the empire in response. This saw the end of their protection by the Royal Navy and the begining of the European actions to contain their African rival.
The Drakan took them by speed and were able to use surprise to cross the red sea at Djibouti, landing an army in Arabia. While the British tried to protect their protectorate, the individual drakan soldiers proved better trained and armed compared to the redcoats, conquering much of the southern region. At first the Ottomans welcomed the ejection of the British but quickly changed opinion when Drakan forces crossed into the Ottoman Hejaz. After the disaster of Sabya and the fall of Mecca, the European powers decided to send advisors and material to the Ottoman to stop the Draka advance. But despite their help, the Drakan continued to advance until Al Aqabah, where the combined Ottoman-European forces firstly defeated the Draka since the begining of the war. The European advisors were now closer to an expeditionary forces with 3000 German, 11 000 French and 9000 British fighting alongside 375 000 Ottoman against the 120 000 Draka. After a few weeks and the arrival of an additional 300 000 Ottoman soldiers, 10 000 various European ''advisors'' and 100 000 Arab auxiliary, the Draka were slowly pushed back. But the Ottoman were at their limit with a depleted budget, lack of spare weapons and war exhaustion from the massive casualties, a peace treaty was finnaly signed and peace was once more.

But this peace was not a quiet one, it was a worried guard. In Africa, the German protectorate of Morroco, the French Algeria, Italian Libya and British Egypt have created a cordon sanitaire along the Sahara with lines of forts armed with modern weapons and serviced with military railroads. The Ottomans, thanks to British loans, German investments and French diplomacy, were able to recover from the brutal Arabian war and reform its army. But the Draka have not been defeated, only contained. The sea and the sands have been their prison, with the European navies preventing Draka expension, but new weapons of war have been devised by the Draka. While their society stagnate, their military is keeping its arm race, armored vehicules began to be stockpiled near the front, new automatic rifles being distributed to their soldiers. They are simply waiting the opportunity, preying on the first moment of weakness to strike and resume their conquest. Will the guard stand or will the shadow arrive at European step ?

Russia and Moscow are sometimes known as the "Third Rome," though that title is/was also sometimes passed around to the Ottoman Empire, the Holy Roman Empire, Italy, Spain, Greece, France, Austria... basically, any and every nation in Europe at one time or another claimed to be a direct successor of Rome.
That's why I said my map was just First and Second Rome

Status
Not open for further replies.