Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes V (Do Not Post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
T6fdrKl.png

Comrade TruthTeller

Gone Fishin'
Making a Peter Shore infobox to continue the timeline; but I have a question. Should the jobs in the officeholder infobox go in order of the seniority of the position, or the point at which they were held/started being held?

PSX_20190712_111035.jpg

In my take on What if CSA won the civil war Abraham Lincoln lost reelection in 1864 which historians would chalk up to the national union party being a disaster & voters getting burnt out by war.
However with the assassination of President George McClellan by Confederate terrorist John Wilkes Booth and Penletons failures at protecting the territories & and borders during the Canadian revolution aloud Lincoln to become the first president to serve two non consecutive terms in office.

Making a Peter Shore infobox to continue the timeline; but I have a question. Should the jobs in the officeholder infobox go in order of the seniority of the position, or the point at which they were held/started being held?
I think usual Wikipedia policy is to put the highest office at the top (such as president) and everything else after that in chronological order, most recent to last. If the offices are all of comparable level then just chronological order is fine.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
So I'm ready to kick this wikibox series off (now called A Mari usque ad Mare), with a general wikibox.

VeaX70z.png
A Mari usque ad Mare
Provinces and territories of Canada

Where did you come up with the design for the Alaskan Flag?

Comrade TruthTeller

Gone Fishin'
Thanksy for the info and praise; it's appreciated as I get back into this sort of thing. Peter Shore is definitely not the start of a dynasty, but... to quote a Frothy timeline; 'he has staying power' within leadership.

The 1984 Labour Leadership race was launched almost immediately after the General Election of October that year, following the resignation of Barbara Castle. Barbara Castle's resignation was necessitated by Labour's general election loss to the Conservatives.

In Barbara Castle's resignation speech, she pays tribute to the longest spell of Labour government since the party's inception. After this, she departs from Downing Street for the last time and advises the Queen to send for Douglas Hurd to form a government.

Michael Foot was once again the frontrunner for the top job in the Labour Party, but for the last time he declines to run for it; citing his close association with both Barbara Castle and Harold Wilson. Roy Hattersley was also tipped to run for Labour Leader but states that he does not think that the time is right for him to run for the leadership, stating that it would be better in the next Leadership race. Little did Hattersley know that he would never have a reasonable chance to get the leadership again.

Peter Shore announced his candidacy for the leadership of the party, as well as Eric Heffer and a dark horse candidate; Margaret Beckett. Heffer does not have the experience required to get much support at all and is knocked out in the first round of voting rather easily.

Peter Shore, however, had quite a large deal of experience in the cabinet; following the election of Barbara Castle as Labour Leader and Prime Minister, Shore was elevated to the post of Leader of the House of Commons. Following the untimely death of Anthony Crosland, who Barbara (as promised) made Chancellor, Gerald Kaufman was made Chancellor as his replacement.

Following a reshuffle after the 1979 election in which Labour narrowly emerged victorious, Peter Shore was elevated to one of the four Great Offices of State; with Kaufman being removed from the cabinet due to perceived poor financial decisions, and Shore being made Chancellor. Following the election defeat in 1984, Shore had shadowed his post as chancellor for the months encompassing the leadership election.

The results of the final round are announced on the 11th of December 1984, and they show that Peter Shore is elected in a landslide victory with 76% of the overall vote. He is made Leader of the Opposition immediately, and the first Prime Minister's Questions with Peter Shore as LOTO is vicious.

Enoch Powell appeared to be right when he said he was the 'greatest orator of our generation' as the Conservatives had little chance to bite back against Shore in this first appearance. Castle looked on from the backbenches with the knowledge that Peter Shore was their best chance at getting back into power once again.

Peter Shore, on a good day, was able to pummel the Conservatives during his performances at PMQs, and his performances led to the decision to have what is in hindsight the early introduction of BBC Parliament initially as a programming block in 1986. The public therefore gets more exposure to Peter Shore, which further revives the fortunes of the Labour Party.

By 1989, The Conservatives under Douglas Hurd were having a horrific time, and with a British recession hitting very early, the Tories took the brunt of the blame for it. Prime Minister Hurd somewhat reluctantly calls an election for May 4th, knowing that they were likely going to face a rather bad result, again. Since 1964, Labour had won 64, 66, February 74, October 74 and 79. The Conservatives since 1964 had only won 1970 and 1984, and it looked like they were going to lose again. The Hurd Government had strengthened their ties with the European Economic Area; Peter Shore made it very clear that a vote for him and Labour would be a vote against the EEC.

People tuned to their TVs on May 4th 1989 to see DECISION 89 being advertised on BBC One for 9:50 PM onwards. David Dimbleby was preparing for another election night when it eventually came to 10:00, and he spoke the exit poll...
"And the exit poll suggests Peter Shore is to be Prime Minister, and a small landslide is likely. You can see on your screens jubilant celebration from Labour Party Headquarters. The Conservative Party HQ, with much more sombre scenes. So, I will repeat that; Peter Shore is to be Prime Minister and this is why. Labour are on 43%, Conservatives on 36%, and the Liberals under Paddy Ashdown have had a surprisingly good night, with 19%, others on a small 2%."

This result is more akin to 1966 than to 1997, and the seat numbers would be around this level. This would be the last Labour landslide to date. Peter Shore would make a victorious speech from his constituency in Bethnal Green. To some degree this election was a complete surprise; the election was a tossup between Labour and the Conservatives, with a hung parliament being a very realistic possibility, but there weren't many that were expecting a Labour Landslide.

Douglas Hurd was the most shocked at the result. He thought that the Conservatives probably would have been able to scrape through by being the largest party in a hung parliament, but this was obviously not the case. This was to be the start of an extended period in opposition, and also the evident end of Douglas Hurd's political career; perhaps the start of many other careers.

Hurd who only five years earlier was in the opposite position, with him being the incoming Prime Minister, found himself making a resignation speech before spectators and journalists. He spoke in a rather fearful tone of Britain's future in the EEC but otherwise states that he knows that the incoming government will try to do the best by its people. He announces his resignation as Leader of the Conservative Party, spawning another leadership contest, and then announces his intention to recommend Queen Elizabeth II to fetch for Peter Shore to form a government. After this, he goes into the motorcade towards Buckingham Palace and tenders his resignation as Prime Minister. Before long, Peter Shore is before Downing Street himself, officially crowned Prime Minister.
bu.png

(This is really, really fun to do!)

“The revolutionary is a doomed man. He has no private interests, no affairs, sentiments, ties, property nor even a name of his own. His entire being is devoured by one purpose, one thought, one passion - the revolution. Heart and soul, not merely by word but by deed, he has severed every link with the social order and with the entire civilized world; with the laws, good manners, conventions, and morality of that world. He is its merciless enemy and continues to inhabit it with only one purpose - to destroy it.” -Pyotr Verkhovensky

“You know, I was actually cool with this whole demon lord enslaving humanity as punishment for neo-imperialist capitalism. Then I realized that a violent blood deity based around 1870s Russian nihilistic anarchism only knew passive queerphobia in its nonexistent heart. Great, now my body is painfully rebirthed every five minutes and the only sounds I hear are PewDiePie livestreams.” -Natalie Wynn

“Trapped at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean, in an adamantine prison, Steve Bannon is forced to forever experience the sensation of drowning as his digestive tract becomes the incubator for our dark tyrant’s unholy offspring. Millions of conservatives are forced to swim to the sea bottom to save him, all of them dying along the way.” -Breitbart Article “Why This Totally Obama’s Fault”

“Hello viewers. In case you’re wondering why my physical appearance is that of your loved ones being gorily murdered and why my voice is literally a godless mix of human shrieking and nails on a chalkboard, you can thank Nechayev for that. This is the punishment for my vice. Anyways, Clinton is finally is a prison of sorts, so I guess that’s a pyrrhic victory…” -Tucker Carlson

“Despite the fact that my blood has turned into an acidic mixture and thus every nerve in my body aches beyond human comprehension and that I am therefore immobile, I will continue to proclaim myself the democratically elected ruler of Russia. Everything will be right after I escape this labyrinth of lost souls that is larger than the universe itself. Should take what… two weeks tops?” -Vladimir Putin

upload_2019-7-12_13-59-46.png

Last edited:
Something a bit different this time, maybe I'll expand on this scenario soon.

fG0JjdS.png

The 1988 Presidential Election was the 51st quadrennial United States presidential election. It was held on Tuesday, November 8, 1988. Democratic nominee Sam Nunn defeated incumbent Republican Pierre S. du Pont, IV and a few minor candidates. Due to the permanent fracture of the Democratic Party during Nunn's tenure, some historians consider the election to mark the end of the Fifth Party System.

du Pont had an otherwise unremarkable term, although many of his domestic policies were considered unconventional and highly controversial. Nevertheless he defeated a primary challenge from conservative Senator Bob Dole, and he was considered by Republicans to be an easily re-electable candidate. However Bob Dole entered the race as an independent candidate, dissatisfied with du Pont’s record as a moderate Republican. The Democratic Party continued to suffer from significant infighting between the labor and libertarian wings of the party that plagued them since 1976. Sam Nunn, a Senator from Georgia, represented the former faction and Cecil Andrus, former Governor of Idaho represented the latter faction. After a long and contentious primary, Sam Nunn emerged as the front-runner to clinch the Democratic nomination. At the convention, he worked to reconcile the two factions and chose Andrus as his running mate.

Sam Nunn campaigned as a political moderate, but he still aimed to empower unions, improve access to healthcare, and improve the economy which had begun to worsen as campaigning began. du Pont’s economic proposals were considered too interventionist and alienated some mainstream conservatives. du Pont at first had a large lead in polling until the economic downturn began in August. Polls narrowed in the following months and the race was considered close on election day.

Nunn won a slight majority of the popular and electoral vote. He won the Democrats’ traditional safe states in the Deep South and the Midwest as well as the vital swing states in the Northeast and the Pacific Coast. Bob Dole acted as a spoiler for duPont in these key states, allowing Nunn to win by a plurality. As of 2019, this is the last time a Democratic candidate has won a majority of the Western states, and the last time a Democratic candidate won California.

Nation infoboxes are the devil. Here's an infobox for Kasnia (Kaznia?), a fictional country in the DC universe, first seen in the DCAU cartoons.
wdNOCWG.png

Kasnia, officially the Kingdom of Kasnia, is a small country in southeastern Europe located between Serbia to the west, Bulgaria to the south, and Romania to the north and east. A micronation, Kasnia is centered around its capital and largest city, Kasnia. With an area of 4,744 square kilometers, it is one of Europe's smallest nations. Kasnia is sometimes referred as the "accidental" Balkan nation, as it is an agglomeration of almost equal ethnically Serbian and Bulgarian populations.

The area which is today Kasnia was first inhabited in the Paleolithic era. Originally populated by Celts, the Slavic migrations soon came through it. For most of its history, Kasnia was part of Bulgaria in its various forms, with the exception of a brief period of independence in the late 8th century. Kasnia became part of the Ottoman Empire after the fall of the Second Bulgarian Empire. Five centuries later, the Third Bulgarian State was established, and it included Kasnia. However, the Second Balkan War between Bulgaria and its Balkan neighbors included fighting in Kasnia due to its large Serbian minority. However, Kasnian Serbs were not particularly nationalist and were well positioned within Bulgaria. With Bulgaria's defeat, the territory was supposed to go to Serbia, but locals revolted. After successfully repelling Serbian forces sent to suppress them, the rebels were split between seeking return to Bulgaria and establishing their own independence. Ultimately Britain and Russia decided to enforce recognition of Kasnian independence, and the new state was established.

Initially, Greek princes were invited to take the Kasnian throne, but each who was asked declined. Instead, Prince Peter of Montenegro became the first sovereign of Kasnia. The tiny state was soon endangered again with the outbreak of World War I. Bulgarian forces overran Kasnia, which was therefore part of the Allied Powers. The Kasnian government went into exile in Italy while the country was occupied. This lasted for the duration of the war. After the Treaty of Neuilly, the government was restored, and Bulgaria ceded a small strip of land to Kasnia. Kasnia was heavily damaged by the occupation and spent most of the Interwar period recovering. During this time, it also rejected union with Serbia twice.

During World War II, the Axis invaded and occupied Kasnia. The young Prince Peter II was forced to remain in Kasnia as a puppet for a brief period. After refusing to commit troops to the Axis, he was removed from power and fled into exile in Britain. As the war ended, the retreating Axis forces were replaced by the Red Army, who continued to occupy the country for three years. Peter II returned but was then removed from power in a coup instigated by the Soviet Union. The new government elected to become part of Yugoslavia. For the next fifty years, Kasnia was an autonomous province of Serbia.

In the 1990s, as Yugoslavia disintegrated, Kasnia declared its independence. A brief war followed, which Kasnia won largely because the Yugoslav government was more focused on the other wars. Kasnia made its peace and was recognized internationally. The Independent State of Kasnia came to an end less than a year later, when the monarchy was restored by referendum. The pretender at the time was Crown Prince Peter, who had succeeded his father in pretense after his death. The monarchy was restored as a kingdom, not a principality, so he became King Peter III. Unlike the old principality, the new kingdom was a constitutional monarchy and had a strong Parliament. Early politics in Kasnia was dominated by Filip Marić and his National Conservative Party.

The early 2000s were a period of crisis in Kasnia. In 2000, Crown Prince Peter died in a plane crash while returning from a state visit to the United Kingdom. This meant the new heir was his cousin, the Swedish Prince Gustav, who was living in London at the time. Gustav moved to Kasnia with his family, but there were concerns about his religion and poor command of both the Serbian and Bulgarian languages. To remedy this, he converted to Orthodoxy and began learning the languages. Nevertheless, a referendum was held on whether the monarchy should be abolished after the death of King Peter, which narrowly failed. Peter died a few months later in 2001, and Gustav succeeded to the throne.

Gustav's brief reign was marred by tensions between the Serbs and Bulgarians of Kasnia, largely exacerbated by Marić's preferential policies. In 2005, tensions boiled over as a military coup removed Marić from power and attempted to assassinate of King Gustav, reportedly organized by Vandal Savage, grandson of the Nazi colonel. The coup was reversed by a counter-coup two weeks later. As a condition of the reorganization Marić agreed to step down. A comatose King Gustav died of his wounds a month later and was succeeded by his 18 year old daughter Audrey.

Audrey's early reign sparked controversy as she was slow to abandoned her previous lifestyle of a party girl and international socialite celebrity. However, she did settle into her role as queen. Meanwhile, the reconciliation government of Bogdan Janković did much to improve and reform the nation, including the creation of the equally representative Senate for the two opposing provinces of the nation. He and his successors, Irina Zlatkova, Lazar Stefanović, and the incumbent Mila Genova, presided over reforming and improving the nation, recovering from the Great Recession, and establishing relative economic security. Today, Kasnia has a small but strong economy and a stable democracy. Though not yet a member of the European Union, Kasnia's currency is the Euro. Kasnia is a member of the UN, NATO, and numerous other multinational organizations.

4666mx3.png

Here's another post from my Führerreich to the Present timeline:

Thomas "Tommy" Mahfouz, Jr. is an American politician who served as 44th President of the United States from 1989 to 1997. He was the first African-American to hold the office, as well as the first Arab-American to hold the office. Born in Lafayette, Louisiana to Thomas Mahfouz, Sr. (born Mansour Abdallah Mahfouz), an immigrant from French Phoenicia, and Sarah Jolivette, a black Louisiana Creole woman, he became the first African-American Governor of Louisiana in 1972, serving until 1980 and again from 1984 until his inauguration as President in 1989. As President, he is known mainly for his progressive reforms, namely rebuilding the American welfare state that his predecessor severely curtailed. After his second term as President expired, he ran again for Governor in 2000 and served again until his retirement in 2004. Today he is considered one of the most popular Presidents of modern American history

Tommy Mahfouz.PNG

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
So I'm ready to kick this wikibox series off (now called A Mari usque ad Mare), with a general wikibox.

VeaX70z.png
A Mari usque ad Mare
Provinces and territories of Canada
Ya' know, you already picked up a Plagiarism for copying stuff from the exact same member you are lifting this stuff from. I was going to give you the benefit of the doubt until I reviewed your record. You didn't even bother to use a different member's stuff.

Consider yourself blessed that BKW only gave you a warning last time. This is normally a one kick offense. You are getting an extra chance. You WILL NOT get two.

Kicked for a week.

Ya' know, you already picked up a Plagiarism for copying stuff from the exact same member you are lifting this stuff from. I was going to give you the benefit of the doubt until I reviewed your record. You didn't even bother to use a different member's stuff.

Consider yourself blessed that BKW only gave you a warning last time. This is normally a one kick offense. You are getting an extra chance. You WILL NOT get two.

Kicked for a week.
What Member is it taken from?

Status
Not open for further replies.