Photos from Featherston's Confederacy/ TL-191

View attachment 471148

Union resistance fighter in Ohio during the Confederate invasion, wielding the Ingram model 41. Following the outbreak of Operation Blackbeard the United States found itself in need of an effective submachine guns. With the Thompson proving itself to costly and complicated to mass produce on a large scale to counter Confederate forces. Developed by young Gordon B. Ingram as a more cost effective successor to the Thompson Submachine Gun.

I think it would make more sense for the Thompson to be a Confederate Gun in TL-191.
See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_T._Thompson

The Ingram could be a competitor in the USA.

I think it would make more sense for the Thompson to be a Confederate Gun in TL-191.
See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_T._Thompson

The Ingram could be a competitor in the USA.
The books mention that CS troops were equipped with large numbers of SMG's and while the US IOTL made large numbers of Thompsons, I'm not so sure the CSA ITTL could achieve the same amount of production of such an overly designed weapon.
I could see the CS make something closer to the M3.

I drew up this MP-40 inspired alternate M3 for the Featherston's Finest thread.

_M3-submachine-gun-45-caliber-andrew-chittock-.jpg

The books mention that CS troops were equipped with large numbers of SMG's and while the US IOTL made large numbers of Thompsons, I'm not so sure the CSA ITTL could achieve the same amount of production of such an overly designed weapon.
I could see the CS make something closer to the M3.

I drew up this MP-40 inspired alternate M3 for the Featherston's Finest thread.

View attachment 471203
That looks both believable and awesome!!! I can search around on forgotten weapons for some other possible weapons, since I think the more obscure ones work better for alternative timelines.

That looks both believable and awesome!!! I can search around on forgotten weapons for some other possible weapons, since I think the more obscure ones work better for alternative timelines.
I agree and I also like to use parts from 2 or 3 obscure designs to make a new one.

In Drive to the East, Tom Colton mentions how the CSA has adopted a coal scuttle helmet. Does this mean it is an exact copy of the United States's?

Also, look, we're on page 191!

I've always preferred the use of the M1 for CS helmets, even if it doesn't exactly fit the description. It's a good contrast to the US helmet design and would make sense that they wouldn't want an identical helmet design for identification purposes.

I remember it the other way around.

I will have to look through my books again to see, but I am pretty sure that it was mentioned that the US helmets were called Pot helmets, while the it is mentioned in Return Engagements by Tom Colleton that the CSA had adopted a similar helmet to what the USA used in the Great War.

I've always preferred the use of the M1 for CS helmets, even if it doesn't exactly fit the description. It's a good contrast to the US helmet design and would make sense that they wouldn't want an identical helmet design for identification purposes.

I will have to look through my books again to see, but I am pretty sure that it was mentioned that the US helmets were called Pot helmets, while the it is mentioned in Return Engagements by Tom Colleton that the CSA had adopted a similar helmet to what the USA used in the Great War.

I always assumed that was what was intended, for the Confederates to resemble OTL WWII-U.S. soldiers and for the Americans to look almost like Wehrmacht soldiers.

Last edited:
66597893_2878560912173117_7827908897204600832_n.jpg

US children found cowering within a bomb shelter in their school in Pittsburgh by US soldiers after the conclusion of the battle. There were no teachers with them so it is presumed that either the children found the shelter themselves or there was a teacher, but they were killed during the beginnings of the battle.

Britain, in particular, was hit hard by the second weltkrieg. That didn’t end Germany’s paranoia.
The English Republic was extensively demilitarized, yet the occupation force avoided collective punishment.
Infrastructure was rebuilt, with Manchester the new capital.
Ian Smith returned in a new election, running for the Conservative party.
Under military occupation, Britain was not trusted one bit. Eventually, tried of having a large occupation force, much of the Wehrmacht left while several bases remained, and a new English Defense Force of 10,000 was raised.
upload_2019-7-31_15-8-53.jpeg

It later grew to 50,000 a decade later though the old wwii uniform was discarded, as it was offensive to many.
English Defense Force soldier circa 1960.
upload_2019-7-31_15-11-14.jpeg

Mittelafrikan German Soldier in the African front.
upload_2019-7-31_16-59-30.jpeg

As a mix of a reward and a sort of guilt after the genocidal actions towards blacks of the freedom party, mittleafrika would be granted autonomous rule (though not independence, sadly the conservative Germans retain a “white mans burden” attitude)
In essence, WWII marked mittleafrika transition from colony to partner.

Eager to toss off oppresive fascist British influence, the new Indian army is trained and equipped by Germany.
upload_2019-7-31_17-6-3.jpeg

upload_2019-7-31_17-6-53.jpeg

upload_2019-7-31_17-7-45.jpeg

upload_2019-7-31_17-8-17.jpeg

Being India’s greatest ally, who is suspicious of both the strong Japanese empire and the all to similar sounding to English Americans, German has found a new place. The friendship is strong, with India getting industrial and economic assistance early in when it needed it most from Germany. Bismarck’s early healthcare inspired India’s “compassionate capitalism.”

tumblr_p15w8dA2tJ1qbrih3o1_500.jpg

A Private of Company I, 11th Mississippi ,“ The Van Dorn Reserve”. They wore red jean cloth uniforms and were armed with Colt revolving rifles.

(OTL, but again, its fun exploring uniforms, more so with the CSA.)