Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

If the British West Indies are being added then this map is missing British Honduras and British Guiana.
canada.png

Vlad_Z1.png

Now here's a fun one: All of Vladimir Zhirinovsky's craziest ideas rolled up into one map. He's certainly had some very... colourful plans over the years:

Soviet Reunion: This is the one part he's still advocating in the present day, most recently as a part of his policy platform for the 2018 Russian presidential election. In 2014 he had a separate plan to divide up Ukraine but to keep the borders looking neat I've excluded that.

Former Russian Empire territories: In the 1990s, Zhirinovsky intended to negotiate an arrangement to purchase Alaska back from the US, and to annex Finland.

The Middle East: In 1994 Zhirinovsky expressed interest in the idea of directly annexing Turkey, Iran and Saudi Arabia. He also was a big fan of Saddam Hussein, so I've put in Iraq as an independent puppet state.

Japan: Zhirinovsky once planned to sell the Kurils to Japan for 50 Billion USD.

Eastern Europe: In 2000 Zhirinovsky stated that it was vital that Russia build up a military alliance in Europe to counterbalance NATO, with Bulgaria and what remained of Yugoslavia as member states. He's also believed to consider the former Warsaw Pact countries to be part of the Russia's ideal sphere of influence.

Bulgaria: In 1994 he suggested the addition of some of eastern Greece and coastal Romania to Bulgaria.

Germany: At some point Zhirinovsky made comments stating that he preferred to see a Germany that was, "as small as Austria". I've done my best to interpret that here with an independent Bavaria (Germany's only major separatist movement) and the return of East Germany as another Russian puppet state.
Some other colorful suggestions of his include:
* Using the Baltic States as a dumping ground for radioactive waste, carpet bomb them, and possibly leave one of them behind "at least the size of Lichtenstein."
* Using tactical nukes during the Chechen War.
* Carpet bomb Poland
* When there was tension between Russia and the UK in 2008, he advocating dropping nukes in the Atlantic to flood Great Britain
* Breaking up Romania, stating that it's "an artificial state created by Italian Gypsies who seized territory from Russia, Bulgaria and Hungary."
* Shooting all the birds in Russia to stop the spread of bird flu in 2006
* Building a border wall to keep out Muslims and Asians.
* Burning down Paris
* Nuking Japan
* In November 2015, after an incident in which a Russian jet plane was shot down by a Turkish F-16 after an air-space violation, he said that Russia must detonate a nuclear bomb in the Bosphorus to create a 10-meter tsunami wave, which would wipe out at least 9 million people in Istanbul.
* Drunkenly threatened he would have Russian scientists alter the gravitational field of the Earth in order to sink the entirety of the United States into the ocean.

Last edited:
As a German collaborator, Nedic wouldn't have dared to demand territory from German allies.
Well, why demand anything from Croatia? And Banat, where was annexation to Germany or Romania (Antonescu was maybe Hitlers closer/most favourite ally) option?
And Montenegro, italian puppet (but ok, maybe it is plan from 1943 or later, then there is no need consider Italy too much)

Dementor

Banned
Well, why demand anything from Croatia? And Banat, where was annexation to Germany or Romania (Antonescu was maybe Hitlers closer/most favourite ally) option?
The NDH was more of a satellite than an ally. Plus it was quite bit weaker than Italy or even Bulgaria. As for Banat, it was on paper part of Serbia, though de-facto controlled by Germany.

Demarcation_Line.png

The division of the world by the Treaties of Tordesillas and Saragossa, which split the planet into two halves according to which regions Spain and Portugal would be allowed to colonize.

Technically, this proposal did happen in that the lines were kinda set up and they followed the boundaries for a little while, but didn't stick to them. This was essentially the extreme result of what was suggested by the finalization of the treaties in 1529.

Side note: I can't draw curves on worlda to save my life

Crazy Boris

Banned
View attachment 471961
The division of the world by the Treaties of Tordesillas and Saragossa, which split the planet into two halves according to which regions Spain and Portugal would be allowed to colonize.

Technically, this proposal did happen in that the lines were kinda set up and they followed the boundaries for a little while, but didn't stick to them. This was essentially the extreme result of what was suggested by the finalization of the treaties in 1529.

Side note: I can't draw curves on worlda to save my life

Interesting how the border on New Guinea looks crazy close to the actual OTL border

And here are some of the plans laid out by the American Expansionist Party, a group that seems to have been active from around 1997 to 2003.
statesbr.gif

Yeah, these were real plans at one point.
That's not dissimilar to what happened to the British Republic after the Revolution of '76 in my EDC verse.

The division of the world by the Treaties of Tordesillas and Saragossa
The Portuguese territories were previously limited by the Treaty of Alcáçovas to all non-Christian lands south of the Canary Isles, which should be most of Africa, and southern parts of Arabia, India, and China.