Thousand-Week Reich - A 'realistic' Nazi victory scenario

So, I suppose, anywhere you lot want to see next? Place and/or time, I suppose

I know touching the civil war proper may be a bit difficult since it's covered by the mod and you don't want to make things too canon about it, but i'd love seeing more about the liberation of the east, and also the Toronto Accord invasion of the low countries and germany

Uh, just realized now that corsica is still italian.

That's just hard to believe IMO, even if italy manages to be quiet while the west is invading germany, even if they cooperate with the Toronto accord, they would still be seen as former aggressive and expensionist power, if they get pressured to leave most of libya, you can be sure they will be pressured to leave corsica. They were told to return to their interwar boundary everywhere except for it, why? France would want it, you can be sure of that, i'd even argue that italy keeping corsica is nearly as big as germany keeping Alsace Moselle and would for sure prevent any economic cooperation in the decades following the end of the war.

There may be a way to get them to vote on their future in the 60s, but considering that they have a history of being proud (the corsican resistance was quite strong and played a very important role in its liberation IRL) and since it was more developped than sardinia i doubt mussolini could do the same large development program as he did there to win over the population, it's extremely unlikely they would rather be italian than french or independant.

Sorry i just don't buy it, i get that they return to their interwar border, i also get that they keep tripoli because it would be overwhelmingly italian and i guess France and the UK wouldn't care too much about it, but corsica wouldn't be italian and France would VERY strongly want it back, an independant corsica is barely plausible, although that would make france extremely resentful of the UK/US. But an italian corsica with france just accepting it and willing to cooperate economically with Italy? Sorry that's ASB given what we know about this world, Maybe you have an explanation.

Shit, they lose the dodecanese, which they DID have during the interwar, to the greeks they invaded, but they keep corsica, which they didn't have during the interwar? It's just not consistent.
Well it would depend on how thoroughly Italy managed to change the culture in Corsica in the intervening years. If they did enough Italy may be able to convince the Allies to allow a plebiscite and it could result in Corsica staying Italian. As for Libya they may be able to keep a chunk based on how the population is located.

Well it would depend on how thoroughly Italy managed to change the culture in Corsica in the intervening years. If they did enough Italy may be able to convince the Allies to allow a plebiscite and it could result in Corsica staying Italian. As for Libya they may be able to keep a chunk based on how the population is located.

It might also depend on what France is like. After the collapse of Germania, France could fall into political and social choas (plausible considering they underwent two generations of fascist indoctrination) and perhaps the Corsicans might not want any part in that and choose the "devil they know". Itd be a sore spot for France for sure but they are relying on Atlantic aid and wouldn't really be in a position to argue with the Allies as they are rebuilding the country.

Last edited:
Why would all the middle eastern jews go? Wouldn't the middle east be less anti semitic in this tl?

Some parts maybe, but other parts perhaps not. Besides, Algeria is controlled by the fascist French State for a short while during which it's probably not a great place to be, and Syria is a Nazi-ish state.

I'd imagine there is some movement to changing the flag to something like the golden tricolour.
How popular is said movement ATM? Also, how did Germany recentralize over the past few decades? How much were the leaders of the various constituent regions a problem for the centralizing force in (insert German capital ITTL here)?

Last edited:
How popular is said movement ATM? Also, how did Germany recentralize over the past few decades? How much were the leaders of the various constituent regions a problem for the centralizing force in (insert German capital ITTL here)?

I honestly haven't thought about these things that much. I'd say the recentralisation has been gradual, and Germany remains very decentralised for q country. The flag, I'm not sure. I'd assume most people are not as bothered, but maybe some more patriotic and nationalistic people support a more German flag like the republican Tricolour.

As for Germany's capital, it is Frankfurt.

why isn't Switzerland in the European association? Wouldn't the invasion from Germany have broken its neutrality?

That was raised to me, and it is a valid argument I think. I hadn't really thought of it that way and at that point I was already coming to the end of this and had decided on 5 members and such, so it was a bit awkward to change.

That was raised to me, and it is a valid argument I think. I hadn't really thought of it that way and at that point I was already coming to the end of this and had decided on 5 members and such, so it was a bit awkward to change.
I mean, just add one? It wouldn't be akward at all. It fills in that annoying gap for one. Also, seeing as Switzerland was damaged from the war, it would have an interest in recovery.

I mean, just add one? It wouldn't be akward at all. It fills in that annoying gap for one. Also, seeing as Switzerland was damaged from the war, it would have an interest in recovery.

1. I don't like retconning when I can avoid it as the changes already made and the existence of a semi-separate lore for the mod makes stuff already confusing. There's constantly people getting confused by seeing and asking about old stuff that's been overwritten or confusing the slight differences between the mod and the canon.

2. It'd actually be a bit annoying to 'just' add another country to the map with the way the shadow effect works and stuff

3. I designed the flag to have 5 stars, and to remake it with 6 would be annoying.

1. I don't like retconning when I can avoid it as the changes already made and the existence of a semi-separate lore for the mod makes stuff already confusing. There's constantly people getting confused by seeing and asking about old stuff that's been overwritten or confusing the slight differences between the mod and the canon.

2. It'd actually be a bit annoying to 'just' add another country to the map with the way the shadow effect works and stuff

3. I designed the flag to have 5 stars, and to remake it with 6 would be annoying.
Oh dang. Well, at least make it so that Switzerland is a candidate close to joining, like Ireland and Slovenia you mentioned