Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

Crazy Boris

Banned
Book_of_the_Independence_of_Syria_%28%D8%B0%D9%83%D8%B1%D9%89_%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%AA%D9%82%D9%84%D8%A7%D9%84_%D8%B3%D9%88%D8%B1%D9%8A%D8%A7%29.jpg

Claimed borders of the short-lived Kingdom of Syria (March 8-July 25 1920)
Not sure how much of this they actually controlled, but they definitely held a decent-sized chunk of Syria, including Damascus

Crazy Boris

Banned
Damn it, I hate looking at old maps.

So, I'm guessing the Syrian state would've stretched down into Iraq and held some territory along the Mediterranean?

No, it’s basically most of modern Syria, plus all of Lebanon, Israel, and Palestine, the western chunk of Jordan, and a tiny corner off of Saudi Arabia’s northwest

And here are some of the plans laid out by the American Expansionist Party, a group that seems to have been active from around 1997 to 2003.

USExpansion.gif

US-BritEmpAnimation.gif

statesbr.gif

canmaptn.JPG

CANLABLD2.gif

Yeah, these were real plans at one point.

Vlad_Z1.png

Now here's a fun one: All of Vladimir Zhirinovsky's craziest ideas rolled up into one map. He's certainly had some very... colourful plans over the years:

Soviet Reunion: This is the one part he's still advocating in the present day, most recently as a part of his policy platform for the 2018 Russian presidential election. In 2014 he had a separate plan to divide up Ukraine but to keep the borders looking neat I've excluded that.

Former Russian Empire territories: In the 1990s, Zhirinovsky intended to negotiate an arrangement to purchase Alaska back from the US, and to annex Finland.

The Middle East: In 1994 Zhirinovsky expressed interest in the idea of directly annexing Turkey, Iran and Saudi Arabia. He also was a big fan of Saddam Hussein, so I've put in Iraq as an independent puppet state.

Japan: Zhirinovsky once planned to sell the Kurils to Japan for 50 Billion USD.

Eastern Europe: In 2000 Zhirinovsky stated that it was vital that Russia build up a military alliance in Europe to counterbalance NATO, with Bulgaria and what remained of Yugoslavia as member states. He's also believed to consider the former Warsaw Pact countries to be part of the Russia's ideal sphere of influence.

Bulgaria: In 1994 he suggested the addition of some of eastern Greece and coastal Romania to Bulgaria.

Germany: At some point Zhirinovsky made comments stating that he preferred to see a Germany that was, "as small as Austria". I've done my best to interpret that here with an independent Bavaria (Germany's only major separatist movement) and the return of East Germany as another Russian puppet state.

View attachment 469212
Here's Dugin's super Eurasian Russia.

I know that the scenario you are mapping is irredeemably implausible to begin with, but I have to wonder: if this expansionist Russia intends to partition the Baltic between itself and Germany, would it not make more sense to hand them Lithuania? This guy already wants to divide Poland between Russia and Germany and hand over Kaliningrad, so Lithuania would actually border Germany, while Estonia would only serve as a random enclave within the Russian sphere of influence. Furthermore, Estonia actually has a significant population of ethnic Russians, while Lithuania does not.

Last edited:
canada-png.471311

As an American, I can can safely say that this is the Canada we need, but not the one we deserve.

While we're at it, here's every American expansionist plan on Wikipedia's "51st state" page combined (except Denmark since that one was more of a humorous comment than an actual idea).

Manifest_Destiny1.png

Edit: Added the British Isles. Gibraltar is never mentioned so I gave it to Spain.

Last edited: