DBWI former President Ross Perot has died

Former President Ross Perot has at age 92 died. The first independent president since George Washington he was and is a controversial figure for his political ideas. Still one cannot deny his influence, winning a second term when many bet against him, and passing some key legislation despite a rocky relationship with Congress. So what do you guys think? Good, bad, or meh president?

His Populist Economic policies that fly in the face of the overwhelming majority of economists is to blame for our 1% annual growth we have had since 1999. He corrupted our Democracy by making it about mob rule which has made it impossible to fix the inefficiencies he created.

OOC: RIP

I can’t say I’m happy that the man is gone but as someone who’s lost members of family and friends to his war on drugs I can’t say that I’m going to miss him

Not to mention his policy’s of “economic” nationalism
Which lead to the crash of 04 after his disasterous war in Iraq and Iran

OOC:Rest in peace old man

And if you're a woman seeking an abortion, your freedom of choice is pretty safe thanks to him.

His fight against gays in the military kinda made the USA a laughingstock, however. Not to mention haraunging Vietnam over phamtom MIAs.

I don't know what the naysayers are talking about. We had balanced budgets for the entirety of his presidency. This led to a drastic reduction of the debt which spurred the economy during the 90's. Granted it was mainly achieved by higher taxes on the wealthy and a reduction in defense spending. Still, our leaner and more efficient military has more than proven itself over the last 25 years. Look at the raid that captured Bin Laden in Mogadishu in 1996, or the defense of the our embassy in Riyadh during the Saudi Civil War in 1997.

OOC: Rest in peace, sir.

Well Perot did reinvigorate the Space Program and get us the FRED space station as well as the Venturestar. We'd still be talking about going back to the moon instead of finishing an outpost there in preparation for a landing on Mars later this month. He turned over NAFTA and reinvigorated the South as well as cutting the debt by over 30% in eight years. We might be looking at far more than $4.2 trillion now, but the strong currency weakened the export economy and made him reviled among the old money. His kick-start of military supply systems and reorganization of the federal bureaucracy resulted in leaner, greener, and cleaner federal setups while his tireless advocacy for schools, minorities, and small businesses was extraordinary by any measure. Others may criticize, but would we have the stem cell research and gene therapy today had either of the other two been elected?

OOC: Good luck and godspeed wherever you are good sir

And if you're a woman seeking an abortion, your freedom of choice is pretty safe thanks to him.

His fight against gays in the military kinda made the USA a laughingstock, however. Not to mention haraunging Vietnam over phamtom MIAs.

We were so close to Vietnam War Two Ross Perots Egotistical Bogaloo

Thankfully cooler heads like current President Bernie Sanders and Gillibrand prevailed

I don't know what the naysayers are talking about. We had balanced budgets for the entirety of his presidency. This led to a drastic reduction of the debt which spurred the economy during the 90's. Granted it was mainly achieved by higher taxes on the wealthy and a reduction in defense spending.

Yeah, and then that stupid Balanced Budget Amendment screwed us over when it came to the wars in Iraq and Iran, because we had to cut back on all those pesky little necessary government services. Thank god President Lamont pushed the effort through to repeal it, even though it burned up all his political capital and cost him a second term.