Thousand-Week Reich - A 'realistic' Nazi victory scenario

Something a little bit different this time, and not something by me. As many of you will know, there is a HOI4 mod in development based on TWR and set in the 50s. One of our devs made an amazing piece of art to be the mod's main menu screen background. Thought you lot would like it too!

Loading_Scerrn.png

So just to clarify, you are in charge of creating the world and lore and you have devs helping build the mod itself?

So just to clarify, you are in charge of creating the world and lore and you have devs helping build the mod itself?

Yes. I am in fact in charge of the mod. I also code on the mod, and am the second most prolific in that department after the Germany dev. My area is the US and UK. Part of why updates here may seem a little sporadic, so i apologise for that, but most of my spare time goes into mod development.

Last edited:
So just a general related question - since most of my time is going into trying to get the big work on the HOI4 mod done asap, do you lot want to be notified of it? Not every little teaser and stuff, for which you can join the discord or the subreddit r/TWRMod, but big announcements and stuff that shows progress.

So just a general related question - since most of my time is going into trying to get the big work on the HOI4 mod done asap, do you lot want to be notified of it? Not every little teaser and stuff, for which you can join the discord or the subreddit r/TWRMod, but big announcements and stuff that shows progress.

Yes please, love seeing everything come together

Hi guys! Sorry for the wait, was busy and what spare time I had I put into the HOI4 mod, which is coming along nicely. I did decide to start a not-that-major little map and associated lore for the timeline here though, which you should see relatively soon. Keep an eye out, and I hope you all enjoy!

So does this mean that Italy, despite holding Tunisia and Libya for enough time to settle them and integrate them into the terra firma, eventually lets them go?

They are independent, due to international pressure, though Italy kept Tripoli. Italy probably still holds some level of influence there.

As Germany re-centralises, is there any discussion on changing the C-pennant flag to something less generic?

Also, Corsica appears to have the same map colour as Italy; is that a mistake?

They are independent, due to international pressure, though Italy kept Tripoli. Italy probably still holds some level of influence there.

Keeping some of it makes sense - too easy to flood with settlers and too much oil for letting go of all of it to be realistic.

As Germany re-centralises, is there any discussion on changing the C-pennant flag to something less generic?

Also, Corsica appears to have the same map colour as Italy; is that a mistake?

I'd imagine there is some movement to changing the flag to something like the golden tricolour.

As for Corsica, as of the rest of the stuff i've made, Italy keeps Corsica as part of the 1961 settlement.

I'd imagine there is some movement to changing the flag to something like the golden tricolour.

As for Corsica, as of the rest of the stuff i've made, Italy keeps Corsica as part of the 1961 settlement.

Uh, just realized now that corsica is still italian.

That's just hard to believe IMO, even if italy manages to be quiet while the west is invading germany, even if they cooperate with the Toronto accord, they would still be seen as former aggressive and expensionist power, if they get pressured to leave most of libya, you can be sure they will be pressured to leave corsica. They were told to return to their interwar boundary everywhere except for it, why? France would want it, you can be sure of that, i'd even argue that italy keeping corsica is nearly as big as germany keeping Alsace Moselle and would for sure prevent any economic cooperation in the decades following the end of the war.

There may be a way to get them to vote on their future in the 60s, but considering that they have a history of being proud (the corsican resistance was quite strong and played a very important role in its liberation IRL) and since it was more developped than sardinia i doubt mussolini could do the same large development program as he did there to win over the population, it's extremely unlikely they would rather be italian than french or independant.

Sorry i just don't buy it, i get that they return to their interwar border, i also get that they keep tripoli because it would be overwhelmingly italian and i guess France and the UK wouldn't care too much about it, but corsica wouldn't be italian and France would VERY strongly want it back, an independant corsica is barely plausible, although that would make france extremely resentful of the UK/US. But an italian corsica with france just accepting it and willing to cooperate economically with Italy? Sorry that's ASB given what we know about this world, Maybe you have an explanation.

Shit, they lose the dodecanese, which they DID have during the interwar, to the greeks they invaded, but they keep corsica, which they didn't have during the interwar? It's just not consistent.

Uh, just realized now that corsica is still italian.

That's just hard to believe IMO, even if italy manages to be quiet while the west is invading germany, even if they cooperate with the Toronto accord, they would still be seen as former aggressive and expensionist power, if they get pressured to leave most of libya, you can be sure they will be pressured to leave corsica. They were told to return to their interwar boundary everywhere except for it, why? France would want it, you can be sure of that, i'd even argue that italy keeping corsica is nearly as big as germany keeping Alsace Moselle and would for sure prevent any economic cooperation in the decades following the end of the war.

There may be a way to get them to vote on their future in the 60s, but considering that they have a history of being proud (the corsican resistance was quite strong and played a very important role in its liberation IRL) and since it was more developped than sardinia i doubt mussolini could do the same large development program as he did there to win over the population, it's extremely unlikely they would rather be italian than french or independant.

Sorry i just don't buy it, i get that they return to their interwar border, i also get that they keep tripoli because it would be overwhelmingly italian and i guess France and the UK wouldn't care too much about it, but corsica wouldn't be italian and France would VERY strongly want it back, an independant corsica is barely plausible, although that would make france extremely resentful of the UK/US. But an italian corsica with france just accepting it and willing to cooperate economically with Italy? Sorry that's ASB given what we know about this world, Maybe you have an explanation.

Shit, they lose the dodecanese, which they DID have during the interwar, to the greeks they invaded, but they keep corsica, which they didn't have during the interwar? It's just not consistent.

Hmm. Thanks kutku. You make a compelling case. I may change this when it next comes up, but at the same time, I'm trying to avoid too much retconning and inconsistency at this stage. Still, something to mull over.