Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
XVDxICc.png

Just realized this - what is that Uber!Bulgaria doing there.

That's a pretty long time for a telephone game

Yeah it was, we had some... organisation problems, shouldn't have taken more than 2 months.

Do you have links to any other map games? I'm very interested.

The only ones i know of are either on althistoria, i think a few on sufficient velocity, and a former one that we (on various AH discords) organised last summer that you can see the results here

We'd probably have to get people to sign up for it somewhere on the site, so we know who's fair game to ask to continue the game. This could be the next MotF, for all we know.

I don't think the format would fit in a MotF, a separate game sure.

A phone map game in this forum really would be fun imo. I would love to participate too despite basically only making worlda maps on ms paint (I use other basemap too but only Ms paint). The way that butterfly effect can be seen is really amazing.

What do you guys mean by "phone game" ?
A game like the telephone kids' game but with maps. So, one person makes a map, and then the next person is given that map and needs to make one in the same scenario. Then, the next person is only given the second map and has to work off that one, and so on and so forth.

A game like the telephone kids' game but with maps. So, one person makes a map, and then the next person is given that map and needs to make one in the same scenario. Then, the next person is only given the second map and has to work off that one, and so on and so forth.

Cool :eek: I'd gladly participate to that despite my small map-making level

SpudNutimus

Banned
Something I've been working on over the past few days. The United States, with as many alternate borders and states as possible, while still basing it on historical proposals.
The complete list of changes:
-Utah gained part of eastern Nevada
-Las Vegas is part of New Mexico
-Utah gained a small piece of Wyoming
-Idaho gained a small piece of Wyoming
-Colorado is now called Jefferson
-New Mexico and Arizona are now split north-south instead of east-west
-The US-Mexican border is slightly different
-The Dakotas are united
-Dakota gained a small piece of Nebraska
-Northeast Wyoming, southwest Dakota, and Southeast Montana are now a state called Absaroka
-The Oklahoma panhandle is a state called Cimmaron
-Eastern Oklahoma is now a native-ruled state called Sequoyah
-The Missouri Bootheel is now part of Arkansas
-The Upper Peninsula of Michigan is now a state called Superior
-Parts of Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida are now a state called West Florida
-Part of Tennessee is now a state called Franklin
-West Virginia, parts of Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, and Kentucky are now a state called Westsylvania
-Parts of Maryland and Virginia are now part of Delaware
-Long Island is now a state called Long Island
-Northern Maine is now Canadian
-An extremely tiny portion of northern New Hampshire is now an independent Republic called Indian Stream
americamap_alt-5.png

Map i made for the "Apres Moi le Deluge" hoi4 mod guys
treaty_of_madrid_and_the_war_of_1908_11__deluge__by_qazdr6_ddavv8n-pre.jpg

short description:
Map depicts the territorial changes in north america after the war of 1908-11, and the treaty of madrid, specifically; the american conquest of Florida, Acadia and Illinois country, as well as the break up of New France into Louisiana and Quebec. To get a fuller picture of the Nature of the territorial changes, the majority languages by area are also shown.

High Res link (recomended): https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca8...0.s2dvAEdF9SzV6u8o93KL1Vcvq1vN7Dfv2cV8XkHZJbY

Just realized this - what is that Uber!Bulgaria doing there.
That's not Uber!Bulgaria, that's the Danubian Union. Basically, when the Balkans broke away from the collapsing Ottoman Empire ITTL, they decided it'd be best to stick together. And they just kind of grew from there.

finished that WIP

upload_2019-7-4_17-12-45.png

The Americas at the height of Axis advance (1943/44)

i will not be answering any questions in any fashion other than extremely vaguely

_08.12.11_1918.png

Here is 1918 which is the start of another map game I played with myself. Not sure how world reached this stage. But I did get it done up to 2019.
_08.12.11_2019.png

This is 2019 and I can explain how the map got there from the 1918 map above.

Explain Morocco

Okay so 1922-1924 there was a Spanish Civil War similar to OTL. Republicans (or someone like them) won and starting 1927 Spain was a Soviet ally. In 1924 Morocco took control of Rif and West Sahara while remaining a French protectorate (they gained more autonomy however). 1955 Morocco proper became fully independent of France and in 1960 instead of gaining independence Mauritanian protectorates of France became Moroccan autonomous zones. In 1962 Morocco gained a part of Mali while other already independent neighbours thereof gained other chunks. In '63 they gained even more land in the south and took some Saharan territories from Algeria. '64 they gained some more land and other remnants of Mali was given to Guinea. Next year they invaded Algeria. That war was over in a year and Algeria lost Saharan territories. Rest became a Moroccan puppet. In '68 they integrated that puppet as a autonomous region while a communist revolution started in Libya. That revolt created a federation that extended from Tunisia to Central African Republic. It was when this federation was founded that Morocco reached their height in 1975, taking the Malian regions of Guinea. Two years later they seized the Canaries, Ceuta and Melilla from Spain. In '84 that federation collapsed and its North African regions were partitioned between Morocco and Egypt. Tunisia becoming a Moroccan autonomous region plus some desert territory being gained. Tunisia became independent in 2007 and joined the Egyptian led Arab League next year. The year after that (coastal) Algeria became independent and joined the Arab League in the same year. 2013 to 2016 there was a Mauritanian revolt that was put down and in 2018 the Arab League invaded Morocco.

Status
Not open for further replies.