Do you like the Mars Q-bam map?

• Yes

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Yes

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters
A long time ago i created a mars map. Sadly this was half of Q-bam Resolution (Instead of ~2500x5000, it was ~1300x2600)

Today, i have upscaled it and over the course of some weeks i will try my best to make it Q-bam Compatible.

Progress as of Writing:

The thin line you see is the familiar Q-bam border 1px-thin, while the black lines you see are 4 times as big (upscaled 2x, so it's 4x now)

I know this is my third threat on the forum already but i really wanted to do this sometime. When this is finished i will also upscale my Venus map, which was about the same size.

If i make updates, i will write it down below VVV

EDIT: MARS MAP DONE
https://i.imgur.com/RlsAWMf.png
RlsAWMf.png

Last edited:
Someone's done this already.

Just over a year ago XO Maenadicus made two Mars topographic maps that I'm pretty sure are QBAM compatible; the projection is wrong (Kavrayskiy VII), but seeing as the QBAM itself has is its own unique weird dodgy pseudo-Robinson projection I don't think it matters, while the scale is pretty dead-on (I double-checked and did the maths to confirm that quickly about a year ago, all part of a project that still has yet to see the light of day unfortunately).

If you want to continue with this, by all means go ahead, its just a bit futile seeing as its all been done before.

I bring you: A K7 projection Mars, to scale with QBAM. With topography. And in 2 different sea levels.

unknown.png

unknown.png

the colour scheme being used is the lovely X2 by @Ashtagon

Just over a year ago XO Maenadicus made two Mars topographic maps that I'm pretty sure are QBAM compatible; the projection is wrong (Kavrayskiy VII), but seeing as the QBAM itself has is its own unique weird dodgy pseudo-Robinson projection I don't think it matters, while the scale is pretty dead-on (I double-checked and did the maths to confirm that quickly about a year ago, all part of a project that still has yet to see the light of day unfortunately).

If you want to continue with this, by all means go ahead, its just a bit futile seeing as its all been done before.

Thing is, it is already around third / half done and i don't want to scrap it. Also it has the same dimensions as conventional qbam maps, with the added bonus of looking like one (because of the color sheme)

also i think this would be a good time to post an update

upload_2019-7-3_0-11-44.png

Stuff in lime green is done. It is lime green so you can see it easier on the ocean

upload_2019-7-3_13-42-26.png
Map Update:
Removed some lakes as they were unnecessary, however i left in the cooler looking one. estimated completion time: tomorrow evening

Last edited:
This map seems relatively low-quality, judging by the... smooth squiggliness of it. Is Noctis Labyrinthus not underwater on this map?
i only upscaled the map. didn't change anything else. however this makes it the largest (at least in pixel dimensions) mars qbam map

it is mainly to be used for alternative history mars (duh)

Beautiful map ! Why i can't find a Q-Bam map just like that but with the Earth instead ?