The Q-BAM Improvement and Core Thread

Finished RotC, South Sudan, Guinea and Ghana. Lost all the Ethiopia progress (may redo though)
Patches 7.png

Solomon, Vanuatu and New Caledonia Patch.
EDIT: Added first level subdivisions, municipalities of New Caledonia and patched Tonga.
upload_2019-6-26_9-6-59.png

Last edited:
Ahn hi, I do not know if anyone has already done or tried to create coordinates in Q-BAM, but I started to build these coordinates and I ended up with some things. Assuming that most of the map currently drawn is correct and comparing this to the coordinates in Google Earth, the equator line is not in the middle of the Q-BAM but rather the 2 pixels above the middle.

2 pixels may not look like much but because of this it could be that the distortion at the poles and or the size of the map are wrong. I continued to construct the latitude lines every 5th degree from this non-central equator, and to my surprise the parallels I was drawing fit perfectly when inverted where the line of that latitude should pass in the opposite hemisphere, and this is clearly visible from degrees 55°N to 55°S, implying that this area of the map is drawn correctly (exceeding 55° degrees in the south there is only water and Antarctica, so I can not say if the position of lands and latitudes it's correct). So I drew in olive-green what would the edge of the map look like using those parallels.

This gave me some conclusions about a probable problem on the map: 1) That for some reason the whole map was drawn farther north than it should and that the distortion in degrees above 55 ° is incorrect; or what I believe has happened is 2) The map is larger than it should be having only the Antarctica being further south than it should and with an incorrect distortion; and well I too can be completely wrong, and also the error in the distortion would not be so big, but even so it is a mistake.

ddadvkl-3989e3cb-e99d-454e-a85e-edf08f0966ce.png

EDIT: If anyone is interested, here is the map grid with an alpha background
ddaf4o9-9d399421-10f7-4191-befb-4c147d1733ea.png

Last edited:
Well, meridians every 5th degree, still needs "a little polishing" (as you can see from the central longitudes), but I would say it is already usable. Some things: the "Qreenwich line" (what terrifying name to pronounce is that?) Is made by 2 pixels because the Q-BAM is, at least horizontally, symmetric in terms of pixels, this could be changed if the map was decreased or increased by 1 pixel in width; the method of how I found the positions of the meridians was pure mathematics, so I would say that you can trust them more than the parallels.

A few more things: the divisions of Antarctica, Greenland and the border between Canada and Alaska are, according to the meridians, a little badly inclined, and if I am not mistaken the Maldives are a little more north than they should in relation to the rest of the map. Anyways, here are the pictures

ddadvkl-5eceed59-77be-457c-8880-80f056be9419.png

ddaf4o9-fbb261d9-76bd-478e-a1bd-71422e438e0f.png

Well, meridians every 5th degree, still needs "a little polishing" (as you can see from the central longitudes), but I would say it is already usable. Some things: the "Qreenwich line" (what terrifying name to pronounce is that?) Is made by 2 pixels because the Q-BAM is, at least horizontally, symmetric in terms of pixels, this could be changed if the map was decreased or increased by 1 pixel in width; the method of how I found the positions of the meridians was pure mathematics, so I would say that you can trust them more than the parallels.

A few more things: the divisions of Antarctica, Greenland and the border between Canada and Alaska are, according to the meridians, a little badly inclined, and if I am not mistaken the Maldives are a little more north than they should in relation to the rest of the map. Anyways, here are the pictures

ddadvkl-5eceed59-77be-457c-8880-80f056be9419.png

ddaf4o9-fbb261d9-76bd-478e-a1bd-71422e438e0f.png

Where's the Greenwich Meridian then?
Also, apparently Q-BAM uses Oslo for its Meridian line, not Hamburg as I thought.

Last edited:
@ST15RM how's the progress in the rest of the states (Tennessee, Louisiana, Virginia, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Florida)?

And for Tennessee, there is a legal subdivision between the state and the counties: the Grand Divisions. Not sure if you need to add it as well.
@ST15RM I really need these states done, please. Could you show me the progress?

ST15RM

Banned
@ST15RM I really need these states done, please. Could you show me the progress?
sorry, i haven't gotten around to it (a big road trip and my involvement in multiple projects had my mind off this) i PINKY PROMISE that i'll get to them tomorrow (it's like 11 pm here and i'm gonna to go bed soon)

n5aGwsw.png
so a while ago i complained about the border between wales and england, specifically maelor (the sticky out part in the north east) so ive attempted to fix it. all i did was shrink the mbam border and trace over that, as by eye the mbam border looks right

As I can't allow myself to buy any Paradox-like game, I usually do my own map games using a province map. I noticed the Victoria II basemap falls short on that, so I decided to try doing a Q-BAM province map.
upload_2019-7-3_15-31-55.png

As I can't allow myself to buy any Paradox-like game, I usually do my own map games using a province map. I noticed the Victoria II basemap falls short on that, so I decided to try doing a Q-BAM province map.
View attachment 469817
Are you using the Victoria II provinces on Q-BAM?
Personally, I would split up some provinces: Belgrade along the former Austro-Serbian border, Stettin along the Oder, Carinthia along the 1920 Plebiscite line etc., but I like what you're doing.