Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
dag nab it I was going to make Map Thread XIX.

I was thinking of it too.

I was thinking "in the previous map threads, people have made lists of the most popular maps throughout the thread, so taking that a step further, wouldn't it be neat if the map thread's OP threadmarked each post with over 50 upvotes? I could do that!"

...and then I checked, and found the thread already in existence. Oh well. Next time ^_^

I was thinking of it too.

I was thinking "in the previous map threads, people have made lists of the most popular maps throughout the thread, so taking that a step further, wouldn't it be neat if the map thread's OP threadmarked each post with over 50 upvotes? I could do that!"

...and then I checked, and found the thread already in existence. Oh well. Next time ^_^
I mean...
If y'all dont mind reminding me I could do it.

Advamvy.png

Here's something - a new TTRPG setting. It's your typical kitchen sink-type setting, fantasy counterpart cultures for days.

Map thread is dead, Long Live the Map Thread!

Really should have had a map ready for this. Oh well I had things I was working on. Probably could get one out in a short time.

states.png

Here's an old in-universe map of one of the superpowers on this planet, the Confederation of Concordian Republics. A grandeur and colonially sculpted economic behemoth, a confederal parliamentary constitutional republic, Concordia have a tricameral parliament, the Commons' Council, the lower house, and the Diet, the upper house, they're just regular houses of legislature that practices a Westminster layout and proportioned representation. There's also the Union Congress, a house which the seats are run by people from labor unions, which they review legislation made by the Council that regard anything having to do with labor in general, which they edit and approve. The capital of the country is Lanton located within the CCR, and the largest being Port Kee, located in Ulfton with a population of just about 12 million people.

The map here is very outdated but I just felt like sharing it, there might be another one in the works as I work on a larger scale version of the world map. Concordia at the moment is very susceptible to change...

XVDxICc.png

And They Shall Eat Cake
I don't really know where to begin with this... monstrosity. My general idea behind it is that some ASBs go down concerning Marie Antoinette on May 10, 1774, the day she ascended to the throne of France alongside her husband, King Louis XVI. That ASB event is either that she starts to get premonitions of the future (e.g. the American Revolution, the French Revolution, the Napoleonic Wars, colonization, etc.), or the mind of some normal person from OTL 2019 (probably me, considering I made this map with my own prior knowledge and interests) is put in her body. Either way, Marie Antoinette starts controlling Louis XVI from the shadows as a sort of puppet master, has a young Napoleon Bonaparte brought to Versailles and serve as a loyal soldier of the Empire, convinces Louis not to fund the American Revolution but to rather retake Canada from Britain and later Louisiana and New Spain from Spain... and things just kind of spiral out of control from there. This is a map of the world from 1900. There are only five major powers, these being (in order of most powerful) France, Great Britain, Russia, Prussia, and Portugal.

I may eventually make a timeline based off of this map, if I feel up to it.

2019.png

2019 in one of my solo (as in just me) map games (I made maps for every year starting with OTL 1914). Some highlights include:
1. North Korea!USA east of the Mississippi.
2. USA remnant with only 13 states remaining.
3. Current post-communist Central American Union.
4. Argentina serving as Serbia analogue with Uruguay as Montenegro and Patagonia as Kosovo.
5. Russians having to deal with a war on terror in Congo after deposing Congolese Saddam. With three different insurgent armies in the Congo. Southern one is most like their Chinese patrons and supported by Angola. Eastern one wants to restore Congo before Russian Invasion. Northern one created new West South Sudanese and Central African governments, currently moving into Chad. They are the most Extreme (Khmer Rouge/North Korea).
6. Russian and Ottoman monarchies are still going strong.
7. Indian Civil War moving to a close after recognizing Bengal and giving Hyderabadi rebels an autonomous Principality under the republic. Muslims in the west signed a ceasefire with the government which shall hopefully be turned into a proper peace.
8. Malaysia was the most loyal part of British Imperial Remnant, Singapore serving as the Imperial capital while Union of Britannic Syndicalist Commonwealths existed.
9. Laos was partitioned between their neighbors.
10. Australia and New Zealand are republics since the reunification between the Communist and Loyalist (Imperial Dominion) governments.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.