The Yankee Dominion: A Map and World Building Project

ST15RM

Banned
upload_2019-6-9_15-21-24.png

have a wikibox!

Do we have a snap election perhaps? Movement for Democracy taking over for a bit with the help of Against the System and the Environmental League.

ST15RM

Banned
@Oryxslayer you have any plans/things you want to get done here?
i have a few things that i’ve got in mind (in no particular order):
  • politics in mass
  • election results in new guinea
  • flags of the world
  • a certain russian politician who ends up in alaska (you’ll see eventually)

Again, I should stress the importance of a country box. I’ve tried making one myself but it’s sloppy. If we have a basic info box with all the necessary info like GDP, population, etc, we can move onto the next step, which would be opening the official thread.

This thread should continue to exist as a testing ground for ideas as we go forward. That way the main thread will be less cluttered and any potential retcons can be adjusted from there.

Again, I should stress the importance of a country box. I’ve tried making one myself but it’s sloppy. If we have a basic info box with all the necessary info like GDP, population, etc, we can move onto the next step, which would be opening the official thread.

This thread should continue to exist as a testing ground for ideas as we go forward. That way the main thread will be less cluttered and any potential retcons can be adjusted from there.

I absolutely would but i really suck at any kind of wikiboxes (the main reason i haven't decided to do my own wikibox tl tbh).

Well, While we are still figuring out the next step for this thread I figured it was my duty to my home country to make an International election map for Aotearoa with the Party System and population numbers created by @Spens1
Aoteroa Election Map 2018.png

Results: Kaipori (Community) and Huringa (Change) Coalition

Attachments

• Aoteroa Election Map 2018.png
    Aoteroa Election Map 2018.png
    90.9 KB · Views: 1,384
Last edited:
@Oryxslayer you have any plans/things you want to get done here?
i have a few things that i’ve got in mind (in no particular order):
  • politics in mass
  • election results in new guinea
  • flags of the world
  • a certain russian politician who ends up in alaska (you’ll see eventually)

Sorry about totally vanishing, my situation right now is sucking up most of my time. If any of you follows my map-based twitter account, then you will know that I have kinda put most of my 'free-time' projects in general on hold, basically going silent there as well. So the thread isn't dead, I just need to get past this moment in my life. So go ahead and do what you want to do, I'll probably rejoin this thread at the worst in a months time.

ST15RM

Banned

i completely forgot about it, if i could i’m gonna need to do some number crunching, and find someone with Inkscape
Well, While we are still figuring out the next step for this thread I figured it was my duty to my home country to make an International election map for Aotearoa with the Party System and population numbers created by @Spens1
View attachment 468609
Results: Kaipori (Community) and Huringa (Change) Coalition
nice! now if you could make a blank electoral map of new guinea that would be great.
Sorry about totally vanishing, my situation right now is sucking up most of my time. If any of you follows my map-based twitter account, then you will know that I have kinda put most of my 'free-time' projects in general on hold, basically going silent there as well. So the thread isn't dead, I just need to get past this moment in my life. So go ahead and do what you want to do, I'll probably rejoin this thread at the worst in a months time.
that is fine, i’ll keep this thread going, and since i’m back from a road trip i have more time to work.

ST15RM

Banned
up, looks like the results have come in for the snap election in new guinea! credit to @Riley Uhr for the map

4k7yxzU.png

Results: Movement for Democracy and Against the System coalition

Last edited:
Some Wikiboxes on American pop Culture which I did last night while watching Grace & Frankie
MarylinMonroe.png

I Imagine in this timeline Marylin Monroes Family would stay in the midwest as a poor Kentuckian family. Her family marries her off to a much older man at 14 whom she runs away from to go to Chicago where the film industry was taking off competing with the New York film industry. She stars a minor role in a CBS made film at 15 and gradually becomes a pop culture sensation as film executives took a liking to her. She was cast in films such as Gentlemen Prefer Blondes. She meets Joe Dimaggio while he visits Chicago for a sporting opportunity and Travels back to New York with him to further her career. She marries Dimaggio and divorces him after only a year. She marries Playwright Arthur Miller and uses his profession to start a stage career in Broadway starring in The Sound of Music for a year until she leaves the cast in 1959 to star in Some Like it Hot. She divorces Arthur Miller in 1961 and puts her career on a hiatus due to the constant negative headlines. She starts dating Joe DiMaggio again and remarries him in 1964. She restarts her career and image in 1968 starring in a CBS film The Snow Queen gaining critical acclaim. She gets more roles in science fiction and other fictional stories adapted to screen moving away from comedy and romance. She even stars in the final season of Star Trek. Her second marriage to DiMaggio was put in strain after DiMaggio demanded Monroe give him children. Due to her endometriosis, this proved difficult. She had her first child, Kimberly, in 1970 at 44. The pregnancy and Childbirth almost killed her but her refusal to have more children lead the marriage to end in divorce. After working with CBS for another 12 years she went on a second Hiatus in 1980. With her new Husband, she adopts two other children Micheal and Maureen. She moves from acting to political activism vocally supporting liberal causes. She briefly runs as a Liberal candidate in a Chicago by-election but didnt make it through candidate selection. She returns to the film industry by doing voice acting for Disney Films like Beauty and the Beast. She makes many cameo appearances in sitcoms like Freinds and The Golden Girls. Monroe stars in Many Movies during the early 2000s becoming popular among the younger generations. For the rest of her life, she continued to be a political activist and pop culture celebrity. Monroe Died suddenly after a night of heavy drinking

this is where I give up on writeups so here's another box.
I Love Lucy.png

Last edited:
Okay after re-reading the thread for the third time I have gathered together a Google Document of possible content for this thread. I have tried to make it public and editable, the plan is to have a large list of things and for people to pick them off one by one. If there is a conversation about possible content for this thread I would appreciate it if I could be invited because Id like to help out more in creating content

ST15RM

Banned
Okay after re-reading the thread for the third time I have gathered together a Google Document of possible content for this thread. I have tried to make it public and editable, the plan is to have a large list of things and for people to pick them off one by one. If there is a conversation about possible content for this thread I would appreciate it if I could be invited because Id like to help out more in creating content

there is no conversation. a lotta of the stuff i've done i came up with on the fly.
like this:
upload_2019-7-17_12-5-43.png

but hey, i'm willing to work on some of the stuff you listed.

(edit: replaced united states with commonwealth of america)

Last edited:
Heres some Stuff on Deseret

Deseret Revolution.png

The Deseret Revolution was the Conflict between the Recently Formed government of the Republic of Deseret and the Army organised by the Church of Latter-Day Saints.

Deseret separated from Mexico in late 1920 after the Mexican government caved into multiple secessionist movements Including California, Texas, Sonora, Rio Grande and Chihuahua. Deseret was unique from these former Mexican states in the way it was formerly politically dominated by members of the Mormon Church. The Church lost its power after Deseret became an Independent Parliamentary Republic.

The Newly Elected Prime Minister, Culbert Olson, was privately Athiest and believed that church and state should be separated. His Liberal party won a majority in the new Deseret Assembly as the Mormon parties were associated with the Old Mexican Central government.

His new government passed new social and law reforms aimed at making Deseret into a liberal republic. A lot of the reforms were directly aimed at the thinking instilled by the Church and Old state government. The Church started speaking openly against the government and threatened that if Prime Minister Olson continued with the reforms 'going against the word of god' that the church would take physical action. Olsen demanded that these words were a threat to the republic and demanded that LDS president Herber J Grand should be arrested.

On the 3rd of June police showed up to the residence of Herber J Grant giving him an ultimatum to retract his words and become apolitical. An enraged member of the church who saw the situation physically assaulted the officer and was joined by other members who escalated the physical conflict. This incident prompted a national batallion to close in on the residence. The Church quickly organised a small militia to engage in combat with the Batallion.

These conflicts inspired the Mormon Militia to grow. The first target of the growing militia was to overtake the Capital buildings. The central government learned of this plan and the Prime Minister was evacuated to Grand Junction. The Militia eventually had occupied most populated areas of the country smaller towns were usually eager to be occupied by the Church Militia. California announced its opposition to the new Church Ran government in 1923 and at the request of Prime Minister Olsen aided the Central Government.

Over the course of 2 years, the Militia made its way through the rest of the country only being slowed by the Californian supplies rather than stopped. On the 5th of July, the Church formally took over the Deseret Government with the President of the Church becoming President. Prime Minister Olsen lived the rest of his life in Texas after the New Government threated to imprison him.

President Of Deseret.png

Political Parties of Deseret

Legal Parties:

The Church of Jesus of Latter-day Saints- The only legal Political party in Deseret since 1925 when the Liberal Party was banned and elections were suspended. The Church's views are reflected in national social laws with Deseret being far behind on social issues. One of the Notable social issues was woman's suffrage which was enacted by the Liberal Government in 1921 but revoked in 1925 and being Re-Instated only in 1992 although both men and women are denied full sufferage only being allowed to elect local city councils of which there are no political parties. along with the many liberal social laws revoked in the late 20s, there is also a Moral dress code which regulates Female Hemlines to be above the ankle or longer as well as females to wear clothes with a jewel neckline. These clothing laws were only recently liberalised in the 2000s with arrest becoming less frequent and women now allowed to wear clothes with a slightly shorter hemline. People who wear clothing designed for the opposite sex (Pants on Women, Skirts on Men) will be arrested if seen in public. The Church heavily censors free press with the government-run Deseret News the only organisation allowed to be sold and distributed in public. Freedom of Speech is also heavily limited, online forums and social media in Deseret are hard to come by as most larger websites have been restricted for "Immoral Behaviour". Public Protest or Meetings against the Church are heavily restricted. The Government is very isolationist and rarely communicates with foreign governments making demographic data difficult to find. Citizens need government permission to travel out of the country and emigration is difficult.

Banned Parties:

The Liberal Party of Deseret- The Liberal Party of the 20s only exists as an underground movement in opposition to the restrictive laws of the Theocracy. Members of the party often meet in secret in events disguised as neighbourhood dinners leading to increased surveillance of neighbourhoods with tenancies to host such meetings.

Solidarity Party of Deseret- Remnant of the Solidarity party of the 1910s and 1920s. Similar goals to the Liberals except calling for better working conditions. Due to the countries isolationist nature, a high amount of Labor is needed in Farming or the Extraction of Natural Resources. International Labor laws are often violated in secret to sustain these industries.

Anti-Theist Action- ATA (as it is referred to in National Newspapers) is a political organisation that calls for the imprisonment of the President of the LDS and the members of the Church unless they promise to convert away from the church. A leaked plan from the party in the 1990s was the plan to set off bombs in multiple Mormon churches across the country in 'Step One' of its plan to initiate a revolution against the government and Install a new government and force all citizens to convert to atheism. Often responsible for domestic terrorist attacks, is often used as a boogeyman by the Church and is used as a reason for the continued suspension of National Elections.

Attachments

• Deseret Revolution.png
    Deseret Revolution.png
    100.9 KB · Views: 649
  • Deseret Revolution.png
    Deseret Revolution.png
    100.9 KB · Views: 310
Last edited:

ST15RM

Banned
Heres some Stuff on Deseret
that's really cool.
i noticed that you put uriankhai on the doc.

it's kinda hard to explain, but here's a general timeline:
- uriankhai is part of china until the 20s
- sternberg takes over and becomes khan until his death in 1976
- there is a period of infighting between generals and the country erupts into civil war
- a pro-democracy militia, backed by mongolia, overthrows the generals
- the country rapidly modernizes and becomes a full democracy, primary dominated by social democrats.

Can somebody give me an answer for the missing values for the wiki box
GDP (PPP), GDP, HNI and HDI. From what I've calculated the total area of America is 17,325,082 km2 the Water area I'm uncertain of but with some averages I calculated it to be 8.11% of the country although its probably higher