Explain the AH Quote

The 11th of The New Commandments a seminal piece of religious literature written and published in 2009 by Pope Antagonius I (the first American Pope). A large section of Christianity as a whole, from Orthodox to Catholic to even Protestants and Copts in East Africa all decried the tome as heretical. Antagonius I was deposed in a palace coup by the College of Cardinals and sent back to his home of Atlanta where he, going by his birth name of Nathan Stermier founded the New Christian Church. The church quickly exploded in popularity among the left for its radically progressive stances on everything from gay marriage to no-kill animal shelters. While officially a heretical sect its quickly turned the increasingly atheistic young left wing back to religion and is at least partially credited with a recent uptick in religiosity among the younger generation.

"The First Family is white trash. Might was well turn the White House into a trailer."

Comment by comedian/actor George Carlin after President Helms made a racist joke to Zambia's President.

Defeat is not the death of an enemy, but the elimination of his legacy. We must not merely win the battles on the ground, but also hearts and minds.

Defeat is not the death of an enemy, but the elimination of his legacy. We must not merely win the battles on the ground, but also hearts and minds.
President Paul-Michel Bichard (1821-1897) on his controversial "Spanking Strategy", in which the union was much stricter with the South following Lincoln's assassination in 1863, with high amounts of taxes, curfews, and reeducation schools placed on its people.

"I detest smoking. Its a cancer on the house's body, literally so. From now on Britain shall be cigar-free." - Winston Churchill

President Paul-Michel Bichard (1821-1897) on his controversial "Spanking Strategy", in which the union was much stricter with the South following Lincoln's assassination in 1863, with high amounts of taxes, curfews, and reeducation schools placed on its people.

"I detest smoking. Its a cancer on the house's body, literally so. From now on Britain shall be cigar-free." - Winston Churchill

Winston Churchill, announcing his wartime "Quit for Victory" campaign. After a massive heart attack in 1936, Churchill became a teetotaling non-smoker. During the Second World War, he ordered the heavy taxation of cigarettes, both to encourage good health among soldiers and for the purposes of rationing.

While disliked, the program did lead to less lung and heart disease among soldiers and the public.

Churchill was able to live until 1978, which he attributed to giving up tobacco and booze.

"Kindness has economic value. The less cruel you are to a people, the less likely you'll have to fight expensive wars."

"Kindness has economic value. The less cruel you are to a people, the less likely you'll have to fight expensive wars."

Falsely attributed to Catherine de Médicis, this quote from Du Bellay was in reference to the public balls the Black Queen was helding for the common folks, to entertain them and make them feel like monarchy was close to them. As Rabelais It's been a few decades since this quote has been proved to be from Du Bellay, and not from the Queen Regent, by the Docteur d'Aoste-de la Pagerie, whom said "It is the tragedy of Catherine, the Black Queen, where she had a perfume cabinet, people saw poison bottles."

"Head to the Volga, it's our only hope"
Catherine II of Russia

"Head to the Volga, it's our only hope"
Catherine II of Russia
Taken from the letter sent by Catherine II of Russia to General Grigory Potempkin during the War of the Quadruple Alliance in the 1780s. With Ottoman forces descending on the city of Tsartsyn and Polish-Lithuanian troops storming their way through Ukraine Russian forces were divided on how to beat them with many favoring either a scorched Earth campaign or trying to beat the two armies separate before they could link up. When Potempkin got the so called Volga Letter many took it as the Tsarina favoring the scortched earth policy, even as modern scholars agree she was telling Potempkin himself to flee to the Volga and save himself from the shame of defeat. The tactic worked and as winter rolled in both armies began to wither as Potemkin fortified the cities and burned the fields. This led to the apocalyptic Battle of The Volga where +100,000 people were killed in just the first day of fighting.

"I killed the child, now gimmie the medal."

Taken from the letter sent by Catherine II of Russia to General Grigory Potempkin during the War of the Quadruple Alliance in the 1780s. With Ottoman forces descending on the city of Tsartsyn and Polish-Lithuanian troops storming their way through Ukraine Russian forces were divided on how to beat them with many favoring either a scorched Earth campaign or trying to beat the two armies separate before they could link up. When Potempkin got the so called Volga Letter many took it as the Tsarina favoring the scortched earth policy, even as modern scholars agree she was telling Potempkin himself to flee to the Volga and save himself from the shame of defeat. The tactic worked and as winter rolled in both armies began to wither as Potemkin fortified the cities and burned the fields. This led to the apocalyptic Battle of The Volga where +100,000 people were killed in just the first day of fighting.

"I killed the child, now gimmie the medal."

Said by Abraham Gaon after assassinating Karl von Watter, the only son of the infamous dictator Oskar von Watter who dominated Pomerania during the Pomeranian Reich Period of European history in the 1900's. Abraham was the only survivor of a Jewish family to survive the Watter Purges and by killing the last von Watter, Abraham believed he would be seen as a hero, instead he was arrested for murder, tried and sentenced to death but granted a pardon a year later and sent into exile for the rest of his life to the Jewish State created out of The Ukraine in the aftermath of the First Great War.

"Don't you feel secure beneath the watchful eyes?"

"Is this the part where I recite the blessing phrase?"

"...Yes."

"Well prepare to be disappointed."

A climactic line from the 2005 film God's Domain, a dystopian science-fiction action film about an angel (Wesley Snipes) sent down to help a resistance break up an evangelist dystopia, led by a sinister yet childish leader (Kurtwood Smith). Many have seen the film as a commentary on the presidency of Pat Robertson, more specifically its impact on black catholics.

"Don't worry, son. You're not a freak. There have always been ignorant bigots who punch down at those different and less fortunate from them so they don't have to realise they're the lowest of the low and change themselves in any way."

"Don't worry, son. You're not a freak. There have always been ignorant bigots who punch down at those different and less fortunate from them so they don't have to realise they're the lowest of the low and change themselves in any way."

Luisa N. "Lariat Lou" Bonaparte, Tenth President of the Republic of Texas (and its first Hispanic, female and sapphist president) and leader of the so-called "Rio Grande Revolution" civil rights movement, comforting a young supporter. Although she was a direct descendant of the Emperor Napoleon I, she was, ironically, considered an enemy of the French Empire.

"You are an enemy of the Britons! You will be exterminated! Exterminate! EXTERMINATE! EX-TER-MIN-ATE!"

"You are an enemy of the Britons! You will be exterminated! Exterminate! EXTERMINATE! EX-TER-MIN-ATE!"

Quote from the doctor who episode "Elizabeth II, Lady Protector of the Daleks", where the Doctor lands in an alternate reality, where WW2 has been thirty years long and was resolved by the use of a bunch of Torchwood-modified Daleks by the RAF to destroy the Nazis. Elizabeth II, queen at this moment, became progressively mad, as the Daleks were poisoning her food and mind to control her. In fact, her food poisoning was her being slowly converted into a Dalek, and she tried to kill the Doctor before holding herself back and politely offering them a seat to discuss their future extermination together. The episode finally ended on the Queen taking back her mind, and "abdicating" by jumping into the main reactor of Calder Hall with the last remaining dalek.

"Mlle Adelaide Mussolini, the people have spoken. You are now the chairwoman of the Christian Progressive Party."

"Mlle Adelaide Mussolini, the people have spoken. You are now the chairwoman of the Christian Progressive Party."
The closing sentence in the Mussolini Re-Election Speech in 2019. With the rule of the Fascist party already a distant memory to most Il Duce's family, the wealthy and influential Mussolini's kept their fingers in the Italian political pie sparking a dynasty that is considered one of the most influential in Italian history. Mussolini family members are in prominent party positions everywhere from the far left to the far right and everything in between and while political differences do cause tension within the family, the annual Mussolini Family Gathering at Il Duce's former home in Milan is still where most of Italian policy is decided for the next year. The most influential party in Italy, the Christian Progressive Party is the direct successor to the Fascist Party after it re branded in 2007 after the reveal of the Bosnian Massacre. Its current President, and four time President of Italy, is Mlle Adelaide Mussolini and her successor is expected to be her soon to be 19 year old daughter Christina.

"What I did, I did for love."

The closing sentence in the Mussolini Re-Election Speech in 2019. With the rule of the Fascist party already a distant memory to most Il Duce's family, the wealthy and influential Mussolini's kept their fingers in the Italian political pie sparking a dynasty that is considered one of the most influential in Italian history. Mussolini family members are in prominent party positions everywhere from the far left to the far right and everything in between and while political differences do cause tension within the family, the annual Mussolini Family Gathering at Il Duce's former home in Milan is still where most of Italian policy is decided for the next year. The most influential party in Italy, the Christian Progressive Party is the direct successor to the Fascist Party after it re branded in 2007 after the reveal of the Bosnian Massacre. Its current President, and four time President of Italy, is Mlle Adelaide Mussolini and her successor is expected to be her soon to be 19 year old daughter Christina.

"What I did, I did for love."
Joseph Stalin, on his deathbed. He explained how every death, every lie, every crime, every torture, was done for love of russia's people. Most denied this as the ravings of a dying tyrant trying for martyrdom, but many believed the georgian revolutionary.

"I did what i had to. I led our men and i expected to die doing it. I'm sorry i'm alive instead of your sons. I am the King of the most powerful nation on earth, where i should be yet another man in front of a church while a crown passes on."

"I did what i had to. I led our men and i expected to die doing it. I'm sorry i'm alive instead of your sons. I am the King of the most powerful nation on earth, where i should be yet another man in front of a church while a crown passes on."
Speech given by Tsar Michael Romanov during his trial in Petrograd in 1923. Michael was still serving as a general on the front of WW1 when his brother Nicolas II abdicate the throne and left him the new Emperor. The following years were troubling for Russia as and although the so-called “October Revolution” of 1917 failed, the new national government of Russia was dominated by leftist & populist parties that sought scapegoats to direct the population’s anger against. Tsar Michael was one of the figures arrested and tried on charges of corruption, dereliction of duties and crimes during during his time on the front. For his part Michael, most likely suffering from what modern medical professionals would classify as war-related PTSD, put up a rather ineffectual & depressing defence in court.

“They’re making a Game of Thrones sequel? I swear, if the new show doesn’t feature revolutionary peasant-republics and Marxist Dragons I am DONE with HBO!”

Speech given by Tsar Michael Romanov during his trial in Petrograd in 1923. Michael was still serving as a general on the front of WW1 when his brother Nicolas II abdicate the throne and left him the new Emperor. The following years were troubling for Russia as and although the so-called “October Revolution” of 1917 failed, the new national government of Russia was dominated by leftist & populist parties that sought scapegoats to direct the population’s anger against. Tsar Michael was one of the figures arrested and tried on charges of corruption, dereliction of duties and crimes during during his time on the front. For his part Michael, most likely suffering from what modern medical professionals would classify as war-related PTSD, put up a rather ineffectual & depressing defence in court.

“They’re making a Game of Thrones sequel? I swear, if the new show doesn’t feature revolutionary peasant-republics and Marxist Dragons I am DONE with HBO!”
Rotten Tomatoes critic Doug Walker on the announcement of the new game of thrones sequel: Lannister Debts

"Here's the difference between us, Mr. President. You're ruthless in defending your money. I'm ruthless and without restraint when it comes to defending my people. I gain nothing from a bribe-i gain more from my people's taxes. the senate and the house of representatives are messes of corruption and partisanship. Yours is a country without a government and a dragon without a head. I am an absolute monarch because i know my place. It is not above my people, but below them. i lead them so no one else has to. Your media can call me an evil dictator, but if my people need evil? Then Joseph Stalin himself would cower before me."-Tsar Nicholas

Rotten Tomatoes critic Doug Walker on the announcement of the new game of thrones sequel: Lannister Debts

"Here's the difference between us, Mr. President. You're ruthless in defending your money. I'm ruthless and without restraint when it comes to defending my people. I gain nothing from a bribe-i gain more from my people's taxes. the senate and the house of representatives are messes of corruption and partisanship. Yours is a country without a government and a dragon without a head. I am an absolute monarch because i know my place. It is not above my people, but below them. i lead them so no one else has to. Your media can call me an evil dictator, but if my people need evil? Then Joseph Stalin himself would cower before me."-Tsar Nicholas

Tsar Nicholas II, in a letter response to President Theodore Bilbo, 1935.

Tsar Nicholas II has long been a controversial monarch. He is remembered as the archetypical "benevolent dictator", his 48 year reign (1900-1948), after directly succeeding his grandfather, Tsar Alexander II. He helped modernize his nation, turning it into one of the world's superpowers by the time he died in 1948.

However, he was also known for his harshness toward revolutionaries and ethnic groups such as Jews and Chechens, suppressing nationalist revolts.

"Autocracy with wisdom is paradise. Democracy without morals is chaos."

Tsar Nicholas II, in a letter response to President Theodore Bilbo, 1935.

Tsar Nicholas II has long been a controversial monarch. He is remembered as the archetypical "benevolent dictator", his 48 year reign (1900-1948), after directly succeeding his grandfather, Tsar Alexander II. He helped modernize his nation, turning it into one of the world's superpowers by the time he died in 1948.

However, he was also known for his harshness toward revolutionaries and ethnic groups such as Jews and Chechens, suppressing nationalist revolts.

"Autocracy with wisdom is paradise. Democracy without morals is chaos."
a German commentator on the state of the British and French after German victory in the great war sent the two empires into a careening spiral of craziness that ended with the disillusion of the UK into a People's Union of Alba and the absolutist Kingdom of England and Wales. France's civil war lasted far, far longer, resulting in Brittany leaving, Normandy and Aquitaine going to England, and the whole thing going Communist. The colonies obviously left or were made into German or American colonies.

"A large part of the diplomatic tension that occurred before the onset of the war was French Unification the late 1890s, worrying older powers like Spain and Germany."

-Except from L'etat, C'est Pepin, a biography on Revanchist dictator Francois Pepin, who led the French during the War of '38.

"...do ordain and establish this Constitution for the Republic of Carolina. Done at Charlotte, August 29th, 2035."

Eparkhos

Banned
-Except from L'etat, C'est Pepin, a biography on Revanchist dictator Francois Pepin, who led the French during the War of '38.

"...do ordain and establish this Constitution for the Republic of Carolina. Done at Charlotte, August 29th, 2035."

A quote from the "President" of Carolina-San Miguel, one of dozens of microrepublics that were established in the wake of the Honduran victory in the Football War for the purpose of ceding themselves into Honduras.

"...Towards Lykia, of course."
"Hell, no!"
"Mesazon, you are hardly in a position to curse in the presence of the basileus."
"And your hardly in any position a sane man would put himself in. Calling back the Pale Death, do you have a death wish?"
"The worst he can do is split off a province."
"No, the worst he can do is split your head off your neck. Now you listen to me, or we're all dead men. You keep him the hell away from Anatolia, and you keep him the hell away from the Paristrion."

Deleted member 107125

A quote from the "President" of Carolina-San Miguel, one of dozens of microrepublics that were established in the wake of the Honduran victory in the Football War for the purpose of ceding themselves into Honduras.

"...Towards Lykia, of course."
"Hell, no!"
"Mesazon, you are hardly in a position to curse in the presence of the basileus."
"And your hardly in any position a sane man would put himself in. Calling back the Pale Death, do you have a death wish?"
"The worst he can do is split off a province."
"No, the worst he can do is split your head off your neck. Now you listen to me, or we're all dead men. You keep him the hell away from Anatolia, and you keep him the hell away from the Paristrion."

A famous exchange between Andronikos II and Alexios Philanthropenos, about invading the Turks. He was finally given the job of invading Jerusalem instead, which caused his death and the death of the Byzantine empire. This exchange was popularised by the show ‘Alexios’, dramatising his life, which created several memes.

‘Capitalism can never survive in a world without exploitation. It will always be exploitative and will always kill. If a worker wants to be free, he must not submit to it. He must rise up and break his own chains.
-Alisa Rosenbaum

A famous exchange between Andronikos II and Alexios Philanthropenos, about invading the Turks. He was finally given the job of invading Jerusalem instead, which caused his death and the death of the Byzantine empire. This exchange was popularised by the show ‘Alexios’, dramatising his life, which created several memes.

‘Capitalism can never work without compromise. It will always be exploitative and will always kill. If a worker wants to be free, he must not submit to it’
-Alisa Rosenbaum

Alisa Rosenbaum, the Chairwoman of the Council of People's Deputies, the highest body of the Soviet Union. Rosenbaum was effectively the unofficial ruler of the Soviet Union from 1953 to 1967, when she retired, being the first Soviet leader to retire of her own free will rather then die or be outmaneuvered in a coup.

Rosenbaum, while herself tyrannical, managed to modernize the Soviet economy and transition it toward popular franchise.

"If free enterprise worked, then why does Trump exist?"

"If free enterprise worked, then why does Trump exist?"

Prominent Marxist scholar and historian Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez criticizing real estate mogul Donald Trump and his association with capitalism and free enterprise but also with corruption on CNN in 2014.

“Russians and Americans must unite to fight the Byzantine scourge”