The NextGen OTL Worlda Series

Don Quijote

Banned
Yes, 1st January 1946

Although the existing map wouldn't be accurate for any date in 1946
Bornholm was still under Soviet occupation in January, but that's the only definite mistake I can see. If you don't mind a few other comments:

- Italian Somaliland was still under a British administration at this point, even if it had been officially assigned as an Italian UN Mandate.
- I don't think Oman should be depicted as British. I know it seems to be common practice on a lot of maps, but it was an independent state to at least the same degree as Egypt or Iraq, for example. There's also a border dispute with Saudi Arabia, though it may not be worth including.
- Fighting was ongoing in the Dutch East Indies, so there should probably be something to show a continued Dutch presence which wasn't limited to West Papua.

Bornholm was still under Soviet occupation in January, but that's the only definite mistake I can see. If you don't mind a few other comments:

- Italian Somaliland was still under a British administration at this point, even if it had been officially assigned as an Italian UN Mandate.
- I don't think Oman should be depicted as British. I know it seems to be common practice on a lot of maps, but it was an independent state to at least the same degree as Egypt or Iraq, for example. There's also a border dispute with Saudi Arabia, though it may not be worth including.
- Fighting was ongoing in the Dutch East Indies, so there should probably be something to show a continued Dutch presence which wasn't limited to West Papua.
That's correct.

Why did the 1946 map even exist with all of the errors?

Added the new 2017 map and the revised 1946 map. Great stuff.
I noticed you added the variant with my NCSification for the 2017 map, which has a few mistakes that I didn't bother to iron out.
upload_2019-6-21_8-19-5.png

Here it is fixed to my understanding.

Can anyone inform me what font is used for the headings?
Sure!
For the date, it's "Tw Cen MT condensed" at 18px;
For the heading text, it's "04b03" at 8px. This font can be found online, as it doesn't come with windows (and I presume it does not come on Macs either). This font is also the one used on NCS, and works pretty well with worlda's. Make sure you have anti-aliasing off for both of these.

Sure!
For the date, it's "Tw Cen MT condensed" at 18px;
For the heading text, it's "04b03" at 8px. This font can be found online, as it doesn't come with windows (and I presume it does not come on Macs either). This font is also the one used on NCS, and works pretty well with worlda's. Make sure you have anti-aliasing off for both of these.
Thanks! I already have 04b03, I was just making sure.

Oman was basically a protectorate from 1891 to 1951 due to treaty provisions which it signed with Britain which in limited Oman's independence in foreign relations: https://www.encyclopedia.com/humani...acs-transcripts-and-maps/anglo-omani-treaties

Oman was a protectorate. These maps are meant to show the situation on the ground and that was the situation

Question, are we allowed to use these maps freely for personal use?
Yes, these are public domain. (I assume, seeing as Diamond would still have rights to worlda)

edit: holy motherfucking shit I just realised that we're going to have 13yos joining this site in one or two years who weren't alive when Diamond got banned. Christ this site is getting old.

Is Mongolia reversed? Normally it would be the master controlling the inside with the puppet color outlining the borders. The way it is now makes it look like Mongolia is independent despite being claimed by the SU

Oh hello again Rockall, insignificant speck of land that's not even the target of the territorial dispute (it's the seabed around it), interesting to see you on the map again after you got removed in... 2015 I think it was? 2016?

Oh hello again Rockall, insignificant speck of land that's not even the target of the territorial dispute (it's the seabed around it), interesting to see you on the map again after you got removed in... 2015 I think it was? 2016?

Not to be pedantic, but considering the ownership of the seabeds around Rockall is tied to the ownership of the islet itself, the dispute can be considered to be over who has sovereignty over the island of Rockall, with the British hoisting the Union Jack over the Island in the 1950’s and the Irish Republic dispatching cruisers to patrol the territory and “exercise Ireland's sovereign rights over the rock.”

Not sure why the rock is displayed when something far larger like Lake Balaton is not though, especially if the entire reason for it being displayed (the territorial dispute) was chosen not to be shown at all.

Not to be pedantic, but considering the ownership of the seabeds around Rockall is tied to the ownership of the islet itself, the dispute can be considered to be over who has sovereignty over the island of Rockall, with the British hoisting the Union Jack over the Island in the 1950’s and the Irish Republic dispatching cruisers to patrol the territory and “exercise Ireland's sovereign rights over the rock.”

Not sure why the rock is displayed when something far larger like Lake Balaton is not though, especially if the entire reason for it being displayed (the territorial dispute) was chosen not to be shown at all.
I edited this map from an existing, far worse version, so neither of those were my choice.

Rockall doesn't appear on the Q-BAM.

Also, Hans island has a bigger area than Rockall, but it does not appear on the worlda.

So I think Rockall should be removed from the worlda maps.

Actually. ownership of the rock itself is completely irrelevant.

The entire dispute is over whether Rockall counts as significant enough to extend Britain's exclusive economic area to the surrounding dispute. Britain maintains it is, Ireland and Iceland maintain that as it's tiny and impossible to inhabit it doesn't count.