Alternative History Armoured Fighting Vehicles Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And just me, she is a beautiful tank for what I have plan with her.
And now the tank is thinking "he likes me, he likes me"!
And its another beautiful day on the Alternate Armoured Fighting Vehicles thread.

Last edited:
Been kind of quiet around here so here's some alternate Ferdinands.

# S-Russians.jpg

#Ferdinand.png

#BctlR.png

Thanks man! It doesn't have to be exact, this is more or less just to see how such a beast could look for Mad Missouri's Three Eagles story. Ooh, an M60 hull would be interesting as well.

Thanks man! It doesn't have to be exact, this is more or less just to see how such a beast could look for Mad Missouri's Three Eagles story. Ooh, an M60 hull would be interesting as well.
Here you go and funny you should ask for a Tiger II turret on an M60, I actually was playing with that idea just last week but it didn't look right in the end but the Tiger/Leo looks pretty cool IMO.

=Leo1-Tiger-II.png

I had to raise the roof of the front of the hull a bit but other than that its a pretty good fit. Claymore scaled these pics for me a while back so everything dimension-ally should be right.
I could give the M60/Tiger-II another shot if you like?

A few years ago I played around with an idea I called the Kursk Panther, the idea was what if the Panther turrets had been mounted on Ferdinands and cancelling the faults of each vehicle.
Here's the Jagdpanther version of that idea.

#Ferdinand.png

I quite like the Porsche suspension, the Porsche petrol-electric transmission not so much but it did have some advantages, it was easier to move the engine from the rear to the front of the vehicle I understand.
How about basic field maintenance? ALWAYS make things not just grunt proof, but grunt friendly. Thankfully the Third Reich didn't get that memo.

but lost it later (see initial experience with the M16)

Eh, the initial experiences with the M16 were not really the gun's fault, the US army changed powder types after testing, without testing the new powder in the weapon first. Turns out the M16s didn't like the new powder. Factor in that they didn't really train soldiers about cleaning their weapons, nor did they really issue cleaning kits IIRC, and it's the US Army/government's fault, not the fault of the weapon.

Eh, the initial experiences with the M16 were not really the gun's fault, the US army changed powder types after testing, without testing the new powder in the weapon first. Turns out the M16s didn't like the new powder. Factor in that they didn't really train soldiers about cleaning their weapons, nor did they really issue cleaning kits IIRC, and it's the US Army/government's fault, not the fault of the weapon.
I seen the stuff they were saying about the early M16s. They were claiming they were self-cleaning. I blame McNamara.

Springfield Armory and Ordnance Corps intentionally sabotaged the deployment of the M16 to ensure that the M14 would stay in service. It turned out that all thise Soldiers and Marines they condemned to die in Vietnam died in vain because the M16 did better at Camp Perry than the M14.

Springfield Armory and Ordnance Corps intentionally sabotaged the deployment of the M16 to ensure that the M14 would stay in service. It turned out that all thise Soldiers and Marines they condemned to die in Vietnam died in vain because the M16 did better at Camp Perry than the M14.
Wait, what? Do you have a source for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.