Pop Culture Timelines Go-To Thread

What if instead of the ultramarines movie, gw decides to go for an animated adaptation of the ultramarines novels in 2015?

WI: Yahoo buys Google in 1998 for...

762195e1666497074ede151e0cbeb39738a411d967572cbbe24b90cf8db6011f.jpg

Srsly though, what happens?
That is an honest answer, yahoo might kill google to avoid competition, maybe Page and the russian work with another company(Bing for the irony) and yahoo just died? yahoo is a sad case a company killing himself after passing over purchases seems surefire but were just minor(google make sense, to unify the searcher market), others not so much

Thought of a scenario that is probably unlikely to happen but would be interesting: What if John Carmack had left Id Software with John Romero and Tom Hall to found Ion Storm?

Thought of a scenario that is probably unlikely to happen but would be interesting: What if John Carmack had left Id Software with John Romero and Tom Hall to found Ion Storm?
Why John Carmack would have left his own studio? at the time, Where Romero and Hall the one feel sidelined with Carmack overcontrolling aptitiude and that was much before Betsheda

Why John Carmack would have left his own studio? at the time, Where Romero and Hall the one feel sidelined with Carmack overcontrolling aptitiude and that was much before Betsheda

Because as overbearing as Carmack could be, he was a goddamn wizard when it came to programming and would've been a great hand for Daikatana. As I said, it's unlikely given just how philosophically opposed Carmack and Romero had become at that point. If not leave id, then maybe have Carmack greenlight Daikatana (under ID Tech 2 as per OTL) in order to try and motivate Romero to actually get back to programming (Romero apparently became addicted to playing Doom deathmatch and was not one for making games)

Of course, it's almost a Herculean task to get Romero and Carmack on the same page, but there might be some form of butterfly that can pull it off.

Because as overbearing as Carmack could be, he was a goddamn wizard when it came to programming and would've been a great hand for Daikatana. As I said, it's unlikely given just how philosophically opposed Carmack and Romero had become at that point. If not leave id, then maybe have Carmack greenlight Daikatana (under ID Tech 2 as per OTL) in order to try and motivate Romero to actually get back to programming (Romero apparently became addicted to playing Doom deathmatch and was not one for making games)

Of course, it's almost a Herculean task to get Romero and Carmack on the same page, but there might be some form of butterfly that can pull it off.
Yeah, again Romero did was getting a little distant as Carmack was pushing more the tech side with game rather the 'artistical side' (like doom original ideas, ditto quake with the hammer,etc) so maybe if they push more games could work in a way and avoid the daikatana disaster, maybe ID could greenlight Deus ex and thief themselves too

Here's a WI:

Eric Bischoff had his own private plane when he was running WCW and was even licensed as a private plane pilot. So here's my WI: WI Bischoff, while flying the following wrestlers--Hulk Hogan, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Scott Steiner, Lex Luger, and Miss Elizabeth--to the first Thunder after the Fingerpoke of Doom, gets into a plane crash and kills everyone else on board?

Effects on WCW, anyone?

Here's a WI:

Eric Bischoff had his own private plane when he was running WCW and was even licensed as a private plane pilot. So here's my WI: WI Bischoff, while flying the following wrestlers--Hulk Hogan, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Scott Steiner, Lex Luger, and Miss Elizabeth--to the first Thunder after the Fingerpoke of Doom, gets into a plane crash and kills everyone else on board?

Effects on WCW, anyone?

Reminds me of one I considered but didn't do since I couldn't get a full itinerary for it: What if the Plane Ride from Hell ended in a crash?

I'd probably nudge Steiner off that group since he wasn't an nWo guy yet. Maybe go with DDP in his place since he and Bischoff were buddies.

Here's a WI:

Effects on WCW, anyone?
I don't know for sure. But it would effect more than just the WCW. It would effect professional wrestling as a whole. From the WWF to the smallest local rings... it would actually greatly effect my own life ITTL as my uncle was a professional wrestler.