Map Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
My God, their national animal had better be the guinea pig.

No, make it their national military logo instead.

220px-G-Force_poster.jpg

If, by some incredible twist of fate, you could get Guinea-Guyana union to be Guaraní dominated, you could have the naval empire of Gran Guinea-Guianaguay
You could just call it G̴̯̥̜̝͓̀͐̀̋͂͊͗͘̕͝G̵̨̝̲̈́̅͗͠G̵̡̱͇͉̝̰͎̫̼̬͆̐͋̚͝G̵̺̩͈̙̞͙̗̳̟̹̼̤̣̰͛̒̐̑̏͗G̸̨͈̟͈̠͉̻̮̖͂̋̔͜͠͝

You could just call it G̴̯̥̜̝͓̀͐̀̋͂͊͗͘̕͝G̵̨̝̲̈́̅͗͠G̵̡̱͇͉̝̰͎̫̼̬͆̐͋̚͝G̵̺̩͈̙̞͙̗̳̟̹̼̤̣̰͛̒̐̑̏͗G̸̨͈̟͈̠͉̻̮̖͂̋̔͜͠͝

No Zalgo summoning in the map thread - it always messes up the notes.

Isaac Beach

Banned
This is incredibly cool, especially the detail given to all the names and terminologies. The overall setting reminds me of Sticks and Stones from a few months back, but more focused. A follow-up in the Americas would be fascinating as well, to see how civilization has developed there, or in one of the non-H. sapiens societies of the 'barbarians' or 'squawking men'.

Thanks so much, I’m glad you like it! I may do just that, it’s a great idea. Particularly as the Native Americans are ever so slightly more advanced than those in Akal. And there’s room to explore the squawking men where they’re most dense in East Africa, even if they’re facing collapse at the hands of migrating sapiens.

this is all extremely interesting and I hope you do more with this world. is there an Atlantis equivalent in this world? are there any civilizations in Oceania?

I may well do, though I have other projects at current. I don’t think so, it’s meant to be a sort of fictional historical epoch, and that doesn’t mesh particularly well with Atlantis. But there are probably civilisations in Oceania, I just haven’t thought up the details.

The barbarians are neanderthals, while the 'squawking men' are homo heidelbergensis. They were the first species of homo to lose their air sacs and so may have been capable of speech, albeit not particularly well. The red men are Native Americans, specifically based off of the Old Copper Complex. Because of that this might not actually make migratory sense; the idea that homo sapiens are in the Americas but not Europe, but again, consider it flavour text. This is also my first attempt at pixel art, so be kind, aha.

Lovely! So, ice age civilization in the Sahara, but now the Sahara is drying as the world warms again, plus an earlier New World civilization. One question: are the Free Cities the green area in *Mauretania, or the red area in *Morocco?

snip snap

Man, how did I miss a cool-ass ultra ancient POD map right under my nose? Like, that's my thing, man. But damn dude, this is great! I like how the ancient species all kind of live together. For one, that the Neandrethols are very much able to stand up on equal footing to Homo Sapiens. Where did you get the basemap?

What kind of human languages emerged? Are there any like weird ancient "orphan cultures" around? And btw, if you ever need help with any more hella ancient stuff or wanna collab, I'm totally down.

Here's a little WIP I've been working for the past week or so. Try guessing the world it's based on

Not sure about where its from, but those Transylvania borders are great. I'm always excited to see my home state with its "original" borders ;)

(The rest of the map's gorgeous too of course!)

Here's a little WIP I've been working for the past week or so. Try guessing the world it's based on:

5idX5DT.png
Ooh, mama, that's a very good lookin' Maryland right there. As someone from the Old Line State myself, I give you my official seal of Old Bay-sprinkled, Chesapeake Bay-dunked Maryland seal of approval.

Status
Not open for further replies.