WIP Map Thread

TGG-1281.png
Yay WIP!

See if you can guess the PoD/the world it's set in (Hint: check the city names, every one of them so far)

Cromwell... And given the location in Quebec I'm guessing a Puritan takeover of New France as part or instead of the English Civil War.

Also: Yamask
1200px-562Yamask.png

Gian

Banned
Cromwell... And given the location in Quebec I'm guessing a Puritan takeover of New France as part or instead of the English Civil War.

Current year is 1763 (and the takeover around 1755).

And BTW, Québec ITTL is Providence (while Cromwell actually is Lévis)

Last edited:
This map has also been continued.

unknown.png

Next I'm thinking of the Riverlands. Someone on discord suggested something akin to Renaissance Italy, which is pretty interesting as I want to make the Riverlands more urban and merchant-minded.

If the Reach is constantly divided by bickering feudalism and centuries old blood rivalries then so is the Riverlands, but the smallfolk have found ways around this- their qualities bear the mark of all the cultures and races of Westeros, making them some of the hardiest and sharp minded to ply trade from the headwaters of the Tumbelstone to the balmy shores of the Free Cities.

Is there a thread for this project? Haven't got the guts to commit to it, but was interested in what's going on anyway.

Progress marches on...

I've decided to portray Russia and China as stuck in the throes of ceaseless factional conflict, unable (for now) to project much power outwards. The map itself is an abstraction (ie there's no specific faction governing a discrete territorial entity), but there are factions disproportionately strong in certain parts of the country vying to advance their positions.

FOeb2S3.png

Last edited:
Xl2Wpth.png

It feels like forever since I've made a map! It is good to be back at it. Here is something I've worked on today, hoping to complete by the end of the week if I can manage to think of something to do with the New World, Oceania and Sub-Saharan Africa. Consider this a bit of 1700s-punk/Clash of Civilizations-punk but for a specific purpose.

The premise behind this map is based on a topic my lecturer for International Relations brought up a couple of months ago. He discussed very briefly the idea of a Sino-centric, tributary based international system not founded on the Westphalian/European idea of sovereignty, non-interference and nation-states. That led me to ask what would be the consequences of a modern, globalized world that consisted of more than solely the Western style international system. How would these systems work/interact? A question on what the Sino-centric system consisted of was in the exam, so it brought me back to the idea.

Hope you enjoy the sneak peek, and if you've got any ideas for the New World, please let me know! I'm still questioning whether to have colonialism exist or not. I'd prefer to avoid it, but then I'm not sure how to construct the rest of the world.

It's summer so I got a few friends to learn D&D together. this is a campaign map I've cooked up for the game:
4AD6HbH.png

It's not a conventional map, that much is clear, but I'm pretty happy with how it looks. Still have no idea how to do rivers and roads though.

I might do a more conventional political map some time soon.

WIP.png

A mashup of ideas from Bruce, For Want of a Nail, some HOI 4 mods, and random ideas from discussions on this site. Debating on either a big British America divided into smaller dominions or a smaller more centralized commonwealth of America which has gotten its ass kicked by natives in the west

Welcome to The Panopticon.

Welcome to... The Anatolian Collective.​

One of several new nations formed in the aftermath of the Second Russian Civil War in the late 2030s, the Anatolian Collective is a middle power in the world alongside Spain, the Central American Federation, and Japan.

Their capital being the city of Novo-Sochi (roughly on the site of pre-Change Samsun, Turkey), the Collective is a cabal of oligarchs who were originally given access to Russian Anatolia to exploit the replenished natural resources though the cabal would later scramble to keep hold of the vast political influence they held in the Russian Federation once the Civil War commenced. These oligarchs were able to buy the loyalty of a portion of the Russian Army, who's government paychecks began to dry up while in the middle of futilely attempting to pacify the Caucasus Republics and were subsequently "hired" by the future rulers of the Collective. As they were among the more stable Russian successor states to emerge from the Second Civil War, the Collective were able to become the great power they are today due to the collective wealth of the oligarchs and the large population the country hosts, both of which explain the Collective's large army.

Cementing their great power status was a combination of securing territory in eastern Europe, the purchase of Vyraj on the southern Arabian Peninsula (a ruling oligarch at the time had a major interest in Slavic mythology and the other oligarchs simply went with the name on the grounds that they had nothing else) in 2042 during the final partition of the region, and gaining major influence over the governments of the Don Republic, Chechnya, and Dagestan, the three countries in the former Russian Caucasus that fought for and gain their independence during the Civil War. The three nations are under the permanent protection of the Anatolian Army, a military force that is more akin to the mercenaries that compose the Panopticon State Security Service.

As of 2115, the current rule of the oligarchs is a careful balancing act of bread & circuses to control the civilian population and keeping to the decree of equally ruling together, a lesson learned from the collapse of the Russian Federation. However, one aspiring journalist doing her own investigation nearly upset the balance after discovering that the rulers of the Collective have been discreetly sending all dissenters in their own country and those within the former Russian Caucasus to the Panopticon, her investigation also uncovering the inhumane conditions of the Panopticon itself. The journalist was later reported to be missing from her home in Barcelona in December of 2114 with her research missing as well, both never to be seen again. For the oligarchs of the Collective and the CEO cabal of the Panopticon, this journalist was too close a call for she nearly brought them both down like a house of cards. They consider it lucky that she did not discover how even the children of the imprisoned are kept in the Panopticon nor did she uncover the Anatolian Army's operations in the "wildlands" that is Siberia and the former Congo...

But the troubles for them are not over yet. The sudden disappearance of this journalist has seen her colleagues in both the European Federation of Journalists and the Associated Press demanding a full on investigation due to clear evidence of foul play and warnings from their missing colleague that she knew she would likely die "or worse" should she keep going with her investigation, their rallying on social media not helping matters. The oligarchs and the CEO Cabal are scrambling to keep a lid on the situation and while action is necessary, few believe that simply killing the other journalists is feasible. A meeting in Vyraj's capital is to be held between both sides to discuss just what they need to do to prevent any evidence of their wrongdoings coming to light and plugging up the leaks that nearly allowed that lone journalist to take them down in the first place.

Meanwhile in the Panopticon itself, yet another lone prisoner escapes to the Outback after months of grueling labor, her worse fears of the Panopticon proving true. Kidnapped from her home and forcibly dumped into hell itself to be left to die, even if she must trade her camera for a rifle, the Journalist is still determined to alert the word of the Panopticon's hidden cruelty and malice along with seeing those that have enabled such a hell to be possible being brought to justice.

"Live free or die trying" seems to be the unofficial motto for residents of The Wastes. For the Journalist, that motto is now her new goal though with only her determination and refusal to die supporting her, even she must wonder if things will ever truly change...

1VQcrf5.png

This map has also been continued.

unknown.png

Next I'm thinking of the Riverlands. Someone on discord suggested something akin to Renaissance Italy, which is pretty interesting as I want to make the Riverlands more urban and merchant-minded.

If the Reach is constantly divided by bickering feudalism and centuries old blood rivalries then so is the Riverlands, but the smallfolk have found ways around this- their qualities bear the mark of all the cultures and races of Westeros, making them some of the hardiest and sharp minded to ply trade from the headwaters of the Tumbelstone to the balmy shores of the Free Cities.

I always thought the Westerlands were more like Renaissance Italy? Westeroscraft actually constructed the entire Westerlands with that sort of architectural vision in mind...

KapiTod

Banned
I always thought the Westerlands were more like Renaissance Italy? Westeroscraft actually constructed the entire Westerlands with that sort of architectural vision in mind...
I mean they could have that sort of building aesthetic.

But they're the primary gold exporters, seemingly in the world. Same as Mali was in a similar period in our own time.

Progress marches on! And in fact, I've completely revamped a part of the map.

I originally had a Japan-UAR alliance (that itself began as the Japan-Turkey alliance from Friedman's book) but I've changed it to a Indonesia-UAR alliance. It fulfills largely the same role, having control over trade through Suez/Mandeb/Molucca. They don't have much in terms of naval or financial power, but they do have land for tons of anti-ship missiles.

They are opposed by the powers looking to secure trade through the straits, eg India, China, Australia, Vietnam, and the EU. Japan is a wild card, a militarized menace that will partner with any country or faction to get ahead.

---

I am too lazy to redo Africa for every map, so I am shamelessly cannibalizing my own WIPs. Nationalist and pan-nationalist African movements are a recurring theme in my work.

VFGy3Cs.png