Stupid Luck and Happenstance, Thread II

Oh Kat you think that story about throwing Philby into the tiger’s cage will shock and horrify your audience, no that is only going to add to your legend.
There were Canadian citizens that were killed in the Tumbler Ridge Massacre, members of the RCMP so your audience is going to applaud you and feel that what happened to Philby is more than justified.
From now on every female tiger cub that is born in any zoo the demand for it to be named after you will be a given.
Every spy movie will have a scene like that and no one will say it is not real.

The title of this story just makes everyhting all the more suspicious when it comes to certain characters. Kiki is in a wonderful position.....someone, just someone is going to do something stupid. The Finley curse is going to strike again sooner or later, does not mean its him, but something stupid is going to happen here. Its too perfect for something to not happen.

Maybe senor Abusto is going to do something stupid....

That said, Finley should either be retired or dead by now....

She can downplay her involvement by saying that she only gave the British the nudge to look into the men who put the list of suspects together, and not mention her interrogation technique.

I doubt she'd mention Fleming by name but I think his next adventure will probably include something like what they did to Philby.

I wonder if Queen Elizabeth would comment upon the revelation. "He admitted to complicity in the deaths of Our Canadian subjects, some of whom were members of Our extended family. Being drawn and quartered was still a legal punishment for the charge of Treason against the Crown."

“They aren’t” Parker said, “Because you aren’t going to tell them a word about it. This is need to know and I’m only telling you this because you need to know. We are also need to debrief you and your men about your interactions with Fahnenjunker Fischer.”

The fact that you needed to know was not known at the time that the now known need to know was known, therefore those that needed to advise and inform the Secretary perhaps felt the information he needed as to whether to inform the highest authority of the known information was not yet known and therefore there was no authority for the authority to be informed because the need to know was not, at that time, known or needed.

The fact that you needed to know was not known at the time that the now known need to know was known, therefore those that needed to advise and inform the Secretary perhaps felt the information he needed as to whether to inform the highest authority of the known information was not yet known and therefore there was no authority for the authority to be informed because the need to know was not, at that time, known or needed.

AT least its not Donald Rumsfeld....There are many known unknowns.

MIss Fischer is a Prussian Princess masquerading as a German Nurse.. We know this. The Germans know that we know. But we make-believe that we don't know and the Germans make-believe that they believe that we don't know, but know that we know. Everybody knows.

AT least its not Donald Rumsfeld....There are many known unknowns.

MIss Fischer is a Prussian Princess masquerading as a German Nurse.. We know this. The Germans know that we know. But we make-believe that we don't know and the Germans make-believe that they believe that we don't know, but know that we know. Everybody knows.

Except if we don't know..... Sorry couldn't resist. I'll let myself out.

I have a couple of questions.
One did the Americans tell Germany that they know that Princess Kristina is in Korea?
Two if so, do they tell the Germans that the Chinese don't know and the Americans won't tell them?
Three do the Americans tell the Germans that they will do every thing in their power to make sure that the Chinese don't get any ideas?

One did the Americans tell Germany that they know that Princess Kristina is in Korea?
Two if so, do they tell the Germans that the Chinese don't know and the Americans won't tell them?
Three do the Americans tell the Germans that they will do every thing in their power to make sure that the Chinese don't get any ideas?

I think the third is by far the most important and logical.

But do they know that we know that they know that we know that they know that we know...where was I?.....

On that third point, I think Jonny, Richie and the rest of his squad will do anything in their power to keep Kiki safe if for no other reason than they think of her as everyone's little sister.

Part 89, Chapter 1389
Chapter One Thousand Three Hundred Eighty-Nine

11th August 1960

Dublin, Ireland

Why after twenty years had Kat Mischner suddenly decided that she needed to open her mouth over her role in the Cambridge spy ring? Worse of all she had said that she had needed to show the boys how it was done and seen fit to mention that it had been Ian Fleming and Jack Kennedy who had been the ones conducting the mole hunt that had ended with Harold Philby having his little tumble into the tiger cage.

The London Zoo was still upset about that little episode. Their tiger had been forced to live the remainder of its life with the reputation as a maneater and they ignored the fact that reputation had drawn crowds. The SIS had made sure that no harm came to the tiger and had even gone so far as seeing that the animal was fed choice cuts of beef and milk to wash the terrible taste of that treasonous bastard from its mouth.

Ian Fleming had been indifferent about that story coming out. “That is what happens when you play the game and lose” He had said when reporters had caught up with him in Spain. He also had a new book out and a movie in production, so the timing of the real-life Andrea Herzog telling a story of one of the adventures that had inspired Ian’s novels suited him perfectly.

All that did however leave Jack out in the cold. He already had a questionable reputation having provided legal defense for men who had been on both sides of the troubles following Ireland’s separation from English rule. Having the IRA learning that he had worked with a British Agent before the war was exactly the sort of thing that could get him killed. He would have been on the first plane out, but he realized that he really didn’t have anywhere to go. Could he stand going to Berlin to work full time keeping Kat’s secret empire secret? Boston where his father’s bad reputation still lingered like a bad smell? Those didn’t seem like great choices.

Jack also had personal reasons not leave Dublin, Bridget Ó Luain to be exact. She had been hired to be his secretary and stupidly he had gotten involved with her. Next thing he knew she was talking marriage and his entire family was telling him that it was long past time that he stopped being Dublin’s most notorious playboy. A proper Irish woman like Bridget who wouldn’t hesitate to put him into his grave if he stepped out of line was exactly what he needed. Joe Junior had even gone so far as to call into a Dublin radio station to have the Corky Robins song “Conquest” dedicated to him just to rub it in.

That was why it wasn’t a surprise when the van slammed to halt on the street in front of the building that held his Law Offices and the doors swung open. A half dozen rough looking men were inside. “Our Commander wants a word with you Mr. Kennedy” The one who seemed to be the leader said.

Not wanting his partners to have the spectacle of him getting stomped into the paving stones and then dragged off, Jack wasn’t left with many choices here.

Seeing two of the firm’s Associates walking up the street, Jack looked at them and said, “Tell Sean Doren that I’m going to meet with a client.” Before stepping into the van with as much dignity as he could muster. Neither of the two Associates looked too surprised.

“It took a lot of sand to say that” The lead thug said.

“Will it matter a whole lot where I’m going?” Jack asked in reply.

“What do you think?” The lead thug said with a smirk.

That was the answer that Jack had thought he was going to get.

----------------------------------------------------------------

After riding in the van for a considerable length of time. It stopped and pulled into a garage. As Jack was led up and down stairs and through hallways, he knew that he was still somewhere in central Dublin. The men in front and behind him were clearly not taking chances. The Irish Republican Army had been officially disbanded decades earlier with the establishment of the Republic, its units folded into the regular Irish Army. The unofficial story was extremely different. The IRA had never gone away, it had only gone underground maintaining itself with the Government looking the other way against the day that the British ever returned. The room that Jack was led into looked like the back room of one of Dublin’s many bars. The man who was waiting, shouldn’t have been a surprise to Jack. It had been years and even when they had been in the Reisimint Ilchríochach together in the Soviet War everyone had known that most of the Regiment were also secretly members of the IRA. The man who the men who had picked Jack up and deferred to was Jack’s former subordinate Patrick Berne.

“A bit of a misunderstanding here Patrick” Jack said.

“No misunderstanding” Patrick said as he poured a measure of whiskey into a glass, “You helped the thrice damned MI6 root out a collaborator who got what he richly deserved.”

What did that say about what these men were about to do to Jack?

“Don’t worry Jack” Patrick said, “You were on the side of the angels with that one. We were on the same side as the Brits against the Russians, you were just faster on the uptake than most.”

Jack was relieved, but he had also lived with Patrick for two years during the war, so he knew him better than he would have liked. What was going to be the catch?

Patrick handed Jack the glass before pouring himself one.

“I’m glad we got that out of the way” Jack said, knowing that it would force Patrick’s hand.

“What I wanted to talk to you about was that some of our lads got jammed up recently” Patrick said, “Armed robbery, weapons charges, all a complete load of bullocks, of course.”

“Of course,” Jack repeated. He understood that those “lads” were probably hardened criminals who were guilty as sin of what they were accused of. Patrick was basically telling Jack to get them off if he could because he knew that they had him over a barrel. Jack would need to thank Kat for getting him into this mess the next time he saw her, if he lived that long.

Last edited:
19cbce984195ead0be7582b4c8311c60.jpg

This will end well...

“What I wanted to talk to you about was that some of our lads got jammed up recently” Patrick said, “Armed robbery, weapons charges, all a complete load of bullocks, of course.”

“Of course,” Jack repeated. He understood that those “lads” were probably hardened criminals who were guilty as sin of what they were accused of. Patrick was basically telling Jack to get them off if he could because he knew that they had him over a barrel. Jack would need to thank Kat for getting him into this mess the next time he saw her, if he lived that long.
No good deed goes unpunished.

The most hilarious it's that the judge likely will give a slap in the wrist to Jack's represented,if only because in his words, "At least there is an Irish with the right idea of what to do with child killers"....

Two words mate: Billable Hours.

And as a added bonus, in flat cash. Meaning it's way easier to deposit then a check.