hw1uVMGl.png

When the original incarnation of this timeline was being posted, I quickly cobbled together a title card for it to show my support. It was the first titlecard I did for the site, and it shows honestly. As far as I'm aware, it was used for the tv tropes page and several other entries. I no longer have the original, so this thumbnail version is the only version I have.

Anyway, Now with this redux being as absolutely fantastic as it has been and continues to be, I wanted to try and recreate it. Better, and more extreme, as this timeline deserves.

TgF8zGN.png

"We stand today at the precipice of the global Pax Americana our great forefathers dreamed of. From when the great prophet Burr received his revelation in 1826, to our beloved former Atheling Custer and his son Steele and now to me, we have been blessed America..truly blessed. Even now, as I have initiated the Great Peacemaker War which according to my scientists has wiped out 90% of the human population on the surface, we will stand supreme thanks to my genius Hub program. In the coming time, we shall emerge into the baked wastes and claim the world. We Americans won't be inbred radioactive mutants or papist slavic scum, we will be pureblooded and forge the New Jerusalem. Though sadly that won't be in my or in any of our lifetimes, but patience..patience is all we need. Goodnight Dear America, I say goodbye to all, and pray to mighty Jehovah and the government for us to pull through."
-Extract of Charles Oswald's last speech to the American populace from his special Hub bunker, 1984.

"I AM THE VOICE OF THE PEOPLE DAMNIT!!! WHAT I SAY AND DO IS WHAT THE AMERICAN PEOPLE SAY AND WANT, I WILL NOT HAVE YOUR LIMP WRISTED ASS TELL ME HOW TO RUN MY DAMN EMPIRE!!!" sounds of a smack are heard and a chair being thrown.
-Extract of a violent confrontation between President Charles Oswald and Vice-President Richard Nixon.

"The League may have peacemakers, but we have our spirit and mighty jehovah to guide us..a nuclear war is nothing to fear gentleman. I have already started it, I have given the order for multiple bombs to hit Paris and Moscow, I predict global devastation will be imminent in an hour. Why is it nothing to fear? Because, despite 90% of the population dead, we shall simply repopulate. The inferiors in their natural state will devolve into the filthy animals that they are, and when we emerge from our bunkers, the whole world will be american. Ooh it just makes me excited thinking about it." Sounds of massive complaints are heard among Oswald's generals before gunshots are heard as they are killed by Oswald's loyalists and Billy Graham's Zealots. Shortly after Oswald would go on to make his last speech.

Eh I was bored thought I just make these insane Oswaldian ramblings.

Something that occurred to me: Illuminism seems to be essentially Hebertism, maybe with a bit more free-market stuff. It's basically just revolutionary Republicanism with added militant atheism.

Read the last chapter a few days ago. I found it very interesting that in this version of the Madnessverse the once great empire of Germania has completely broken apart, with a west Germania and east Germania at that. I also found it disturbing what happened to the Carolinian ambassador and his family, but that’s the point of this timeline after all.

I assume the Kingdom of Mittelafrika was a Kaiserreich reference, but I could be wrong. I also assume that Poland will remain independent.

Lastly, that’s hope Ireland remains a free and sovereign nation. I’m in Ireland right now on vacation, so I felt that this was only appropriate.

Read the last chapter a few days ago. I found it very interesting that in this version of the Madnessverse the once great empire of Germania has completely broken apart, with a west Germania and east Germania at that. I also found it disturbing what happened to the Carolinian ambassador and his family, but that’s the point of this timeline after all.

I assume the Kingdom of Mittelafrika was a Kaiserreich reference, but I could be wrong. I also assume that Poland will remain independent.

Lastly, that’s hope Ireland remains a free and sovereign nation. I’m in Ireland right now on vacation, so I felt that this was only appropriate.
Well of course! What would the timeline be without the Brittanic Union railing about Eirestrip One right offshore? As for Poland I'm shamelessly lobbying that it ends up the core of the Illuminist Bloc.

A Little Trip.jpg

A Carolinian man prepares to Take a Little Trip because the Lord's Work ain't gonna complete itself (1917 colorized)

Restraint.jpg

The powers of the Free World restrain Carolina from "Making every Kraut a corpse" so as not to offend their allies in the area (1917 colorized).

@Napoleon53, have you read A More Perfect Union by @HeX? It's shaping up to be the opposite of your TL's US...

I have glanced it over and it looks great! I am currently trying to catch up on our EU. Sadly, in between working full time, researching for this TL, friends, and writing, I have very little free time to keep up on much. *sad emoji*

Alright here's a helluva an idea for a scene ITTL:

Joe Steele, our beloved Strong Man, is watching the Philadelphia Philharmonic Orchestra. He's smiling, not because of the music, but because tonight his purge of all his enemies begins. Right as this song starts playing:

ORRA men rush into the aisles and boxes, to the confusion of the audience. Prominent men and women start getting dragged out of their seats by the ORRA men, their yells of protest muffled by gags brought for the purpose. They're dragged outside and shot by ORRA men screaming "ALL HAIL STEELE" and "OUR UNION FOREVER." Meanwhile the performers are still performing, doing their damnedest to play perfectly so they aren't next. The performance ends as the last victims are shot. The concert hall is utterly silent. Then, Steele stands and starts to clap. He's joined by more and more people until the hall is filled with clapping, cheering guests. Only when he sits down do they dare to stop.

Alright here's a helluva an idea for a scene ITTL:

Joe Steele, our beloved Strong Man, is watching the Philadelphia Philharmonic Orchestra. He's smiling, not because of the music, but because tonight his purge of all his enemies begins. Right as this song starts playing:

ORRA men rush into the aisles and boxes, to the confusion of the audience. Prominent men and women start getting dragged out of their seats by the ORRA men, their yells of protest muffled by gags brought for the purpose. They're dragged outside and shot by ORRA men screaming "ALL HAIL STEELE" and "OUR UNION FOREVER." Meanwhile the performers are still performing, doing their damnedest to play perfectly so they aren't next. The performance ends as the last victims are shot. The concert hall is utterly silent. Then, Steele stands and starts to clap. He's joined by more and more people until the hall is filled with clapping, cheering guests. Only when he sits down do they dare to stop.
Meanwhile, Oswald, the orchestrator of the purge and seated a row behind, gives a pointed glance to the back of his boss's head.

Ladies and gentlemen, I believe I have finished the conclusive biography of Chuck Oswald in my new handy-dandy leather notebook. Literally, every single major point of his life is mapped out. And boyyyyyyy is it a coked-out monstrosity of a nightmare. It's different from 1.0 to the point where no one will guess what is going on. Chuck Oswald will become, hopefully, one of your favorite villains around. I believe my notes on him are possibly the most creative and interesting thing I've ever written. I'm so pumped to eventually get to him.

Repeat: literally nothing in this TL will compare to the balls-to-the-wall histrionic, self-serving psychopathy of Chuckie. It's leagues better than his story in 1.0, not even a contest.

Teaser: His FATHER will be a villain as well, but in his own way. All I'll say for now.

Ladies and gentlemen, I believe I have finished the conclusive biography of Chuck Oswald in my new handy-dandy leather notebook. Literally, every single major point of his life is mapped out. And boyyyyyyy is it a coked-out monstrosity of a nightmare. It's different from 1.0 to the point where no one will guess what is going on. Chuck Oswald will become, hopefully, one of your favorite villains around. I believe my notes on him are possibly the most creative and interesting thing I've ever written. I'm so pumped to eventually get to him.

Repeat: literally nothing in this TL will compare to the balls-to-the-wall histrionic, self-serving psychopathy of Chuckie. It's leagues better than his story in 1.0, not even a contest.

Teaser: His FATHER will be a villain as well, but in his own way. All I'll say for now.

Man I didn’t expect you misspell hero so badly