Adolf Hitler In A German WWI Victory Timeline

Deleted member 103950

It's interesting to think about the tyrants of history and how they might have turned out if circumstances had been different, or if their way of viewing the world hadn't been warped by their circumstances. So when you think of the biggest tyrant in human history. One has to wonder. What if some of the formative experiences that turned Hitler into Hitler, didn't happen or happened differently.

Hitler was stationed at the front during world war I from the very start to the very end and he himself said it was the best time of his life, and the only time of his life he felt like he mattered.

Any people even passively familiar with the World Wars knows that Hitler considered Germany's loss in the first world war a humiliation, and it was formative experience that eventually led to him becoming the monster we know in pretty much every bit of World War II media.

But this got me thinking. What if Hitler had been on the winning side in the first world war. What would have his life after the war been like? Would he have still gone into politics? Would he have gone back to art school? Would he have been able to rise to power and gain backing for his Anti-Semetic beliefs?

I'm asking this question because a lot of timelines and question on this board are about broad sweeping historical events. Quite a few I feel do not focus much on how these big sweeping impactful events influence the individuals who are caught up in them, and how changing these big sweeping historical events would impact the individuals.

So with no alien space bats involved whatsoever. If Hitler was on the winning side in World War I. The Great War. How is his fate changed, how are the events he caused in the OTL changed?

Deleted member 1487

He wanted to stay in the army IOTL, the first place he apparently felt accepted, so he probably would be able to after the war ends, as there wouldn't be the ToV restrictions that leaned things down to 100k men. He probably just ends up a lower end NCO and eventually gets a civil service job as that was the retirement option open to retired NCOs of the German army.

A lot depends on how quickly German wins the war.
The shorter the war the less hate.
Also depends on what the peace treaty is like.
How big the allied loans from America are and if they default on them later causing banking crash in America and a world wide rescission.
Do the Soviets come to power in the far east?

I've noticed that most of the time travelers and ISOTs alter his life path, but make sure Ulyanov and Djugashvili have unfortunate accidents. That indicates an assumption that Hitler was the result of circumstances while the Bolsheviks were irredeemably evil.

I would expect that a Central Powers victory would prevent the rise of Nazism. Hitler would still be a racist and antisemite (like most people back then), but would have neither the capability nor the inclination to be the genocidal maniac we all know and hate. The interesting question is whether a great historical monster would have emerged in France or Serbia.

I've noticed that most of the time travelers and ISOTs alter his life path, but make sure Ulyanov and Djugashvili have unfortunate accidents. That indicates an assumption that Hitler was the result of circumstances while the Bolsheviks were irredeemably evil.
I think you might be reading it a tad too deeply into it. I think there's more surface explanations:
-killing Hitler has been done to death even before Red Alert came out in the mid 90s, so many timeline writers wants to do something slightly more original.
-quite frankly, most people here are not exactly well versed in the lives of individual Bolsheviks, and thus it's far easier to kill them off rather than change details of their lives that'll probably end up looking really cringe/silly looking. Like I have no damn clue those 2 names you mentioned.
The interesting question is whether a great historical monster would have emerged in France or Serbia.
*accordion music plays in the background 70 years earlier than OTL*

But what could a angry rump Serbia do though?

My guess would be that he would stay in the army for a while before becoming a politician that supports uniting Germany and Austria (Destroying the Habsburg empire in the process). He would be fine with monarchy though so even if he got into power Germany would still be a Monarchy.

I think you might be reading it a tad too deeply into it. I think there's more surface explanations:
-killing Hitler has been done to death even before Red Alert came out in the mid 90s, so many timeline writers wants to do something slightly more original.
-quite frankly, most people here are not exactly well versed in the lives of individual Bolsheviks, and thus it's far easier to kill them off rather than change details of their lives that'll probably end up looking really cringe/silly looking. Like I have no damn clue those 2 names you mentioned.

*accordion music plays in the background 70 years earlier than OTL*

But what could a angry rump Serbia do though?

He means stalin and lenin, but for some reason decided to use their redundant birth names neither of them really used when they became revolutionary leaders... Bit of a flex...

Last edited:
He wanted to stay in the army IOTL, the first place he apparently felt accepted, so he probably would be able to after the war ends, as there wouldn't be the ToV restrictions that leaned things down to 100k men. He probably just ends up a lower end NCO and eventually gets a civil service job as that was the retirement option open to retired NCOs of the German army.

Agreed. Imho it is significant that in four years of war, creating vacancies by the thousands, he was never promoted higher than Corporal. With no ToV etc, the German "establishment" would not have needed him, and almost certainly would have kept him in his place.

In particular there would have been no SA or similar paramilitary, as the German Army would never have tolerated the formation of rival organisations. Nor could there have been a Soldiers' Oath, as there would be no question of German soldiers swearing allegiance to anyone except the King-Emperor. When he leaves the Army, he probably ends up pretty much like his father, as a railway stationmaster or something. But I pity his subordinates.

Last edited:
He would most likely be demobilizad at the end of the war, go back to Munich and continue be a failing artist.

The difference in between Hilter and Lenin/Stalin is that Lenin and Stalin were revolutionaries before ww1 but Hilters politically ideas were made in the defeat of German Army and the immediately peace.

i think that Hitler in Victorious German Empire has this bright future: to go begging
tei5ed93rrky.jpg

Dolan

Banned
Nah, let's think something better. Germany win WW1 in just Two Years, White Peace in The West and Major Concessions to The East.

Corporal Adolf Hitler end up having honorably discharged from the Army. He never lost his first dog(Fuchsl), and thus he still have his stacks of Wartime Paintings (that IOTL lost with the dog, because a Jewish boy allegedly stole them, it's kind of tragic, likely to be his real start of darkness). He tries to beg his superior to let him stay in the army, but by some apparent coincidence, some of the higher command happened to look at his paintings, and arranged for him to get a scholarship at Berlin University of The Arts so he would at least develop his painting talent, and not bothering the Army ever again.

Hitler ends up being enrolled in said University, and becoming an Art Student. It was noted that his human paintings are devoid of emotions, but due to him painting scenes from the Trenches and Wars, it was taken as a sign of Dehumanization due to War, and every art critics started to applause such "deep" meaning inside Hitler's paintings, especially when the landscape are actually rather good and strangely much more expressive, if depressing.

Adolf Hitler then finished University Education, and become a respectable German Painter and Architect, famous for his Great War Scenes and later Architectural Designs. He would end up being known as the German Salvador Dali.

A CP victory would somehow butterfly away Hitler's entire political career and he'd probably end up as a painter. Or he still serves in the military and becomes a German version of Simo Häyhä/Georgiy Zhukov when WW2 eventually breaks out.