how many states in the Caribbean

if the US gains all or most of the Caribbean Islands and was not inclined to let them remain without statehood for a century plus, how many states would there be and what would make up of the states. I am thinking each of the greater Antilles as a state (or maybe 2 in the case of Hispaniola) while the lesser Antilles maybe become 2 states the windward islands and the leeward islands

Cuba, Hispaniola and Puerto Rico would be their own states. Other smaller islands probably would be 1 - 2 states.

Cuba, Hispaniola and Puerto Rico would be their own states. Other smaller islands probably would be 1 - 2 states.

Jamaica as well, I would imagine. As for the Virgin Islands, I imagine they would either become their own state or be incorporated into Puerto Rico

Jamaica as well, I would imagine. As for the Virgin Islands, I imagine they would either become their own state or be incorporated into Puerto Rico

Jamaica would be big enough to be its own state. And perhaps Cayman Islands could be incorporated to Jamaica.

Marc

Donor
Those islands that are Spanish speaking, Catholic, or strong majority black - not until the late 1960's, if at all.
It changes the social and political dynamics of the US far too much.

Ignoring all of the butterflies, I could imagine states for Cuba, Haiti, The DR, Jamaica (perhaps with the Caymans), Puerto Rico (perhaps with the Virgin Islands), the Bahamas (probably with Turks and Caicos), and one state for the lesser antilles. If the Guyanas were incorporated, they could be one to three states.

Bahamas (combined with Turks and Caicos) would be one state, and will likely be the first to gain statehood since if gained after the American Revolution will be automatically a state (as it was a colony on the same level as the 13 Colonies), and if gained later will become majority white within a few decades since it will have Florida-esque development in the 20th century. Depending on how well the state leaders promote it and luck with hurricanes, the Bahamas could be the most populous state in the Caribbean, with Andros and Inagua nothing but a sea of tacky housing developments in between surviving patches of wilderness.

Like the U.S. would freely give black majority lands the right to vote for presidency.

Save for maybe Bahamas being attached to Florida and Bermuda being given statehood I just dont see it being a thing.

hispaniola could be one state with a hispanic ruling class, but if they wanted anything like equity it would probably end up divided into two states.

Vuu

Banned
Those islands that are Spanish speaking, Catholic, or strong majority black - not until the late 1960's, if at all.
It changes the social and political dynamics of the US far too much.
Eh, we're not into the specifics here.

Anyways, here's my proposal:
Bermuda goes to NC
Lucayan archipelago becomes it's own state - but Bimini is given to Florida
Cuba+Caymans state
Hispaniola a state
Puerto Rico is a state and has all the islands down to Grenada. Maybe Trinidad and Tobago too but since they're chained to South America I'm not gonna include them for aesthetic purposes

If somehow the Union beat Britain and the slaveholding traitors might radicals Republicans think black majority areas would help them

Ok, assuming the US gains control over the entirety of the West Indies islands (since the Bahamas and T&C aren't in the Caribbean)

One or two states each - Cuba, Hispaniola
One state - Jamaica+Cayman, Puerto Rico, Trinidad, Bahamas+T&C
Lumped together as states - Windward Islands, Leeward Islands

colonel

Donor
The fact that Puerto Rico and the United States Virgin Islands have been under US jurisdiction for over a century without statehood should tell you it is very possible, if not likely, that no additional states would come from the Caribbean.

Like the U.S. would freely give black majority lands the right to vote for presidency.

Save for maybe Bahamas being attached to Florida and Bermuda being given statehood I just dont see it being a thing.
Bermuda would most likely given oi Virginia because of shared cultural roots, and the population is too small to become a state and depending on when the Bahamas is incorporated it could be to South Carolina for similar reasons.

No way is the US going to give them more then 4 states TOTAL. That is about 10% of the states in the union and I don’t care if they are Purple or Green the mainlanders are not giving them that much say,
Keep in mind that most US territories that where admitted as states were those that were basically “colonized” from other US states so it’s people were basically bog standard Americans to start with, very few states were admitted with a majority of its people not have been descended from people that moved there from existing IS states.
This is the same problem you see in threads about turning Canada or Mexico into states, The existing states are just not going to hand over that much say to “outsiders”.
Even giving the 150 to 200 years to bring them into the union you will then be up against the problem of creating a power/geography block. We used to have a noticeable geographic block situation in the US with the Deap South being the obvious one. But New England and the south west being a couple others, and creating a half dozen states that have more in common with each other then with any existing state in the union is just creating another separate power block. And that is something frankly the US does not need. And the existing state politicians just won’t put up with.
And yes the fact that these folks are predominately of a racial and religious background that does not Mach the dominant one in the existing states does not help. And the obvious bias of the “old south” just makes that even worse.
So this is totally ASB.
But if somehow it happens you are looking at two or three states maybe 4, and by 1960 5 at the absolute most.

there is nothing that violates the laws of physics, requires alien influence or is otherwise impossible. Even if this is unlikely, which I do not think it really is there is NOTHING about this that is ASB

It is going to take a complete rebuild of the US for this to happen. (In no particular order)
You basically have to back and eliminate all the following issues
Racism/slavery.
Fear of outsiders (that pretty much ever country in the world had back then and most still have)
Religious bias
Fear of loosing power or at least getting it decreased by the politicians.
Language issues.
And don’t forget you need to find a way for these islands to belong to the US vs other countries.

And while you are doing all of that you need to keep the USA as basically the USA otherwise the whole conversation is irrelevant as they would not become US states they would become states in the Unified Governments of American or whatever takes the place of the US.

So basically you have to completely take the USA as we know it apart. Remove whole chunks of its collective “personality” and “culture”. And find a way to subvert thousands of years of human nature (fear of outsiders is extremely common the world over) and yet keep the US.

No it is not against the laws of physics but it is impossible with anything less then hundreds of major changes some of them going back hundreds if not thousands of years. So I think that is a pretty good description of ASB level changes.